Neil deGrasse Tyson - Surprising Video

So there I am, collecting clips, watching videos as part of my process of creating the next video on my channel, which is under the working title of "Is Atheism Coherent?". Then I saw a video about Neil deGrasse Tyson that actually surprised me and challenged me a bit.

I know Neil has said some pretty whacky things about consciousness and I don't pardon or excuse him for that, I think he has to answer for his weird comments, but in terms of atheism, he's not pro-atheism and he makes some really interesting points that I want to make myself.

What do you think guys? Does this change your view of him?

Neil deGrasse Tyson: Atheist or Agnostic? | Big Think

Edited to add:
I should include a link to Neil's whacky stuff about Consciousness

Last edited:
So there I am, collecting clips, watching videos as part of my process of creating the next video on my channel, which is under the working title of "Is Atheism Coherent?". Then I saw a video about Neil deGrasse Tyson that actually surprised me and challenged me a bit.

I know Neil has said some pretty whacky things about consciousness and I don't pardon or excuse him for that, I think he has to answer for his weird comments, but in terms of atheism, he's not pro-atheism and he makes some really interesting points that I want to make myself.

What do you think guys? Does this change your view of him?

Neil deGrasse Tyson: Atheist or Agnostic? | Big Think

Edited to add:
I should include a link to Neil's whacky stuff about Consciousness
Did you know you can post a Youtube video right here on Skeptiko? Just click the three dots on the top bar above the reply box, and select "Media". Copy and paste the the URL of the video from the top of the page on YouTube where you viewed it, and the job's a good 'un...

Did you know you can post a Youtube video right here on Skeptiko? Just click the three dots on the top bar above the reply box, and select "Media". Copy and paste the the URL of the video from the top of the page on YouTube where you viewed it, and the job's a good 'un...
How does that differ from simply pasting the URL into some text? Does it actually copy the URL contents to Skeptiko - thus preventing it from being censored in the future?

David

How does that differ from simply pasting the URL into some text? Does it actually copy the URL contents to Skeptiko - thus preventing it from being censored in the future?

David
Frankly, I dunno. I can insert a video by simply pasting a URL, true enough, as immediately below:

But if there's no difference with the method I posted, I'm left wondering why they provide two different ways of doing the same thing...