New Book: "Self Doesn't Die"

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by Enrique Vargas, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Enrique Vargas

Enrique Vargas Member

IMG_0771.jpg Great book, I just got it. Highly recommend it, lots of verified NDE's, SDE's, SNDE's, etc. Fascinating....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Bucky

Bucky Member

3. Smithy

Smithy Member

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Enrique! Highly appreciated!
    BTW - a Kindle version is in the making. Will be available probably early next week.

Sciborg_S_Patel, Bucky, tim and 3 others like this.
  4. Enrique Vargas

Enrique Vargas Member

Certainly will get the Kindle version, too, to read it while traveling! I plan to read it more than once, too much information for one read!

Sciborg_S_Patel and tim like this.
  5. Smithy

Smithy Member

We have been informed that the Kindle version will be forwarded to the authors for approval somewhere next week.

BTW: there are already eleven 5-star reviews on Amazon! Some of them pretty thorough.

tim, Sciborg_S_Patel, K9! and 3 others like this.
  6. Lincoln

Lincoln Member

It's a great book Smithy. I will also be buying the Kindle version as well, but I have read a good amount of it. It's very detailed, and also easy to follow. I also like it's one of those books you can open any page and get immersed, great to leave on a coffee table.

7. Smithy

Smithy Member

Thanks! Much appreciated! Smithy

tim and Lincoln like this.
  8. Vortex

Vortex Member

Enrique, I noticed that your name is mentioned in the "Acknowledgements" section of the book, along many other names that are well-known for people here... So, I suppose you somehow assisted the authors and helped to complete the book. Can you tell us more about your participation in this project?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    tim, K9!, Enrique Vargas and 2 others like this.
  9. That's a nice looking book. Might have to get the physical copy to make my comic-book laden bookshelf appear more cultured. :)

tim, K9!, Enrique Vargas and 3 others like this.
  10. Enrique Vargas

Enrique Vargas Member

Lol! No, i haven't contributed in any way that I know of, it's just that Titus and Rudolf are two sweetest human beings on the face of the Earth, and they credit me although I haven't done anything. I didn't even know they had credited me

tim, Sciborg_S_Patel and K9! like this.
  11. Smithy

Smithy Member

You have given us lots of encouragement, Enrique, which made you worth mentioning...:)

tim, Sciborg_S_Patel, K9! and 3 others like this.
  12. Vortex

Vortex Member

Yes, and now your book is encouragement for Enrique, and many others who ispired it - as well as for everyone who is reading it... except for extreme skeptics who will be enraged rather than encouraged.

So, while for now the book have only well-deserved 5-star reviews on Amazon, we can predict that skeptics will soon try to downgrade its perfect rating by posting angry 1-star reviews. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that these people have been inactive as yet. Probably they (secretly) comprehend that they have nothing valid to say against?

tim, Sciborg_S_Patel, Steve and 2 others like this.
  13. Arouet

Arouet Member

The reviews certainly set expectations high.
    Some of the reviews present it as a scientific work. Is that how you would characterize it Smithy?

I'm inclined to pick it up once it is out on ebook.

14. Typoz

Typoz Member

Just 3 stars on Amazon UK.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  15. E.Flowers

E.Flowers New

From a single review, which claimed that the "authors doesn't (sic) challenge their own ideas" and that it is "biased". I'm not sure exactly how they reach that conclusion, since a good part of the book is devoted to discussing opposing arguments. This is is not a Dawkins evangelical piece, which goes out of its way to discard any argument with a hand wave.

tim and Enrique Vargas like this.
  16. Obiwan

Obiwan Member

These types of book often draw reviews from people who either haven't read them or have gone at them with a spanner.

tim and E.Flowers like this.
  17. E.Flowers

E.Flowers New

True. But the user in question, "MB" (Max, is that you?), does appear to have read several books on NDEs, apparitions and reincarnation: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/AXNOKA55AO4QU/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_pdp?ie=UTF8

In his review, he states that it is "ok if you just want to confirm your point of view", which makes me think that he is projecting onto the authors his own disagreement with their POV and conclusions.

18. Arouet

Arouet Member

They discuss limitations and potential weaknesses of their research? That's important to do so good to hear. Apparently Long didn't do it in his book so I'm glad that Smithy appears to have done so.

19. Kamarling

Kamarling Member

Leading the witness, Arouet. ;)

E.Flowers said that they discussed opposing arguments which might be understood differently to saying they examined their own research for potential weaknesses.

Enrique Vargas likes this.
  20. Smithy

Smithy Member

Scientific? It depends... "Scholarly" is a good characterization in any case.
    Will get back to this later: we have to go out.

BTW: the Kindle version will be out very soon!

tim, K9! and malf like this.