Mod+ Melba Ketchum - Sasquatch DNA Sequencing on Coast to Coast

The key here is the opinion of the "hair analyst". Who is this? What were the differences? Is there a report?

I am beginning to suspect that indeed "the DNA doesn't lie" ;)
I don't get it. Aren't they just saying that they couldn't identify the species on microscopy, but on DNA analysis, it was human?

Linda

I don't get it. Aren't they just saying that they couldn't identify the species on microscopy, but on DNA analysis, it was human?

Linda

Dr. Melba Ketchum
September 19 at 12:46am ·
******NEWS FLASH**********
There is a new French Documentary that just came out that used our press conference and website (I didn't participate even though they asked) but what is exciting is that the team from Copenhagen tested purported hair from the Orang Pendek. Their hair analyst said the hair was unknown and then the mtDNA sequencing came back ----wait for it----- 100% HUMAN!!!!! I'm vindicated!!!!!!!

That's how I read it. Someone, perhaps in their rush to be vindicated, has made the leap to "not human".

In the interview Melba says there's a little secret out of the way place where people can go observe and communicate with Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and stuff. See, this is just more of the same contradictory trickster type stuff we see in the UFO issue, because I'd bet this place either doesn't exist or is only real for certain people, if that makes sense. I don't deny the existence of unknown human-like creatures out in the woods, because everybody and their grandmothers have encountered them, but as with UFOs it seems more like a paranormal phenomenon. Some things that we associate with the so called afterlife or souls, we're perfectly content espousing that those things don't have to follow our physical laws or logical rules, because they're automatically ascribed a numinous existence, but when it comes to things like Bigfeet and UFOs, where we can ascribe to them "prosaic" explanations (ETs & cryptids, resp.), then they are not paranormal and we look for rational explanations.

I bet nothing comes out of this DNA research. I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but that's just the way things usually go. This stuff always remains elusive.

Maybe we're just not ready for Bigfeet.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/livenews/3168318-8/proof-of-bigfoot-is-in-the-bones-winlock
Posted on May 14, 2015
Is the mystery of Bigfoot’s existence finally solved?

One Centralia College professor said he has discovered scientific evidence that proves the creature’s existence.

He believes the information will be one of the biggest scientific finds of the century.

Mitchel Townsend, a Winlock resident and teacher in the college’s Continuing Education program, said he was walking through the woods near Ryan Lake in East Lewis County when he came across a stack of bones. The find itself was unusual since predators typically disperse remains rather quickly, he said. Upon further inspection, he noticed large human-like teeth imprints in the bones.

“I got to looking at the bones and they had been gnawed on by what looked to me to be giant human teeth,” he said.

After two of his students from Lower Columbia College found two more stacks of bones on the south side of Mount St. Helens, he said it became clear the “kill sites” were similar in a variety of ways. The bone stacking technique is specific to a humanoid and was cited as human behavior, he said.

Again, human-like teeth imprints were notched into the bones.

No predator impressions or tool marks were found on the remains, and after consulting with the Department of Fish and Wildlife, Townsend said, all natural predators in the area were ruled out.

The two additional sites located by his students shed more light on the creature responsible for the activity.

The trio found footprints with a length of 16 inches, he claims. Height, weight and proportion calculations, paired with the length of the stride between steps, conferred the creature had to be about 8 feet, 8 inches tall. Although the footprints looked human, they had a much wider and broader profile and did not have an arch.

“If you add it all up, you have an 8-foot, 8-inch tall creature that is killing animals at different areas of Mount St. Helens with its bare hands, chewing them up, literally skin and bones and all, and spitting them out between its legs,” Townsend said.

The teeth marks in the bone show what Townsend said were impressions of incisors and canines, but 90 percent of the teeth were beyond “the range of human possibility.” As for the mouth size, the bite ratio was calculated at 2 1/2 times wider than that of a person.

The bones also showed dental signatures and different human chewing strategies from ancient caveman, including bone peeling, he said.

“The bottom line is only humans do that because of the shape of our teeth and the shape of our jaw so we have to gnaw on the edge of (the bone),” Townsend said.

A double arch structure also showed the teeth were closely related to the Neanderthals, and the molars left triangular impressions as opposed to circular impressions an ape or chimpanzee would leave, he said.

The evidence is what the professor said was forensic dental evidence and behavioral evidence showing the massive creature is part human. His discovery aims to prove there is in fact a hominin species living in the area of Mount St. Helens that derived from the breeding of Native Americans and a giant ape.

“My theory is it’s not an ape, it’s a hybrid that has been interbreeding with Native Americans for the last 80,000 years,” Townsend said. “That’s why it is so smart and it has human teeth.”

Townsend’s information will be published in a research paper, and he challenges the scientific community to discredit his information. He said the four-year project helped solve the mystery because the focus was based on forensic evidence. The information used was also heavily based on comparison proof from the top scientists in the world.

“The evidence stands on its own, you prove the evidence wrong,” he said, adding that the bones would be made available for examination to any scientist who wanted to examine the remains. “. We’ve put thousands of hours in this. We just want to give this to the world and the scientific community free of charge to add to the scientific body of knowledge.”

Last edited:
http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/livenews/3168318-8/proof-of-bigfoot-is-in-the-bones-winlock
Posted on May 14, 2015
Is the mystery of Bigfoot’s existence finally solved?

One Centralia College professor said he has discovered scientific evidence that proves the creature’s existence.

He believes the information will be one of the biggest scientific finds of the century.

Mitchel Townsend, a Winlock resident and teacher in the college’s Continuing Education program, said he was walking through the woods near Ryan Lake in East Lewis County when he came across a stack of bones. The find itself was unusual since predators typically disperse remains rather quickly, he said. Upon further inspection, he noticed large human-like teeth imprints in the bones.

Yet two months earlier:

http://tdn.com/mobile/article_76b15484-983b-11e3-ab79-001a4bcf887a.html

Centralia College class asks: Is Bigfoot real?
By Christopher Brewer / The Chronicle (Centralia) | Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 5:30 pm

5302b9eced511.preview-300.jpg

Is Bigfoot real?

That’s a question that has perplexed generations of Pacific Northwesterners.

But is there a way to prove Bigfoot’s existence? A continuing community education class at Centralia College in April will explore fact and fiction to help students decide for themselves whether a giant ape-like creature lives in the hollows of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

“We’re going to make this a high-shelf effort in contrast to the hokey-looking efforts you see on TV about Bigfoot,” instructor Mitchell Townsend said Friday.

The course, “CSI Bigfoot: Legend Meets Science,” is based on a book “Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science,” by Jeff Meldrum, a professor of anthropology at Idaho State University. Townsend says the course will be offered over several Saturdays and costs only $5. The class will use Meldrum’s book and other means to factually determine Bigfoot’s purported existence.

“We essentially want to continue (Meldrum’s) work,” Townsend explained.

In addition, Townsend said, a film crew will visit the class and document it for release on television at some point.

The 48-year-old Winlock resident calls himself a lifelong hiker and outdoorsman. He already teaches a Continuing Education course on Facebook at the college. He has also studied several science-related fields at several universities in the West Coast, and he possesses a master’s degree in organizational leadership.

Centralia College officials say Townsend has proven himself as an instructor, and they’re excited to see what the class has to offer. Kari Jorgensen at the college’s Continuing Education department says there has been a high level of interest in the class — and registration doesn’t even open until Thursday.

“He’s very focused on providing lots of information, and if he doesn’t have an answer for you on a topic, he’ll either find it or help you find it,” Jorgensen said. “Taking that knowledge and putting it together for the community offers such a tremendous opportunity.”

Townsend says the college provides the best learning environment for studying Bigfoot, noting the course is based on scientific analysis.

“There is such an intense public interest in this topic, and Chehalis is right on the edge of Bigfoot Country, so it’s perfect,” Townsend said. “A lot of what is shown on TV is insulting to reputable efforts that scientists are involved in. … I wanted to offer a course to bring together all the information and evidence.”

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...file,pdf&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AOLzbmAVbvcVkIM
Using Biotic Taphonomy Signature Analysis and Neoichnology Profiling to determine the identity of the carnivore taxa responsible for the deposition and mechanical mastication of three independent prey bone assemblages in the Mount St. Helen’s ecosystem of the Cascade

mountain range

by

Aaron Mills, Gerald Mills, M. N. Townsend

The totality of the evidence analysis very conclusively proves that a new “Hominin” species with an estimated height of over 8’8”, a 16” foot print and physically capable of striding over two times the distance of contemporary humans is currently living and feeding upon various ungulate (Cervidae) species in the immediate vicinity of Mount St. Helen’s. Furthermore, a cursory examination of the applicable literature related specifically to the ichnofossil track print strongly suggests that there is large amount of additional historical and contemporary geographically situated data and analysis consistent with the assertions, declarations, and conclusions contained within this essay. When taken in totality the information and analysis presented in this paper accurately establishes baseline Forensic Taphonomic and Neoichnologic evidence profiles that are measureable, verifiable, and comparable in the process of definitively identifying and eventually classifying a new “Hominin” species resident to the Mount St. Helen’s ecosystem.

Yet two months earlier:

I'm not really interested in cryptids, but the date of the original article quoted in your post is "Monday, February 17, 2014 5:30 pm" and the one in Jim's article is "May 14, 2015""... That would make it a year and three months. It would have been fishy as hell if they had "answered" the question in only two months.

Last edited:
Back