Mod+ Members Discuss Their Personal Paranormal Experiences

There is only a small rectangular bowl on the table, black and low-lipped. In the bowl are small, perhaps centimeter square pieces of some kind of raw flesh. I am eating a piece, not entirely enjoying the sensation..

Hi FFH.....if you don't mind me saying, this kind of experience can be suggestive of initiation/progress on the "shamanic inner path".

Or perhaps you've just been reading/listening to Joshua Cutchin recently haha ;)

Hi FFH.....if you don't mind me saying, this kind of experience can be suggestive of initiation/progress on the "shamanic inner path".

Or perhaps you've just been reading/listening to Joshua Cutchin recently haha ;)

Unfortunately, my inner shaman is a dunce. I'm a complete mess. :)

I have not been able to post prior because I did not meet the minimum post requirement. Now I have a bit of catch up reading to do... In the meantime I am curios to know what happened in the dream experiment a number of people participated in.

Also, anybody notice the funky posting dates? They are in chronological order up to Feb 23, then on page four, they jumped to May 21, 2015 with Jim Smith and back to Feb 14 with Sciborg. It seems this thread dipped into the twilight zone for a few days.

Ok. I'm a little loathe to confess this to anyone, but I've had a few. Since I'm mostly anonymous here, here goes:

About 14 years ago, my cousin and I were into going to raves. I loved it for the music (especially trance and drum and bass) but I have never done recreational drugs of any kind. My cousin had, but had not in a while at this time. In Park City, Utah, there is an old silver mine that they have turned into a museum. A rave was being held one Saturday at this museum and we were super excited to go. On our way out, my aunt kept asking if we were sure we wanted to go, and kept trying to get us to stay in with her and my uncle. But we were super excited to go so, we went.

Once we got there, I couldn't find my ID. You had to be over 18 to get in. I had it with me just moments before, but then couldn't find it. I tore my car apart and found it underneath the drivers side car mat. Which was kind of odd because this mat was held in place by two hooks, and it makes the mat hard to remove. But, we shrugged it off and headed for the entrance. We went to pay and they told us the cost was more than the cash we had brought with us (higher than the advertised ticket cost). So, my cousin went in to find some friends to give us the extra.

So finally, we're in. We kind of just walk around, checking it out. Its not long before both of us realise that something feels....off. We both felt like we were walking around in a bubble. It was like no one was seeing us. My cousin would have to literally touch her friends to get them to see her.

So, we start checking out some of the photographs that were part if the museum, and some of the exhibits. And the feeling just gets weirder and weirder until we both decided we should leave.

So, we were walking to my car, and this museum is kind of up in the mountains, and it was a beautiful night-warm, clear sky-and I look up at the tree lines to the sky and up at the stars and kind of "open myself up"so to speak to the beauty of my surroundings.

Then suddenly, my vision goes black and I'm am literally overwhelmed, physically and emotionally, by sadness, depression, devastation, fear, sorrow, every emotion connoting sadness and loss that you can think of. And I was getting flashes of faces in my mind of people in clothing of the time period the mine was functioning. I start falling to my knees. I hear my cousin. Ask if I'm ok and all I can get out is a whimper. So she grabs me and tells me, we need to get out of here, now. Her saying this brings me to enough to stagger to my car.

The whole way home, I refuse to look in my rear view mirror, and my cousin keeps turning around. So I asked her if she is seeing something, and she says no, but she feels like something is there.

We finally make it back to my aunt's house, and she is already up waiting for us. She says she knew we were on our way and that we would need her.

She was doing reiki and theta healing at the time so commences doing this for me. As she's doing it, I feel a sort of pulsing between us. She then asks me if I feel the pulsing energy between us. I am calm by this time but am left with confusion as to what the hell just happened. She told us she had had a bad feeling about that night and didn't want us to go. My cousin and I agreed that it seemed like something kept trying to stop us from going inside. Maybe they were just coincidences, maybe not. I'm not sure.

Some background here: my aunt is now, supposedly a full fledged medium. She does readings all the time now and also helps "clear" houses and such.
My cousin who was there with me started seeing apparitions in her early teens. I think she still does, but has better control over it.

I'm not sure if I believe them. I want to because they are my family and I see no reason for them to lie. Especially my cousin since her "ability" has been more of a curse than anything to her. But I also don't want to blind myself to what is or isn't true because I have an emotional tie to them.

There was more to this, and it doesn't translate well to a forum post. But to avoid an even longer wall of text, I've given the main points.

I still have no idea what that was that night.

I have a few others and will post later.

Hi Vault
I can relate to your experience. I had a couple of instances where I was overcome with a sudden sense of terror, walking in an unfamiliar place. I don't usually see things, and didn't in these instances either. The first incident was in the vicinity of a natural disaster that happened years earlier, the second one I have no data on.
I did read in a book years later that sometimes psychic imprints or echos are left behind in cases of war or other traumatic incidents and remain locked in that location. I heard of people who claim they can clear areas of such imprints. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but it does indicate that this is not such an uncommon phenomenon.

Some ten years ago a local bookstore put me on to this whole enlightenment movement. I went to a few satsangs, was intrigued, but something told me that things were not as they appeared.

I then had the idea so sit in mediation with the organizer of these events, a guy who just started out to ‘teach’. I thought I could get to the truth much quicker with a newbie than an experienced teacher. At this point I should probably mention that I am an empath and absorb the energies around me, especially from other people. As a result I quickly reached a deep state of mediation and had a number of experiences that were out of my frame of experience.

In the first meditation I found myself entering a black hole. I had the basic idea of what they were, but did not understand much more besides that. Just that one would be stuck at the event horizon for eternity and slowly be ripped apart and that there was no chance for survival. Or so the current theory tells us.

But here I was gullibly following where I was led. Not by the teacher as it later turned out, because he freaked out listening to me sharing my experience as it unfolded. I entered the black hole, which shall we say was a bit a bumpy ride. Along with me I noticed matter coming through such as furniture and other items. Everything was ripped apart, except the experience of ‘I’. The wormholes depicted in Star Trek shows would give a good visual representation. A tunnel leading to a different space in the galaxy, with the difference that all matter was shredded to pieces.

I came out on the other end, along with me some left over furniture pieces. There was an aura of calm and purification. The meditation just ended with the thought: ‘huh, so that is what a black hole is, some sort of a cleansing mechanism.’ The experience however, felt far more real than my everyday waking life.

I have done some research since and have come across a couple of theories where physicist believe data survives a black hole and one who even theorizes that what a black hole is on one side is a white hole on the other. A big bang so to speak and the start of a new universe. This would absolutely explain my meditation, but where this information came from I can’t even begin to guess.

Hi folks:

I love this thread. I noticed a comment by someone who said they never had any unusual experience connected to electronics. I’d recommend, for anyone interested, keeping a synchronicity diary. I did this as part of a lucid dream induction experiment many years ago, working with 12 people over the course of 6 months (they all quickly learned to have lucid dreams, regularly, by the way). During the week we experimented with the diary, many began to notice subtle connections they previously hadn’t been aware of. Quite a few of these connections led to more “paranormal” experiences – precognitive, remote viewing, and telepathic (nobody had any psychokinetic experiences, to the best of my knowledge!).

This fits in very well with Jim Carpenter’s “First Sight” theory, which basically is that psi is functioning all the time, and we wouldn’t even have any sensory perceptions without it, but it mostly goes on underneath our awareness. I’m struck by this often in more emotionally intense interactions, particularly in psychotherapy situations with someone going through a lot of emotional stress. I often get images or ideas that they express later. If I were not paying close attention, I might have missed these ideas/images and not recognized the paranormal phenomenon.

I’ve had many much more obvious psi type experiences, but I just wanted to mention this, as it opens the flood gates to psi. Thanks for an interesting conversation.

In another thread I discussed my experience with spoon bending:
During the exercise one cultivates a relaxed and joyful state of consciousness. As I was holding a fork, I felt it become pliable, I bent it with little force, then at some point it stopped being pliable. I saw others who preferred to apply no force. They would hold a spoon by the handle with one hand with the bowl pointing upwards and wait for it to bend on its own. Others using light force bent the bowl of the spoon.

I was happy to have had the experience. I repeated the process again a few times at later dates to confirm the experience.

In watching others, I noticed that when they saw one person bend a spoon, then many people became able to do it as well. Belief about the possibility affected the ability.

Some Skeptical Questions
Why isn’t this scientifically verified? The facilitator/instructor for the program was involved with extensive experiments at the PEAR lab. One can find a number of accounts of researchers investigating the topic.
If someone has PK, why aren’t they rich? The facilitator was a multi-millionaire, but that’s not his main interest.
If there is “mind over matter” isn’t there something more useful than bending spoons? Yes, many are interested in use of PK for healing. The simple experience of spoon bending can convince one of larger possibilities.
What about fraud? You supply the utensils, you do the bending.

Paradigm Implications
The causal factor here is the state of mind and the intention. Replication depends on achieving the state of mind. Negative beliefs will not produce results.

Current western science is tied to materialistic views so that assessment of an inner state is likely to be approached via FMR. For example, eeg does not detect lucid dreaming so scientists attempt to use FMR. A more productive approach would be for scientists to develop these abilities themselves.

I have done some research since and have come across a couple of theories where physicist believe data survives a black hole and one who even theorizes that what a black hole is on one side is a white hole on the other. A big bang so to speak and the start of a new universe. This would absolutely explain my meditation, but where this information came from I can’t even begin to guess.

Hi Nicole, fascinating post about your experience, thanks for sharing :)

I couldn't resist posting up this link I've already posted, you may well enjoy it...

Not sure what your views are on psychedelics / DMT, but this is an experience based on that (5meo-DMT).

I placed another one beneath that if you prefer more "spiritual" videos, but it doesn't relate quite as directly to your experience description wise, but still, watched it a few days ago and it mentions if I recall correctly about experiences in the "black hole" of the heart chambers. It's a sufi video!

Cheers:

Hi Nicole, fascinating post about your experience, thanks for sharing :)

I couldn't resist posting up this link I've already posted, you may well enjoy it...

Not sure what your views are on psychedelics / DMT, but this is an experience based on that (5meo-DMT).

I placed another one beneath that if you prefer more "spiritual" videos, but it doesn't relate quite as directly to your experience description wise, but still, watched it a few days ago and it mentions if I recall correctly about experiences in the "black hole" of the heart chambers. It's a sufi video!

Cheers:

Thanks for the videos, manijt. No, I have no experience using drugs, but find it fascinating to listen to people who had spiritual openings using them. It seems then that the ‘black hole’ experience is not just a by-product of watching too many documentaries about the universe on my part, but maybe something more fundamental such as a gateway one chooses to go through? I quite enjoyed Llewellyn’s descriptions of some of the darker experiences/struggles on the spiritual path. I can relate.

Gordon White’s podcast on non-human logic also resonates deeply here. His description of that logic is the best verbalization I have found of the intelligence I keep encountering in such meditations.

It seems then that the ‘black hole’ experience is not just a by-product of watching too many documentaries about the universe on my part, but maybe something more fundamental such as a gateway one chooses to go through?

Good question!

Another online forum (different one) friend of mine once mentioned a "black hole" type experience to me, this time related to psilocybin use. I've also heard it mentioned a few times here and there, often related to psychedelic use.

I've not myself really had an experience I would intuitively describe as a "black hole", but I can see perhaps how "voids" or dark "vortexes" (which are considered "fundamental gateways" in some schools of mystical practices) could be described in such a way. That's the problem with language when it comes to these things, who really knows what anyone else is referring to! I became acutely aware of this when for years & years I was obsessed with DMT and Ayahuasca and thought it may be THE "scientific" measurable/observable connection between "kundalini", "spiritual experiences", "NDEs"....then about a year ago I had the opportunity to try it over several days. Well, let's just say the interest dropped instantly, and hasn't returned since :)

PS - sorry, which particular Gordon White interview are you referring to? I've heard about a dozen, but I have a terrible memory for podcast discussions, I treat them more as entertainment than serious! Cheers. - edit: Got it, the THC podcast!

Last edited:
Just realized I had a pre-cog or psychic dream a couple of months ago...

I dreamed that my dad had a heart attack... don't recall any specifics about the dream now, but that day I told my wife (fiancee at the time) about it and said it was probably nothing but made me feel worried about him - I've had enough psychic dreams to know there can sometimes be truth to them. Shortly thereafter we had dinner plans with my parents, but they cancelled because my dad had a stomach virus and wasn't feeling well. I'm always half-seriously telling my wife that something is "psychic", and I said, "well, maybe my dream was psychic, but got the heart attack part wrong... it was just a stomach virus instead."

...now a couple months later, my Dad was still not feeling well, having Asthma and other symptoms, and after they cancelled dinner plans on us again, my mom finally nagged him into going to a doctor to get checked out... turns out he had a "cardiac event" (minor heart attack) back when he first got sick... so my dream was right and Dad's self-diagnosis was wrong.

It isn't too crazy that I would dream about Dad having a heart attack since he had quadruple bypass heart surgery when I was 13 and his heart health has been a concern my whole life (his dad died of a heart attack just before I was born). But the fact that I remembered the dream at all (rarely do these days) and the timing of the dream and the severity of feelings I had when I awoke from the dream were significant enough I think I can say it was a pre-cog dream. My dad says he's feeling much better now (although who knows because he's never honest about his health! Doesn't want anyone to worry!).

Well, here goes.

I honestly don’t know if this one counts as “paranormal”, but my friend and I had watched this video called “if pokemon’s Names were the sound they made”. Now, if you’ve never seen it, there’s a part where the guy just does Kiricketune’s sound, which is just “delelelele—booooop”

One day at school we’re just minding our own business, eating lunch next to each other and without a word of warning we turned to each other and went “delelele—booooop” at the exact same time. It was really weird.

Another odd instance I can recall was a few months ago. My grandfather had passed, and I said to a friend that I wish he could send a sign. That night when my dad and I were going to pick up my mom at the airport, a white rabbit was near a Bush we drove by. They aren’t common in central Florida unless they’re a pet, and when I looked it up a white rabbit means “hope to meet again.”

Fast forward maybe a month or two and I’m in the process of a panic attack. My dad suggests we go for a walk. Sure enough, I see the white rabbit again. So far, I’ve only seen it when I’ve asked for a sign or am in severe emotional distress. Make of it what you will.

Back