Mod+ Military remote viewing and the reality of angels

Ed came off pretty badly in Paul Smith's book, Reading the Enemy's Mind. Here are some of the of the damaging things Smith wrote about him (emphasis mine):

From my own experience, remote viewers can and sometimes do inadvertently learn things from their monitors that contribute to session results. This effect varies from monitor to monitor. Inexperienced or careless monitors often unintentionally give away far too much through their verbal and nonverbal communications with the viewer.

In the years after we had completed our training, our erstwhile colleague Ed Dames became particularly notorious among the Fort Meade viewers for doing this on purpose. Along with our struggle to acquire the signal line, we often found ourselves struggling against Ed and his eagerness to let too much of the cat out of the bag. This was a problem even when Ed didn't know what the target was. His eager nature often led him to draw some conclusions early in the session, then try to influence the viewer's responses as the session progressed. We soon wised up to his bad habits, but it could be frustrating to have to struggle to acquire the signal line while simultaneously fending off Ed's attempts to be helpful. Some of the viewers worked with him only reluctantly, and a couple refused him as a monitor. (pg 190)

The glow of success didn't last long. Ingo began the training the very next day by chewing out Ed Dames for "intellectualizing and philosophizing about the cosmic implications" involved in the phenomenon underlying remote viewing. Ed had been engaged in his usual seemingly compulsive ruminations about the universe, including references to UFOs and extraterrestrials, this time dragging CRV into it. He must have commented one too many times to Ingo about these theories, and our mentor had had enough.

Ingo fumed that all this speculation was messing up Ed's remote viewing performance, and that Ed had better knock it off if he wanted to keep training at SRI. Chastened, Ed went into the grey room and managed to pull off a decent Stage 2 session. (pg 229)

When we weren't hanging around with Ingo, we often sought each other out of an evening, swapping stories and conjectures about the universe and the odd things we were coming to discover about it. Ed Dames was always good for entertainment. He usually could be counted on for some frightening prognostication about the near future. One evening towards the end of May 1984, Ed and I ended up in Bill Ray's room in the Hotel San Carlos, where we had moved for a week when the Bedford had been booked up. Ed went on at length in the most convincing tone about UFOs and what they portended for the pending End of the World, which he was sure was imminent. Just as before, when he and I were together on the bus headed to the Monroe Institute, Ed implied without ever really saying it that he had inside knowledge of what the government wasn't divulging about UFOs and extraterrestrials. He was fond of using innuendo to inflate others' impressions of his access to insider information. (pg 213)

About Dames's student, Courtney Brown, Smith wrote:

Courtney Brown's first appearance on Art Bell caused quite a stir. He talked about remote viewing Mars and finding Martians living in the underground caverns in the Red Planet -- but not just there. According to Brown, the Martians had founded a colony under the Santa Fe Baldy, a mountain near Santa Fe, New Mexico. Supposedly fleeing the hostile environment of Mars, the Martians were trying to figure out how to move to Earth en masse. They weren't hostile, just desperate. (pg 459)

Brown occasionally sent out stilted proclamations or impassioned calls-to-arms to the president or, as some of my friends reported, to the Defense Intelligence Agency, trying to rouse government action to cope with imminent catastrophe or alien visitations. None of the predicted doom materialized. Meanwhile, Prudence Calabrese abandoned Courtney Brown's ship, taking blame in a manifesto posted on the Internet for "allowing" herself to be misled, and placing the lion's share of fault on Brown's alledged lack of intellectual honesty.

Exploiting the discomfiture of his competitor, Ed Dames appeared for the fifth time on the Art Bell show on January 30, 1997. Ed crowed that he had known all along that Courtney Brown's attempts at remote viewing would come to a bad end because he, Ed, had remote viewed the debacle beforehand. Brown should have known that the whole comet "companion" business was a hoax. What there was instead, Ed claimed, was a large cylinder full of "plant pathogens" being delivered by the comet. These biological agents would destroy the majority of plant life on earth -- and hence the lives of eighty percent of earthlings. If folks wanted proof, they could buy Ed's newly recorded set of videotapes for home instruction in remote viewing, and they, too, could see what he saw in the future. (pg 460)

Doug

Having listened to Dames several times on C2C I always got the impression that he was a fruitcake :D

Did anyone check if his predictions for 2014 failed as most of his previous ones?
It seems that his tactic his to keep foretelling disasters after disasters in the hope that if one of those comes to pass, he might get a chance to go on radio and say "Told you so..."

Last edited:
K9, I am very fascinated with the stargate program and from what I have researched so far it seems like it the results were pretty good . I always suspected that the reason they officially stopped it was because they wanted to "to take it underground " so to speak . They did officially stop it dint they ?
http://www.irva.org/remote-viewing/history.html

In 1995, an act of Congress transferred responsibility for the Star Gate program from DIA back to CIA. That fall, the CIA declassified portions of the program and released a controversial research report purporting to show that remote viewing was not useful as an intelligence collection tool. By the time this document was released, the CIA had already terminated the remote viewing program.

In the years since the 1995 closure of the government program, a number of persons previously associated with it have gone public by publishing books, giving media interviews, and/or offering training commercially in remote viewing methodology.

Back