My Mistake : the German's Study was a hoax ! Sorry.

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by loka, Oct 18, 2014.

1. loka

loka New

Read !

German Scientists Prove There is Life After Death
    Berlin| A team of psychologists and medical doctors associated with the Technische Universität of Berlin, have announced this morning that they had proven by clinical experimentation, the existence of some form of life after death. This astonishing announcement is based on the conclusions of a study using a new type of medically supervised near-death experiences, that allow patients to be clinically dead for almost 20 minutes before being brought back to life.

This controversial process that was repeated on 944 volunteers over that last four years, necessitates a complex mixture of drugs including epinephrine and dimethyltryptamine, destined to allow the body to survive the state of clinical death and the reanimation process without damage. The body of the subject was then put into a temporary comatic state induced by a mixture of other drugs which had to be filtered by ozone from his blood during the reanimation process 18 minutes later.

- See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ger...ere-is-life-after-death/#sthash.3GkfWPtD.dpuf
    http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/

2. Psiclops

Psiclops Member

Hoax....
    http://wafflesatnoon.com/scientists-prove-life-after-death/
    Apart from this World News site being full of spoofs, it's always advisable Ioka to Google the name of claimed researchers and as in this case, you'll find the only reference to them is in the hoax story!
    Sadly - back to the drawing board.....

3. Saiko

Saiko Member

[​IMG] Hopefully you're just having fun and are well-aware (heh) that worldnewsdailyreport is like The Onion.

OTOH such a study could be done. Some doctors have been bringing back patients who were clinically dead for more than an hour. Of course since there is no single standard of clinically dead the results in such a study will always be questioned

All that said, I continue to be amused and bemused by those who crave physical proof of what is greater and more fundamental than the physical.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    DISCLAIMER
    World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disclaimer/

5. loka

loka New

I'm sorry. I have edited the title of this Tread. Sorry.

6. Pollux

Pollux New

It sounds almost like they took the script right out of the movie Flatliners.for this story. Perhaps the concept is doable, but the risks are just way to high. Hundreds if things can go wrong - and probably would.

7. No worries Ioka. Lots of bad info out there - sadly that's part of the problem.

Ideally we'll see some centralizing of paranormal research in the next year, so the diamonds in the rough can stand out.

8. Saiko

Saiko Member

That's okay. But it wasn't a hoax.

A hoax would be something that's being passed off as being an actual study. As I and others have made clear, WWNR is a satirical publication. Like The Onion. So there was no attempt to pretend there was really such a study.

Such a study is doable - in an altered way By my standards, the risks are or will soon be,well within acceptable levels. Sam Parnia has written about ways that people are being resuscitated hours after being declared clinically dead.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014