Naturalism has failed, so naturalists resort to legislation.

Yup. Agnosticism is where all the cool kids are.

Agnostic on materialism?! I'd like to consider myself a cool kid too, but my one hundred percent certainty that materialism is false probably means I'm out of the club? Materialism is so absurd. Let's get real here. You don't have to be open to the interpretations of fools to be cool. That's totally not cool.

Who wants to fight me?

What is the point of searching, or trying to learn, if you take option #2: refusing to know?

I'd agree with you, but I think it's fine if people simply want to believe so long as that belief isn't being pushed on to others.

I suspect most people also stop investigating when they hit a convenient point, which is the nihilist complaint against the varied materialist evangelical groups hiding under the banner of skepticism.

Agnostic on materialism?! I'd like to consider myself a cool kid too, but my one hundred percent certainty that materialism is false probably means I'm out of the club? Materialism is so absurd. Let's get real here. You don't have to be open to the interpretations of fools to be cool. That's totally not cool.

Who wants to fight me?

Meet ya after school in the park. Bring your mum--you'll be needing some help.;)

I'd agree with you, but I think it's fine if people simply want to believe so long as that belief isn't being pushed on to others.

I suspect most people also stop investigating when they hit a convenient point, which is the nihilist complaint against the varied materialist evangelical groups hiding under the banner of skepticism.

No, don't get me wrong. I LOVE materialism. Like I've said, it's an ego booster. I hope it sticks around forever. Materialism provides an opportunity for dumb little me to laugh at the complete stupidity of some of our brightest scholars. I feel like a time traveler visiting the distance past of credulous primitives. And they think they are rational! It's so cute! Oh, how they please me so.

No, don't get me wrong. I LOVE materialism. Like I've said, it's an ego booster. I hope it sticks around forever. Materialism provides an opportunity for dumb little me to laugh at the complete stupidity of some of our brightest scholars. I feel like a time traveler visiting the distance past of credulous primitives. And they think they are rational! It's so cute! Oh, how they please me so.
Nothing to do with the desire for truth or knowledge, then.

So nobody cares about the video I posted then? Fair enough. Sometimes I want to share a good video, but it's not like I'm going to take the effort to start a new thread. I'm not a nerd. Sure, I could have posted it in one of the lonely, rarely visited UFO threads that nobody cares about. That wouldn't be much along the lines of sharing though. Thing is, I wanted to share it with you guys. But I see you can't be bothered with it. Maybe a like or something, but no, you can't even be bothered with that. I may just be a furniture showroom display, but I have feelings too. Jerks.

So nobody cares about the video I posted then? Fair enough. Sometimes I want to share a good video, but it's not like I'm going to take the effort to start a new thread. I'm not a nerd. Sure, I could have posted it in one of the lonely, rarely visited UFO threads that nobody cares about. That wouldn't be much along the lines of sharing though. Thing is, I wanted to share it with you guys. But I see you can't be bothered with it. Maybe a like or something, but no, you can't even be bothered with that. I may just be a furniture showroom display, but I have feelings too. Jerks.

I watched it: I daresay others did, too, and so you have actually shared it. But what's there to say? And why post it on this thread in particular?

I watched it: I daresay others did, too, and so you have actually shared it. But what's there to say? And why post it on this thread in particular?

Any place is as good as any other it seems. I certainly don't care where people trail their messes.

I don't know what there is to say. What would a skeptic say? That she and her kids were actually looking at the planet Venus?

What about angels?

Last edited:
Back