Lots going on in the brain even when it appears dead

Well I'm up for the endogenous field theory, it just needs more research.

Though since what a field actually is remains mysterious I'm not sure what exactly would mean to attribute consciousness to field effects...
Fields are just ways of understanding... and this understanding gives us rules we can use to understand other things... one thing fields do is interact... these understandings don't tell us about the true nature of reality, just what we can say about it.

You said...

"Another fact to bear in mind, is that NDE's typically continue getting grander until the heart is started again - they don't fade out the further in you go."

You were stating it as a fact - an observation... it's not.
Well show me an NDE experience that faded into nothing before the return to the physical - I certainly haven't read one like that - and one always has to generalise from a finite number of cases!

David

Well show me an NDE experience that faded into nothing before the return to the physical - I certainly haven't read one like that - and one always has to generalise from a finite number of cases!

David
You know what you said was a fact...

"....NDE's typically continue getting grander until the heart is started again..."

...it's wrong to say that this claim is a fact, we don't yet know what (if any) parts of each recalled NDE correlate with a heart being started again. Also, some NDE/OBE experiences don't even require the heart to be started (simply because it did not stop to our knowledge), this doesn't fit with your claim either.