Kevin Day, Navy UFO Contact After-Effects |403|

You never know. I am okay about talking about my experiences, but I think they will, be unsatisfying to a reader. They are neither neat nor clear cut. But, briefly, here is an outline.
  • I saw a UFO when I was 14. I was out just before dawn waiting for friends to join me in trout poaching when a saw a huge cigar shaped form very low down, well below the top of Mt Wellington in Tasmania, which is just over 4,000 feet. I watched it for a while before running down the hill to get a telescope. It was gone when I got back.
  • Back then I didn’t know UFOs. Afterwards I entered a phase of intense psychism that lasted 4-5 years - but I have no way of connection the two things. It’s only now I have read of others having events that trigger psychism that I make the connection.
  • I had a disturbed childhood. I often woke up with my pyjamas inside out and with my head at the foot of my bed – which was tightly tucked in and I knew that turning around by accident wasn’t easy. It was hard to get out, even when I was panicking and desperate for air. This is similar to reports from abductees.
  • I had a very lucid out of body experience after an acid trip (early 1970s) in which I found myself on a metal slab with greys around me. At this stage I knew nothing about UFOs or greys. I pulled out of the experience and got pulled back. I was terrified by the experience and pretty well buried it. In 1995 I read an article that described exactly the same thing and memories flooded back -and the emotion as well. Some will, say that anything linked to an acid trip is likely to be just a hallucination. That’s rubbish in my view – but make up your own mind.
  • That article got me into reading on UFOs for the first time. I was living in Bathurst in western New South Wales at the time and one Saturday morning I was heading off for a coffee and a read of the paper. I walked past a bookshop that had just opened, walked in and before I had any idea of what was going on I had bought Mack’s Abduction. I read that flat out.
  • The next weekend I attended a psychic fair and met a woman who did hypnotic regression and had done work with abductees and I arranged to travel to Sydney for a session.
  • The morning I was to head off my car (a Mazda 626) would not start at all the for the first time ever. By the time it did start it was too late and I tried to make a new booking. But I was assailed by such a profound sense of threat and the feeling I could be injured if I persisted. I gave up. I trust my intuitions.
  • Every time I tried to contact her and another person she suggested I should meet the communications lines became very warped and strange. It was very clear that some agency was intent on ensuring that I did not go down that route. By that I mean there was deliberate interference that was accompanied by a palpable sense of threat. By that stage I had trained in ritual magic and had experiences dealing with unwanted agents. Whatever it was I had encountered this time was potent and not to be messed with. I quit any attempt at regression.
  • Back in the early 1970s I fell in with a group seriously into contacting ET. I was sceptical but curious. I was walking back to where we were staying in a Sydney suburb about 2.00am and as I passed a racecourse I saw a UFO on the ground and beings walking nearby. I stopped and watched and then realised that I was looking through a cyclone fence at the scene scarcely 100 yards away – and they could see me, so I walked away quickly.
  • The next day, early evening, I was sitting with the group in the kitchen. The conversation was intense, but I forget what it was about now. I was fighting off an increasingly insistent urge to go outside. The conversation was too interesting. Suddenly I was yanked out of my seat and frog marched down the back steps and firmly placed on the ground. It was an invisible agent that did that. I stayed there for a few minutes, and, as nothing was happening, I went back inside. Soon after, one of the group noticed I had been scrawling something madly over a newspaper. She asked me what I was doing. I had no idea. I was not even aware my hand was moving.
  • I ended up writing pages and pages of a strange script -at least my hand did. My ability to do that lasted for about 4 years. Never did make any sense of it.
  • I was also manifesting other psi phenomena with no control at all, and often no awareness. It was not a pleasant time. In fact, it was deeply troubling, and members of the group were not happy. So I left. I then entered a disturbing period of wild psi phenomena and ended up hooked up with more people into ET and UFOs. I got away from them as soon as I discovered that was what they were into.
  • I remained deeply sceptical of claims about contacting ET. I knew something was going on with me but I did not like that so many people said they knew what it was and I had to believe them. I had learned to doubt interpretations – especially neat ones that do little more than confirm delusions. I came across a lot of people I had a deep sense were dead wrong about what they believed.
  • That wild psi period lasted for around 5 years. I came out that period wrecked and traumatised, and it has taken me decades to recover. I am not going to detail what happened during that period.
  • For a bunch of reasons, I now know I was abducted as a child – and probably into adulthood.
  • I am very much in tune with Whitley Strieber’s view that there’s more to ET than most suppose.
It is evident that people have very different experiences of abduction and encounters with ET. Mine were not so much negative as intense to the point of trauma. I was deeply worried for my sanity – and for good reason. I came close to cracking several times. I think maybe I was so stupid I needed to be shaken up seriously.

I don’t have a theory of ET. I was struck by an account in Abduction when a woman (during an abduction experience) described her disappointment at being led into a room that looked completely terrestrial. ET was surprised. They understood she wanted to ‘conference’, so they created a conference room. That means ET is operating in a very plastic domain that can be adapted at will. That suggests to me that so much is metaphysical and analogical. I have other reasons for thinking that too.

I read the theories and none seem to me to sufficient – no more than partial glimpses at best. I don’t have problems with things moving from the metaphysical to the physical. It happens all the time – though we do it in clunky laborious ways. But we haven’t mastering moving the other way – and that is what wrecks our capacity to imagine and to theorise.

What is real is more astonishing than we can imagine most of the time – so I don’t see any point in making theories. I prefer to try to allow myself to imagine what is – and allow that it will mostly transcend my rationality.
Michael
Thanks for telling us about your experiences.
Did you feel at any time that you or part of You were somehow responsible for any part of what happened or do
you feel it all came from outside sources?

may I ask you a question about this? I've read accounts suggesting some of this is the result of poor screen memory technology on the part of ET (IYKWIM). I remember one account where the guy was told thru telepathic message "why are you getting so upset you're not going to remember any of this anyway" (paraphrasing). taken at face value, and assuming it wasn't MILAB, the implication is that ET doesn't totally understand human memory / trauma / consciousness

I don't know about poor screen memory tech - maybe so. I don't remember in one respect, but I know I know stuff in another. It has been easier to not get bothered over it - and when I tried, I got warned off. I will know one day - fo that I am certain.

That's just my materialist explanation, metaphysically, if our space-time continuum could be manipulated that allows matter to appear and disappear through dimensions, then anything could happen. Maybe Mr. Patterson could shed some light on this.
Its not complicated in terms of understanding what is possible. We don't have the tech to do it outside claimed 'masters'.I have read enough accounts of things being removed from physical space and then returned - to the same place or elsewhere. Yogic masters and others have apported objects (made them appear). There are multiple accounts of such, and I have no reason to doubt them.

Our time space continuum is being manipulated, but intentionally rather than chaotically., Things happen way more often than we know. The fact that we have built a bubble of very substantial conceits that blinds use to things happen around us matters not at all to agents who interact with our domain.

We are then ones who have come up with the idea that our material reality is discrete and bounded. In fact it is porous and the boundary is quite fuzzy. But it is also true that organic entities have evolved to deal with a physical reality predominantly - so that is where their focus of attention is. Non-organic entities have a different imperative and a different relationship to material reality.

Thanks for telling us about your experiences.
Did you feel at any time that you or part of You were somehow responsible for any part of what happened or do
you feel it all came from outside sources?

I do think I assented. This is because I understand that my life path was agreed before my birth. But saying that does not mean that my earthly self had any idea of such assent - and reacted as if no assent was given and what was happening was not good. Agreeing to have your leg amputated would not, I imagine, circumvent the visceral aversion to the act or the pain.

I don't see myself as a victim - only a participant. In fact I never felt 'victimised', just bashed up by the intensity and extreme novelty. Experience needs a context in which it is normalised for an individual to be okay. Some people go through powerful and extreme experiences and are fine, while others are traumatised. It is not strength or virtue (or the lack of) that determines who is traumatised and who is not. We have kinder understandings of post traumatic stress these days.

I wonder, why wasn't I able to hear your story? why I didn't ask more questions?

I didn't offer. In recent years I have reflected on what I went through, and I think I am easier about organising thoughts about my own experiences. For a long time I tried to write them down and gave up - too much and too crazy. These days I am more into personal stories through my involvement with a Disability Employee Network, which I chair. We are putting more effort into getting the personal dimension of disability shared. I think I have evolved, over the past 12 months in particular, a capacity to tell my story in an easier way. Its easy, now, to step across from one field into another.

I didn't offer. In recent years I have reflected on what I went through, and I think I am easier about organising thoughts about my own experiences. For a long time I tried to write them down and gave up - too much and too crazy. These days I am more into personal stories through my involvement with a Disability Employee Network, which I chair. We are putting more effort into getting the personal dimension of disability shared. I think I have evolved, over the past 12 months in particular, a capacity to tell my story in an easier way. Its easy, now, to step across from one field into another.

Thanks Again
I have found it a bit dangerous to put my head above the parapet, and for good reason really as even the "believers" seem to put a bit
of distance when you start being honest. My experiences were pretty trivial, though even the small stuff puts you in a different space.
You do need time to get used to living in this space, like you would when moving to a new country.

You never know. I am okay about talking about my experiences, but I think they will, be unsatisfying to a reader. They are neither neat nor clear cut. But, briefly, here is an outline.
  • I saw a UFO when I was 14. I was out just before dawn waiting for friends to join me in trout poaching when a saw a huge cigar shaped form very low down, well below the top of Mt Wellington in Tasmania, which is just over 4,000 feet. I watched it for a while before running down the hill to get a telescope. It was gone when I got back.
  • Back then I didn’t know UFOs. Afterwards I entered a phase of intense psychism that lasted 4-5 years - but I have no way of connection the two things. It’s only now I have read of others having events that trigger psychism that I make the connection.
  • I had a disturbed childhood. I often woke up with my pyjamas inside out and with my head at the foot of my bed – which was tightly tucked in and I knew that turning around by accident wasn’t easy. It was hard to get out, even when I was panicking and desperate for air. This is similar to reports from abductees.
  • I had a very lucid out of body experience after an acid trip (early 1970s) in which I found myself on a metal slab with greys around me. At this stage I knew nothing about UFOs or greys. I pulled out of the experience and got pulled back. I was terrified by the experience and pretty well buried it. In 1995 I read an article that described exactly the same thing and memories flooded back -and the emotion as well. Some will, say that anything linked to an acid trip is likely to be just a hallucination. That’s rubbish in my view – but make up your own mind.
  • That article got me into reading on UFOs for the first time. I was living in Bathurst in western New South Wales at the time and one Saturday morning I was heading off for a coffee and a read of the paper. I walked past a bookshop that had just opened, walked in and before I had any idea of what was going on I had bought Mack’s Abduction. I read that flat out.
  • The next weekend I attended a psychic fair and met a woman who did hypnotic regression and had done work with abductees and I arranged to travel to Sydney for a session.
  • The morning I was to head off my car (a Mazda 626) would not start at all the for the first time ever. By the time it did start it was too late and I tried to make a new booking. But I was assailed by such a profound sense of threat and the feeling I could be injured if I persisted. I gave up. I trust my intuitions.
  • Every time I tried to contact her and another person she suggested I should meet the communications lines became very warped and strange. It was very clear that some agency was intent on ensuring that I did not go down that route. By that I mean there was deliberate interference that was accompanied by a palpable sense of threat. By that stage I had trained in ritual magic and had experiences dealing with unwanted agents. Whatever it was I had encountered this time was potent and not to be messed with. I quit any attempt at regression.
  • Back in the early 1970s I fell in with a group seriously into contacting ET. I was sceptical but curious. I was walking back to where we were staying in a Sydney suburb about 2.00am and as I passed a racecourse I saw a UFO on the ground and beings walking nearby. I stopped and watched and then realised that I was looking through a cyclone fence at the scene scarcely 100 yards away – and they could see me, so I walked away quickly.
  • The next day, early evening, I was sitting with the group in the kitchen. The conversation was intense, but I forget what it was about now. I was fighting off an increasingly insistent urge to go outside. The conversation was too interesting. Suddenly I was yanked out of my seat and frog marched down the back steps and firmly placed on the ground. It was an invisible agent that did that. I stayed there for a few minutes, and, as nothing was happening, I went back inside. Soon after, one of the group noticed I had been scrawling something madly over a newspaper. She asked me what I was doing. I had no idea. I was not even aware my hand was moving.
  • I ended up writing pages and pages of a strange script -at least my hand did. My ability to do that lasted for about 4 years. Never did make any sense of it.
  • I was also manifesting other psi phenomena with no control at all, and often no awareness. It was not a pleasant time. In fact, it was deeply troubling, and members of the group were not happy. So I left. I then entered a disturbing period of wild psi phenomena and ended up hooked up with more people into ET and UFOs. I got away from them as soon as I discovered that was what they were into.
  • I remained deeply sceptical of claims about contacting ET. I knew something was going on with me but I did not like that so many people said they knew what it was and I had to believe them. I had learned to doubt interpretations – especially neat ones that do little more than confirm delusions. I came across a lot of people I had a deep sense were dead wrong about what they believed.
  • That wild psi period lasted for around 5 years. I came out that period wrecked and traumatised, and it has taken me decades to recover. I am not going to detail what happened during that period.
  • For a bunch of reasons, I now know I was abducted as a child – and probably into adulthood.
  • I am very much in tune with Whitley Strieber’s view that there’s more to ET than most suppose.
It is evident that people have very different experiences of abduction and encounters with ET. Mine were not so much negative as intense to the point of trauma. I was deeply worried for my sanity – and for good reason. I came close to cracking several times. I think maybe I was so stupid I needed to be shaken up seriously.

I don’t have a theory of ET. I was struck by an account in Abduction when a woman (during an abduction experience) described her disappointment at being led into a room that looked completely terrestrial. ET was surprised. They understood she wanted to ‘conference’, so they created a conference room. That means ET is operating in a very plastic domain that can be adapted at will. That suggests to me that so much is metaphysical and analogical. I have other reasons for thinking that too.

I read the theories and none seem to me to sufficient – no more than partial glimpses at best. I don’t have problems with things moving from the metaphysical to the physical. It happens all the time – though we do it in clunky laborious ways. But we haven’t mastering moving the other way – and that is what wrecks our capacity to imagine and to theorise.

What is real is more astonishing than we can imagine most of the time – so I don’t see any point in making theories. I prefer to try to allow myself to imagine what is – and allow that it will mostly transcend my rationality.
Wow - thanks for sharing all that! I think I might have gone mad if even half of that had happened to me! Congratulations for having survived it all. Do you still have any ψ-related experiences?

David

Thanks Again
I have found it a bit dangerous to put my head above the parapet, and for good reason really as even the "believers" seem to put a bit
of distance when you start being honest. My experiences were pretty trivial, though even the small stuff puts you in a different space.
You do need time to get used to living in this space, like you would when moving to a new country.
I don't want to push you against your will, but posting here under an assumed name, is a pretty safe place to tell all - in fact it is those people like myself that have very little to report that are the outsiders!

David

You made an extraordinary claim and refuse to provide any information that could verify it. How is that not relevant to our discussion?

One of the definitions of epistemology is: the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion. You may very well have the experience you claim to have but if you truly want to live up to your moniker you will admit to understanding reasonable skepticism on the part of everyone who asks you for proof that you refuse to provide.

This is just amateurish bullshit. I've explained why the mission of the intelligence services is not compatible with your unsubstantiated assertion twice now, and even given you a CIA reference - and you continue to ignore me on anything of substance, and dwell in the ignoratio elenchi and rhetorical.

You are not expressing the discipline of skepticism at all; rather you are attempting to enforce the aphronêsis of cynicism. Skepticism is - 'going and looking for yourself'. 'You' and 'everyone' are not peers, nor does 'everyone' think like you - do not attempt that ad populum appeal. These are the arrogations characteristic of a teenager.

This is not opinion - rather a reasoned, supported null conjecture. You cannot enforce your alternative on it by default. Being an SCI/Black professional is sufficient, but not necessary epistemology for this conjecture. I've explained this to you three times now - but you only listen to what you want to hear, and not to a word I have said. Doing your own research of data/info available inside the public domain is both sufficient and necessary epistemology for the conjecture. But you want someone to do the work for you and bring you proof on a silver platter. That is not skepticism - it is doltish and Pollyanna. Me regurgitating 30 years of work cannot be done here in a forum; nor should it. You should know this already.

I am not launching into details of my professional intelligence career nor compartment domains for you, so stop asking.

This childish game of 'bring me proof now, bring me proof now'... is at its end. Either converse with me like an adult, and with an understanding of how syllogism and critical path work, or you will be placed on 'ignore'.

Last edited:
The fact that we have built a bubble of very substantial conceits that blinds use to things happen around us matters not at all to agents who interact with our domain.

Thank you for the recount and reflections Michael. A key statement here for me - the core of my research over the last 14 years (and more in reality) - is identifying this 'substantial conceit'. It is our core problem as mankind.

I don't want to push you against your will, but posting here under an assumed name, is a pretty safe place to tell all - in fact it is those people like myself that have very little to report that are the outsiders!

David
Thanks David
I will certainly tell my story, though as I said it doesnt really mean much to anybody except myself.
Perhaps the best time would be when its more relevant to the talk or interview, otherwise it has no
real context.I think the most interesting part of it is the drive for more relevant knowledge that it seems to
have compelled in me.

Regarding ufology and its intersect with intelligence services, two things stick out to me that I've heard over years from the more discerning and less sensationalist researchers.

1) Ufologists don't need disinformation; they are perfectly capable of disinforming themselves.
2) While events of high stangeness undoubtedly occur, it is clear that much of the public discourse since the 50s has been laced with half truths and outright fabrications for the purposes of watching where information flows for more terrestrial concerns. Richard Dolan and Greg Bishops' books are helpful in this regard, not because I think they necessarily know what is going on specifically, but rather help with a piecing together of the mechanism of action at play to subsume, obfuscate, direct, and weaponize the subject for vested interests.

I think with a subject like this where the information is so tainted by decades of useful idiots, messianic egos, cultists, culture jammers, pranksters, three letter agencies and earnest dupes, that anything outside of direct, personal experience (which itself should be questioned) should be consumed with handfuls of salt.

Last edited:
Thanks David
I will certainly tell my story, though as I said it doesnt really mean much to anybody except myself.
Perhaps the best time would be when its more relevant to the talk or interview, otherwise it has no
real context.I think the most interesting part of it is the drive for more relevant knowledge that it seems to
have compelled in me.
Thanks, I am sure it will have interest, but if you start a new thread, people can discuss your experience - and maybe add their own - without it getting mixed up with the general discussion.

David

I listened to a great Richard Dolan podcast called “Good ET vs Bad ET”, which looked at the broad range of experiences considering that many consider the experiences positive and many consider their experiences negative. He then went on to ponder, “are ET multiple (or singular) entities with different agendas? Or are they multiple (or singular) entities with similar agendas?”

And this got me thinking and I realized something which may or may not be an important point. If they are (collectively) practicing different agendas, they are AT LEAST complicit together in withholding absolute proof from the mainstream. At least this SEEMS to be the case from my vantage point. And we see this same sort of thing throughout all fields of paranormal study. What does this mean? Does is it mean anything? I’m thinking it certainly does mean something, but I’m not sure what.

Considering how vulnerable we are too their technology and seemingly spiritual powers, I sincerely hope that there is a policy of some sort in place (on their end) which states that they must operate discretely and not overly interfere too much. This seems to be the case, and I hope it is. Because what if they decided they wanted to kill us? If they exist, and they are powerful (they are) then we have to AT LEAST CONSIDER that one, some, or all of them could turn on us.

I do not think that will happen, and I also believe they interfere minimally for a reason or rule of some sort. Also, they’ve never shown any serious hostility. And some, actually seem very nice and caring. SEEM.

But again, conscious beings often turn on conscious beings. Plenty of that has been witnessed on this planet. Do similar things occur inter-dimensionally with other beings?

At a minimum, the fact that we seem to be at their mercy is at least a little unsettling. And I wouldn’t blame anybody for being very unsettled.

They can take you from your house and do whatever they want. And nobody can stop them.

Last edited:
Thanks Again

I have to admit that talking about my acquired disability has made me less concerned about how people react. Its my story. If folk don't like it that's their business. But I admit the USA is a touchier place than Oz. I can handle idiot materialists and religious - not that I encounter too many.

I also remember that compared to many my experiences are also pretty trivial. We get what we need I guess. Sometimes I think the trivial are just more subtle and are harder to deal with in terms of coming to a resolution - just enough to hook you and never enough to satisfy. They can be about expanding awareness through intentional acts rather than some experiential and grenade blowing your head apart.

You can keep your head down and learn a lot - because you are trying to integrate what you have experienced into some sense of normal. But you can also keep your head down and hide from challenges. Its a choice we have open to us.

Thank you for the recount and reflections Michael. A key statement here for me - the core of my research over the last 14 years (and more in reality) - is identifying this 'substantial conceit'. It is our core problem as mankind.

Its really a problem for our culture. Look at lovely little books like John Broomfield's Other Ways of Knowing. What the west has created is a kind of rationalistic theology that has materialism, rather than the metaphysical, as a base. If we track the evolution of the cultural stream see as the root of our culture, there's a steady movement out of nature. The city becomes the epitome of reason (linked to astro-mythology) and one sacred nature becomes the wild chaos beyond the city walls. Eliade has some useful thoughts on this theme. Civilisation is, in effect, citification, and with that, nature is debased - and so too are the animistic ways of knowing that accommodated a rich presence of spirits.

That bubble of conceit has fused Christian historicism with materialistic science to create a weird synthesis expressed as 'ancient history'. Contra that is Michael Cremo's Human Devolution, and the compelling arguments that human history is nothing like the standard narrative. Outside the Bubble thinking embraces ET with no problems. It accepts magic and psi and so on. Dean Radin is looking in the right direction. The bubble of conceit has depleted our psychic landscape like an intellectual Agent Orange. We now have to repopulate that landscape through acts of remediation. I think that's where we are now. But our tools are rational and scientific - and that's the change. We are bringing a new mentality to an old landscape. Its remediation and evolution fused into a single impetus.

In a sense ET/UFO stuff is a metaphor that can be read by materialistically conditioned minds. Look at some the 19th century (and earlier) reports. What appears to us in material form is still fundamentally metaphoric. This is what Strieber is pointing to.

Its really a problem for our culture. Look at lovely little books like John Broomfield's Other Ways of Knowing. What the west has created is a kind of rationalistic theology that has materialism, rather than the metaphysical, as a base. If we track the evolution of the cultural stream see as the root of our culture, there's a steady movement out of nature. The city becomes the epitome of reason (linked to astro-mythology) and one sacred nature becomes the wild chaos beyond the city walls. Eliade has some useful thoughts on this theme. Civilisation is, in effect, citification, and with that, nature is debased - and so too are the animistic ways of knowing that accommodated a rich presence of spirits.

That bubble of conceit has fused Christian historicism with materialistic science to create a weird synthesis expressed as 'ancient history'. Contra that is Michael Cremo's Human Devolution, and the compelling arguments that human history is nothing like the standard narrative. Outside the Bubble thinking embraces ET with no problems. It accepts magic and psi and so on. Dean Radin is looking in the right direction. The bubble of conceit has depleted our psychic landscape like an intellectual Agent Orange. We now have to repopulate that landscape through acts of remediation. I think that's where we are now. But our tools are rational and scientific - and that's the change. We are bringing a new mentality to an old landscape. Its remediation and evolution fused into a single impetus.

In a sense ET/UFO stuff is a metaphor that can be read by materialistically conditioned minds. Look at some the 19th century (and earlier) reports. What appears to us in material form is still fundamentally metaphoric. This is what Strieber is pointing to.

In a sense, my work Of Pretend Sleep and Authentic Dreams (Ethical Skepticism and the future of Science) is being developed as a liaison between this mindset and the metaphysical reality you cite which surrounds it. Instead of pretending that I know the answers which reside therein, I am rather - coaxing those who might be unduly swayed by this fake form of conditioning (citification) - those who realize that they must discipline their philosophy first before they pretend to seek answers.

The work we face is about focusing on probative critical path, over reliable ignoratio elenchi. The latter can be developed but tends to oversimplify the playingfield and a priori constrain outcomes - but the former is a valued treasure. One should seek it, nurture it, and work to increase its reliability as science. That is what a scientist does. Not this methodical cynicism conceit which rules our academia today.

Last edited:
...The fact that we have built a bubble of very substantial conceits that blinds use to things happen around us matters not at all to agents who interact with our domain.

We are then ones who have come up with the idea that our material reality is discrete and bounded. In fact it is porous and the boundary is quite fuzzy. But it is also true that organic entities have evolved to deal with a physical reality predominantly - so that is where their focus of attention is. Non-organic entities have a different imperative and a different relationship to material reality.
nice... highlighting for my own benefit :)

Back