Niles Heckman, Modern Shamans Harvesting DMT From Toads |488|

I have probably had around a thousand experiences over a couple of decades with psilocybin, DMT, ayahuasca and mescaline.
Wow - that sounds like a heck of a lot to me!

Maybe you should tell us what you have learned from all those experiences?

Do you ever meet the same alien entity more than once - maybe even using different drugs?

Do you think any of those trips induced something that could be called paranormal?

What proportion of those trips were best described as 'bad'?

David

I wish we could convey the internal experience vs what you're just seeing the external body do.

That is the part which interests me. Similar to Loneshaman, I've done psychedelics hundreds of times and hard chemicals like Heroin, cocaine, and PCP thousands of times.

While I understand that you must include some drug-taking novelty to help the videos sell, I think that angle is becoming old hat. Young Spiritual Seekers today do not consider drug use new, hip, and exciting like the old hippies of Carlos Casteneda's era did. We want data, cost/benefit analysis, and practical applications.

Your video is extremely well-made, but I hope future episodes will include more of that. I would like to see more on the efficacy of Ibogaine for curing drug addiction, and details on the practical methods by which people suffering from illnesses such as depression and anxiety disorders achieved peace by meeting the Gods.

Well at the moment I am just coming back from the Psilocybin experience. I feel like I have just taken a bath, I am so sorry for all the negativity I have caused. I feel so humbled, I am such a idiot sometimes. The truth is really so simple, I am not saying this like I am pretending to be special or significant, I swear you will laugh yourselves silly when the show is over.

This place we think that is so enormous the universe that is, well it is just a speck. Hell it is not even that! Its the entirely wrong way to think about things! It is part of the way we deceive ourselves. We think we are so smart! it is kinda cute.

There is no separation it is all in our minds. That is the big trick. This is the hallucination!

We have been and continue to be so stupid. We are here not to gain anything at all. We are here to let go of the things we think define ourselves. Let go of the hate, let go of the fear. We are here to learn how to lose everything.

In order to lose you have to have "Things" right? It's much deeper than that we have to watch others die and have our hearts broken In this illusion. That is when we are the most humble! That is when we see what really matters! The only thing.

We are here to learn how to die!

I am still coming back to Earth. I swear the truth is so absurd, you will laugh so hard!

The lesson I have learned and am still trying to learn?

It just love folks! That is it. That is the big deep mystery.

Man, I hope this makes sense, my brain is still coming back online.

I had to get this out there while it is fresh, heh. After all these years and doing it over and over . I keep forgetting but getting closer all the time, getting clearer and clearer. You can only bring back pieces. That is just a piece I got this time.

Last edited:
It just a trick of the mind you say!

You really don't no how true that is. It is so adorably humorous!

I am loving you all at the momentl

Ha, I meant "know" not "no". Language software still coming back online. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you should tell us what you have learned from all those experiences?

Hey Dave, Fully functional again so maybe I can speak in better terms, I think I did answer some of those I think. Lol! but it is so hard to put into words. Above all else, it is love. As corny and hippy dippy as it sounds it is the undeniable truth.

We are all looking for something, but the fact is we already have it. It is just obscured with bullshit. When you strip it all away, what remains is the truth. That is what I was talking about with losing everything. It seems we are doing a sort of purification thing, the alchemical great work of transmuting the lead into gold.

Do you ever meet the same alien entity more than once - maybe even using different drugs?

You know this is not so easy to wrap your head around. They are all faces of the one thing. It's like a enormous tree and all of these entities are sprouting out of this one source. It has this crazy impossible geometric structure(s) it is like it is alive and made just of entities. I mean they don't really have a boundary. It's like saying look there is a ripple, but it is just the same water that makes up the entire stream. Or similar in concept to the wave particle duality thing if that makes sense. All reality is just mentality. One mind and many at the same time.

But yes. I have often encountered the same "ripples" time and time again. They are extremely bizarre and always glad to see you. Some seem so far beyond our conception they could definitely be called aliens, angels or even gods if you like. Sometimes it is also just a voice. There was a period were I was doing this once a week. And this voice was narrating the show, and it would just pick right back up from where it left the week before.

It is true that mushrooms feel very alien, Aya has this feminine nature spirit, very motherly and loving. But she can also kick your ass! :) DMT is just bizarre that is where you will be shot into others dimensions filled with entities. The autonomous conscious agents beneath space time. Mushrooms can do that in extremely high doses. It's weird because there is not much difference in these molecules. It is like two atoms that differentiate psilocin from DMT. A single hydroxyl group, (OH).

Do you think any of those trips induced something that could be called paranormal?

Yes, Once I was certain I could hear things several seconds before they occurred, It was like time was displaced. I have also answered my partners questions several times before she had asked them, or I could tell what she was thinking about at certain moments. Like our minds get entangled or something.

Another occasion, after coming down, a electronic toy in my daughters room, (who was away at the time) started going off. So I struggle to my feet in the dark with these geometric patterns still occupying my vision and go into her room to switch it off. As soon as I reach for it, it would stop. So I go back to bed. As soon as I lie back down it starts again. So again I stumble out in the dark, I reach for it and it stops. I swear this living conscious stream was just laughing! I was like yeah ok you got me again. It was playing games. That is the other thing, as well as being so awesome, limitless and loving it is also quite playful and humorous.

Beyond what you might call paranormal, often it seems like it is more likely to just have weird stuff happen in this state.

What proportion of those trips were best described as 'bad'?

Also a tricky question because these bad ones turn out to be very beneficial. But OK I know what you mean. I would say only about 5 to 10% over the entire time. Except if you were to graph it out these would be clustered around the earlier years.

The bad ones are just deeper psychological issues being exposed. It can be very frightening because it really can feel like you are dying or about to lose your mind. If you resist, fear can set in and it then it just spirals out of control. For others repressed trauma can be relived. Also it holds a mirror up to your soul so you can see yourself as you truly are, you see all the things you do wrong and how you treat others. This can be very, very upsetting for some people. The truth is often hard to handle. It is easy to deny the entities but this aspect is undeniable.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, Fully functional again so maybe I can speak in better terms, I think I did answer some of those I think. Lol! but it is so hard to put into words. Above all else, it is love. As corny and hippy dippy as it sounds it is the undeniable truth.
But not everything 'out there' is loving I assume?

I'd really like to get more comfortable with the whole concept that everything is made of love. On the face of it, it is a bit like the statement that the moon is made of green cheese!
We are all looking for something, but the fact is we already have it. It is just obscured with bullshit. When you strip it all away, what remains is the truth. That is what I was talking about with losing everything. It seems we are doing a sort of purification thing, the alchemical great work of transmuting the lead into gold.
I'm not sure I follow that.
You know this is not so easy to wrap your head around. They are all faces of the one thing. It's like a enormous tree and all of these entities are sprouting out of this one source. It has this crazy impossible geometric structure(s) it is like it is alive and made just of entities. I mean they don't really have a boundary.
Would we also be branches in that structure?
It's like saying look there is a ripple, but it is just the same water that makes up the entire stream. Or similar in concept to the wave particle duality thing if that makes sense. All reality is just mentality. One mind and many at the same time.
I mean, how would one set up the Shroedinger wave equation in terms of mentality - if that makes any sense?
But yes. I have often encountered the same "ripples" time and time again. They are extremely bizarre and always glad to see you. Some seem so far beyond our conception they could definitely be called aliens, angels or even gods if you like. Sometimes it is also just a voice. There was a period were I was doing this once a week. And this voice was narrating the show, and it would just pick right back up from where it left the week before.
That would make a fabulous video!
It is true that mushrooms feel very alien, Aya has this feminine nature spirit, very motherly and loving. But she can also kick your ass! :) DMT is just bizarre that is where you will be shot into others dimensions filled with entities. The autonomous conscious agents beneath space time. Mushrooms can do that in extremely high doses. It's weird because there is not much difference in these molecules. It is like two atoms that differentiate psilocin from DMT. A single hydroxyl group, (OH).
Well of course small changes to a molecule like that are supposed to make it fit better or less well into a receptor molecule. But it is hard to understand why these different molecules have qualitatively different effects.
Yes, Once I was certain I could hear things several seconds before they occurred, It was like time was displaced. I have also answered my partners questions several times before she had asked them, or I could tell what she was thinking about at certain moments. Like our minds get entangled or something.

Another occasion, after coming down, a electronic toy in my daughters room, (who was away at the time) started going off. So I struggle to my feet in the dark with these geometric patterns still occupying my vision and go into her room to switch it off. As soon as I reach for it, it would stop. So I go back to bed. As soon as I lie back down it starts again. So again I stumble out in the dark, I reach for it and it stops. I swear this living conscious stream was just laughing! I was like yeah ok you got me again. It was playing games. That is the other thing, as well as being so awesome, limitless and loving it is also quite playful and humorous.
Well of course I am looking for something that would validate some of what is going on - beyond the materialist explanation - those drugs just scramble your brain. If your wife was not taking any drug at the time, and she observed you replying to questions before they were asked, then there is something that might be tested. However I assume you can't reliably put yourself into the required state on demand.

Maybe you should write a book about your drug experiences.

David

Well at the moment I am just coming back from the Psilocybin experience. I feel like I have just taken a bath, I am so sorry for all the negativity I have caused. I feel so humbled, I am such a idiot sometimes. The truth is really so simple, I am not saying this like I am pretending to be special or significant, I swear you will laugh yourselves silly when the show is over.

This place we think that is so enormous the universe that is, well it is just a speck. Hell it is not even that! Its the entirely wrong way to think about things! It is part of the way we deceive ourselves. We think we are so smart! it is kinda cute.

There is no separation it is all in our minds. That is the big trick. This is the hallucination!

We have been and continue to be so stupid. We are here not to gain anything at all. We are here to let go of the things we think define ourselves. Let go of the hate, let go of the fear. We are here to learn how to lose everything.

In order to lose you have to have "Things" right? It's much deeper than that we have to watch others die and have our hearts broken In this illusion. That is when we are the most humble! That is when we see what really matters! The only thing.

We are here to learn how to die!

I am still coming back to Earth. I swear the truth is so absurd, you will laugh so hard!

The lesson I have learned and am still trying to learn?

It just love folks! That is it. That is the big deep mystery.

Man, I hope this makes sense, my brain is still coming back online.

I had to get this out there while it is fresh, heh. After all these years and doing it over and over . I keep forgetting but getting closer all the time, getting clearer and clearer. You can only bring back pieces. That is just a piece I got this time.

Thanks for sharing that LS. I'm always fascinated by peoples experiences with things like DMT, Aya, Psilocybin etc.

I'd like to ask you about this "We are here to learn how to die" aspect. Is it that this reality is an illusion, so that we may experience love and loss?

If so, what comes 'after' this reality?

Understand if cannot answer these questions though! I've never done any of the above substances but I can certainly relate to being on the cusp of understanding things via 'downloads' I get sometimes. Very interesting experiences. I used to get them loads after having gone deep into Gurdjieff's work and certain channelled material. I would sit by myself in public and just receive very pleasant sensations and a presence, from 'somewhere above and beyond' when observing people go about their business. Which is quite funny considering Gurdjieff thought that the majority of people were brainless automatons.

I'm always swinging between these two extremes......

But not everything 'out there' is loving I assume?

I'm actually still puzzling over this, only because I have never encountered it. The only negative stuff has come from inside me. So I can't say one way or the other. Once the ego is gone and there is this oneness there is no sense of loss or fear or anything like hate, there is just no concept of it at all. It seems like all the evil is here in this reality. So maybe that is also where those spirits dwell.

I'd really like to get more comfortable with the whole concept that everything is made of love. On the face of it, it is a bit like the statement that the moon is made of green cheese!

Yeah, I get it. During the ego death, there are all these emotions that rush through you, some even simultaneous, imagine being happy and sad at the same time, it is confusing. It feels like your heart gets broken. It feels like part of you just dies. In fact it does and all that is left is this incredible love. It's amazing.

I'm not sure I follow that.

I think it is like this. We all have this divine spark and we have all the baggage that we have accumulated through this life, when we get rid of that baggage there is the realization of that true self, the divine spark.

Would we also be branches in that structure?

Absolutely.

I mean, how would one set up the Shroedinger wave equation in terms of mentality - if that makes any sense?

Not sure what you mean. But I am thinking that is what the field of quantum cognition is about.

Well of course small changes to a molecule like that are supposed to make it fit better or less well into a receptor molecule. But it is hard to understand why these different molecules have qualitatively different effects.

I have a theory about that, there have been experiments with the cognitive behavior in rats that have been given different isotopes of lithium. L6 and L7, despite having identical chemical qualities there were remarkable behavioral differences. The only difference is a single neutron giving the atom a different quantum state and not a different chemical quality. This implies that consciousness is a quantum phenomena and the quantum state of the molecule is shifting the quantum state of the mind. My theory is that this is how psychedelic's work.

Well of course I am looking for something that would validate some of what is going on - beyond the materialist explanation - those drugs just scramble your brain. If your wife was not taking any drug at the time, and she observed you replying to questions before they were asked, then there is something that might be tested. However I assume you can't reliably put yourself into the required state on demand.

Unfortunately not, I have often thought that it is a rich area for research. There are shaman that use ayahuasca to read the energy of the body, seeing the patterns emanating from the body for diagnosis. Some with remarkable accuracy. I would like to see some psi experiments conducted using them.

Maybe you should write a book about your drug experiences.

I actually started doing just that about a year ago. It is sort of a side project. I only do psychedelics two or three times a year these days, so I write after the experience and it is going very slowly. I am also tying in a lot of related subjects like myth and entheogen use in history and religion. So lots of work. :)

Thanks for sharing that LS. I'm always fascinated by peoples experiences with things like DMT, Aya, Psilocybin etc.

I'd like to ask you about this "We are here to learn how to die" aspect. Is it that this reality is an illusion, so that we may experience love and loss?

Thanks DD.

There really is no sense of loss in the feeling of oneness. So I think on the other side you can't really know what it is like to suffer or to have compassion for suffering. You can intellectualize it but you really can't experience it and grow from it. So I think that is what this place is for.

I often get the sense that this place is like a processing or refining zone. We have to be careful with the illusion angle I think, because what we experience is not an illusion. It might be better to say that it is a construction rather than "the only" reality.

If so, what comes 'after' this reality?

For me there is only a sense of it. There are multiple realms in the DMT experience, I am not saying these are after life realms, although they might be. It is strange there is a distinct familiarity, like a memory of them.

If it is pure consciousness, then it is limitless in scope.

It is a common feature of users to no longer fear death. I kind of look forward to it. But I fear the loss it would create in the people I love that would remain, so I am just trying to enjoy what it has to offer here and now. It's becoming clearer there is a crucial meaning and purpose for it. And it is not like living and dying doesn't matter, on the contrary it is the whole point I think.

Understand if cannot answer these questions though! I've never done any of the above substances but I can certainly relate to being on the cusp of understanding things via 'downloads' I get sometimes. Very interesting experiences. I used to get them loads after having gone deep into Gurdjieff's work and certain channelled material. I would sit by myself in public and just receive very pleasant sensations and a presence, from 'somewhere above and beyond' when observing people go about their business. Which is quite funny considering Gurdjieff thought that the majority of people were brainless automatons.

I'm always swinging between these two extremes......

Yeah, it's not the only way to go about having these experiences. I have tried other ways but I just can't get anything close. I think some people can which is pretty impressive to me.

I have a theory about that, there have been experiments with the cognitive behavior in rats that have been given different isotopes of lithium. L6 and L7, despite having identical chemical qualities there were remarkable behavioral differences. The only difference is a single neutron giving the atom a different quantum state and not a different chemical quality. This implies that consciousness is a quantum phenomena and the quantum state of the molecule is shifting the quantum state of the mind. My theory is that this is how psychedelic's work.
Very interesting - do you have a link? Traditionally isotope effects like that are attributed to slight changes in the vibrational frequencies (due to the extra mass), but thinking of a scientific excuse isn't the same as showing that it is a valid explanation!

In a discussion with Rupert Sheldrake, he pointed out that it is conceivable that nuclear reactions happen in biological systems. There is some evidence that chickens fed a diet rich in potassium but with insufficient calciuum, somehow induce some of the potassium nuclei to take up an proton....

I replied that surely all that was needed was to examine the isotopic ratios in the egg shells. However, he pointed out that isotope ratios are often all over the place in biological systems - so such evidence isn't considered interesting! That leads on in turn to the question as to whether Cold Fusion is possible Ni+H -> Cu.

David

Very interesting - do you have a link? Traditionally isotope effects like that are attributed to slight changes in the vibrational frequencies (due to the extra mass), but thinking of a scientific excuse isn't the same as showing that it is a valid explanation!

In a discussion with Rupert Sheldrake, he pointed out that it is conceivable that nuclear reactions happen in biological systems. There is some evidence that chickens fed a diet rich in potassium but with insufficient calciuum, somehow induce some of the potassium nuclei to take up an proton....

I replied that surely all that was needed was to examine the isotopic ratios in the egg shells. However, he pointed out that isotope ratios are often all over the place in biological systems - so such evidence isn't considered interesting! That leads on in turn to the question as to whether Cold Fusion is possible Ni+H -> Cu.

David

Interesting for sure. The hypothesis put forward below is that it is nuclear spins that may be required for quantum processing in the brain.

There is still a huge gap to explain, I mean we don't really know how psychedelics work. We do know that the default mode network in the brain is practically switched off. Corelates related to time and identity are minimized or completely inactive. These are the corelates of the mystical experiences giving timeless oneness.

The experiment first done with the lithium in rats shows that the differences in cognition are not related to chemistry but to the change in quantum state of lithium, the alteration of nuclear spin. This gives support to quantum cognition.

We also know it exists in photosynthesis and bird migration so this field of quantum biology is just getting started where it was once scoffed at.

If the brain is like a quantum computer and consciousness is a form of quantum processing then it does makes sense that the quantum state is altered in these experiences somewhere in the cascade of effects. Likewise with skilled meditators very similar correlations can be induced without the psychoactive compounds and purely with endogenous neurotransmitters. Perhaps endogenous DMT.

You might also be interested in this, arguing the problems that go with assuming the brain operates in a classical manner.

Last edited:
I would say what its in respect to is American's glamorization of the drug culture and our culture in general , which cost so many people their lives.
undeniably good point. bush / bush / clinton / mena arkansas / freeway ricky ross / gary webb... and on and on

Isn't that a perfect example of modern science at work! A piece of work describing a potentially revolutionary discovery is actually published, but then ignored! Now it is hard to get the money to do more research!

I have to wonder just what other isotopes might behave in this way - after all 'computational power' isn't just needed for the brain.

If Alexander Fleming were working now, he would probably just be censured for allowing mould to get in his cultures.

David

Beautiful story. one of the best I have heard, not so much psychedelia joy riding but deep and meaningful simple life lessons.

Isn't that a perfect example of modern science at work! A piece of work describing a potentially revolutionary discovery is actually published, but then ignored! Now it is hard to get the money to do more research!

I have to wonder just what other isotopes might behave in this way - after all 'computational power' isn't just needed for the brain.

If Alexander Fleming were working now, he would probably just be censured for allowing mould to get in his cultures.

David

WTF is the hockey stick for!!!! He needs to calm down.

Interesting for sure. The hypothesis put forward below is that it is nuclear spins that may be required for quantum processing in the brain.

There is still a huge gap to explain, I mean we don't really know how psychedelics work. We do know that the default mode network in the brain is practically switched off. Corelates related to time and identity are minimized or completely inactive. These are the corelates of the mystical experiences giving timeless oneness.

The experiment first done with the lithium in rats shows that the differences in cognition are not related to chemistry but to the change in quantum state of lithium, the alteration of nuclear spin. This gives support to quantum cognition.

We also know it exists in photosynthesis and bird migration so this field of quantum biology is just getting started where it was once scoffed at.

If the brain is like a quantum computer and consciousness is a form of quantum processing then it does makes sense that the quantum state is altered in these experiences somewhere in the cascade of effects. Likewise with skilled meditators very similar correlations can be induced without the psychoactive compounds and purely with endogenous neurotransmitters. Perhaps endogenous DMT.

You might also be interested in this, arguing the problems that go with assuming the brain operates in a classical manner.

WHO IS JR HERE?

Back