Numbers

Today I was driving somewhere. I looked down, saw 2:22 on the digital clock in my car, and realized that I see matching numbers on clocks almost everyday.
But I see mostly 11:11, 12:12, and 1:11.
I've heard somewhere that almost all of these numbers are "angel numbers" or signs.
Then again, probably not and it's all just a coincidence. Your thoughts? And do any of you see matching numbers also?

I notice interesting numbers too. I haven't collected the data or done the calculations to rule out chance as an explanation, but I think it could be a message from THEM indicating there is more to reality that meets the eye. I don't know if the numbers have a particular meaning or not. I get 12:34 a lot as well as 11:11 and the like.

Then again, probably not and it's all just a coincidence.

Some is a coincidence, but not all.

I notice the "Magic Numbers" all the time. Most of the time this is a psychological phenomena called Apophenia, but not all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

"Magic Numbers" are the numbers physically built into the universe. That's why they turn up in the Bible so much; 12, 40, 144, etc.

See Randall Carlson's work on this... http://sacredgeometryinternational.com/videos

Some is a coincidence, but not all.

I notice the "Magic Numbers" all the time. Most of the time this is a psychological phenomena called Apophenia, but not all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

"Magic Numbers" are the numbers physically built into the universe. That's why they turn up in the Bible so much; 12, 40, 144, etc.

See Randall Carlson's work on this... http://sacredgeometryinternational.com/videos
Whoa. Thx for sharing. Very interesting.

Having read much Robert Anton Wilson, I tried an experiment. I started looking out for the number 23. After only days, I started to see it automatically everywhere I went. My experience was the same as Wilson's and Jim Carrey's (The star of the film "23"), that most of it is interpreting and filtering evidence but that there are some experiences that are not so easily explainable. The interesting thing about the film was the revelation that he had written the conspiracy book himself - think about it! If we can use this info to write our own realities the way we want them...;)

I think what this is about is that we are not merely passive observers, powerless to act as we watch the world happening around us. More sensibly, everyday experience has us as active participants, not mere observers. In the context of this thread, we may be considered not simply as participants, but as creators too.

I think what this is about is that we are not merely passive observers, powerless to act as we watch the world happening around us. More sensibly, everyday experience has us as active participants, not mere observers. In the context of this thread, we may be considered not simply as participants, but as creators too.
I totally agree, but it can be so easy to fall into the trap of believing that you can't make a difference. There is always some difference you can make, somewhere.

This rather unreported phenomenon happened to me some years ago and it was bugging me so much I actually "appealed" (to whomever might be listening :) ) for it to stop...and it did. I started seeing my date of birth everywhere, I wasn't looking for it, it just kept presenting itself to me. And the effect became greater and greater.

My car trip-meter stopped perfectly on the number and never moved again. I bought a house to renovate and the old deeds came through the letter box one day (more than 100 year old deeds). I was shocked to see that the number of the house had been changed many years ago but was originally my number. Couldn't believe that either.
I was in a relationship with a woman who was only interested in fleecing me and she did, more or less every penny. She then immediately took up with a business man who I knew of but did not know personally but it was necessary to have some communication with him through a solicitor (I was asking my ex to return some of the money I had lent her..many thousands...she wouldn't, she said it was a gift).

I didn't know where this guy lived so I went to the electoral role and I discovered that his number on the role (two digits) was the same as my date of birth. My ex refused to give me anything (she'd had many thousands out of me possibly nearly 20). About three months after this, tragically he was killed in an accident which of course I did not wish on him.

This stuff went on and on, far too much here to tell of. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, look at the alarm clock, bang there it was. Sometimes when I woke up, I'd deliberately avoid looking at the clock for a few minutes but then when I looked..bang again, there it was. I don't have a rational explanation for this but I personally believe 'something' was playing games with me. It more or less stopped when I consciously asked it to. If someone had told me the same story before this happened to me, I'd have said "pull the other one !"

* I'm going to delete this post in a few hours as it's not something I really want to broadcast (too spooky weird) so please would anyone reading it do me the favour of not copying it, thanks

Last edited:
This rather unreported phenomenon happened to me some years ago and it was bugging me so much I actually "appealed" (to whomever might be listening :) ) for it to stop...and it did. I started seeing my date of birth everywhere, I wasn't looking for it, it just kept presenting itself to me. And the effect became greater and greater.

My car trip-meter stopped perfectly on the number and never moved again. I bought a house to renovate and the old deeds came through the letter box one day (more than 100 year old deeds). I was shocked to see that the number of the house had been changed many years ago but was originally my number. Couldn't believe that either.
I was in a relationship with a woman who was only interested in fleecing me and she did, more or less every penny. She then immediately took up with a business man who I knew of but did not know personally but it was necessary to have some communication with him through a solicitor (I was asking my ex to return some of the money I had lent her..many thousands...she wouldn't, she said it was a gift).

I didn't know where this guy lived so I went to the electoral role and I discovered that his number on the role (two digits) was the same as my date of birth. My ex refused to give me anything (she'd had many thousands out of me possibly nearly 20). About three months after this, tragically he was killed in an accident which of course I did not wish on him.

This stuff went on and on, far too much here to tell of. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, look at the alarm clock, bang there it was. Sometimes when I woke up, I'd deliberately avoid looking at the clock for a few minutes but then when I looked..bang again, there it was. I don't have a rational explanation for this but I personally believe 'something' was playing games with me. It more or less stopped when I consciously asked it to. If someone had told me the same story before this happened to me, I'd have said "pull the other one !"

* I'm going to delete this post in a few hours as it's not something I really want to broadcast (too spooky weird) so please would anyone reading it do me the favour of not copying it, thanks

That is way beyond spooky.

Reactions: tim
Tim - I (and a friend) have a bit of a major case of this and, in a way, it has gone on since 2009. Your post is very helpful to me so I hope you will consider not deleting it.

It is spooky weird. Not doubt about it.

And, I wonder, should I ask it to go away? It is VERY interesting to me that you asked it to go away and it did. Do I want it to go away? Is it playing games with me or is there a deeper purpose? Am I tired of the game? I feel "jerked around" yet it is also funny and good natured. I have a complex relationship with it.

I realise this post is totally cryptic. I need to write a book to explain myself and I am thinking about doing that yet it is difficult. The book would need to feature a number of other real life people. How would they feel about that? Also, the book needs some kind of conclusion yet I cannot make up my mind as to what I think and it also seems that things are not concluded. And, of course, writing a book means giving the whole experience yet more time and energy and I think I have given it too much time and energy as it is...

Finally, will others benefit from such a book? Perhaps ignorance is better. Again, I have no answer.

Sorry to be cryptic. Also, FYI, there is a 11:11 theme and there are links to 23 and to 23 July specifically - same as Robert Anton Wilson.

Tim - I (and a friend) have a bit of a major case of this and, in a way, it has gone on since 2009.

That's interesting, Alan, anything similar ?

Your post is very helpful to me so I hope you will consider not deleting it.
Okay, I'll leave it up. Boo Boo has already copied it anyway she didn't read the last bit of my post, that's alright though.

I need to write a book to explain myself and I am thinking about doing that yet it is difficult. The book would need to feature a number of other real life people. How would they feel about that?

My first answer to that would be definitely not without a pseudonym and probably not anyway although I'm willing to consider it. What I sincerely believe is that the major events that happened like the house number...that was waiting for me to come across. I personally believe everything that is ever going to happen and ever was going to happen, will happen (for everyone) but that there is room for adjustment, which doesn't make sense but there it is, that's how I feel. It may be linked to the fact that I have no doubt that I've been here before and I can well imagine that I may have set out a pre-mortal "trail" for my future self to discover, if you see what I mean. Maybe as some kind of a reassurance that this is where I'm meant to be. Or it's all just coincidence and confirmation bias which I'm certain it's not.

One of the problems is, these things sound so crazy. I sometimes don't believe them myself but I have all the evidence for the major events. Many other really bizarre things occurred. What would worry me is being associated with them as if I'm a bit weird ...and I'm not weird at all. Some things, it's best to keep to one's self.

That's interesting, Alan, anything similar ?

Yes, similar in some ways but seems much bigger and more complex (based on what you have said so far).

My first answer to that would be definitely not without a pseudonym and probably not anyway although I'm willing to consider it.

Wasn't really thinking about you - really thinking about others associated with my own thing but, you are right, would be interesting to collect totally separate experiences from others. Very interesting.

What I sincerely believe is that the major events that happened like the house number...that was waiting for me to come across.

Yes. This is one of the strangest things about it. There are certain things which reverberate back in time, years and years ago. So, with my friend there is a major coincidence that dates to the 1980s. I also feel my name (real name - Alan Amsberg is a not my real name) has a link with something else. There are a number of other things. I believe in free will yet there is a sense of "destiny" behind it.

I may have set out a pre-mortal "trail" for my future self to discover, if you see what I mean.

An interesting idea.

One of the problems is, these things sound so crazy. I sometimes don't believe them myself but I have all the evidence for the major events. Many other really bizarre things occurred. What would worry me is being associated with them as if I'm a bit weird ...and I'm not weird at all. Some things, it's best to keep to one's self.

Yes. Totally know how this feels and, of course, my whole thing starts with me having a psychotic episode and being in a mental hospital so when you try to tell the story they just hear that and discount the rest.

Also, you are totally right, it is BIZARRE more than anything else. It hints at things. It ducks and dives. I have a database of the synchronicities and I am sure that there are real things and things which are apophenia. Yet my opinion about certain things changes depending on my state of mind.

The other disconcerting thing is that the stuff implies an intelligence with great knowledge - it knows the future but it also knows well... seems it knows everything. And it is funny. On the other side, I do feel "jerked around" by it.

Reactions: tim
And, I wonder, should I ask it to go away?

Do you want it to stop ?

Is it playing games with me or is there a deeper purpose? Am I tired of the game? I feel "jerked around" yet it is also funny and good natured. I have a complex relationship with it.

All good questions. It was freaking me out so I needed it to stop. Sceptics would howl with laughter at such notions, they wouldn't have been laughing if what happened to me, happened to them though.

Do you want it to stop ?

I really don't know. It made a kind of dramatic statement about something in early January. This statement was proven false a week and a bit ago. I kind of thought that would be it - a kind of "grand finale". But, then, two days ago it happened again. When I thought it had stopped I was quite relieved really. On the other side, it is endlessly fascinating and I sort of feel "privileged". But really not sure about that either, am I "cursed" instead? It feels almost like a "friend" yet I don't trust it. And it is all symbolic. So, did I take this statement in early January too literally? Is it a liar or did I take it too literally?

All good questions. It was freaking me out so I needed it to stop.

I'm glad that it did stop for you

Sceptics would howl with laughter at such notions, they wouldn't have been laughing if what happened to me, happened to them though.

Yes. The whole thing has made a believer of me. Just what it is though is so elusive. Sometimes I think it pays attention to me because I pay attention to it but then there is this reverberating in time thing and I really don't know what to make of that.

Yes, similar in some ways but seems much bigger and more complex (based on what you have said so far).
Okay, thanks.

Wasn't really thinking about you - really thinking about others associated with my own thing but, you are right, would be interesting to collect totally separate experiences from others. Very interesting.

No worries, sorry I misunderstood you

Yes. This is one of the strangest things about it. There are certain things which reverberate back in time, years and years ago. So, with my friend there is a major coincidence that dates to the 1980s. I also feel my name (real name - Alan Amsberg is a not my real name) has a link with something else. There are a number of other things. I believe in free will yet there is a sense of "destiny" behind it.

Alan A is not your real name ? Doesn't matter, tim is my nickname BTW.

my whole thing starts with me having a psychotic episode and being in a mental hospital so when you try to tell the story they just hear that and discount the rest.

Sorry to hear that, Alan but it's good that you're okay with after all it can happen to anyone. And yes, they do tend to latch onto people's misfortunes

The other disconcerting thing is that the stuff implies an intelligence with great knowledge - it knows the future but it also knows well... seems it knows everything. And it is funny. On the other side, I do feel "jerked around" by it.

I'm not certain of the causes of these phenomena. I'm a "believer" (there's a song there somewhere) so it's not hard for me to envisage all sorts of things. I'm convinced that this world is some kind of crude "playground" and that everyone has been here before many times. What comes and goes is an eternal entity of such subtlety and complexity it can't be detected otherwise it would ruin the game, so to speak. But of course the sceptics would only say that is very convenient ;)

I'm not certain of the causes of these phenomena. I'm a "believer" (there's a song there somewhere) so it's not hard for me to envisage all sorts of things. I'm convinced that this world is some kind of crude "playground" and that everyone has been here before many times. What comes and goes is an eternal entity of such subtlety and complexity it can't be detected otherwise it would ruin the game, so to speak. But of course the sceptics would only say that is very convenient ;)

Yes. Agree with much of that. This "God" is a "God" of plausible deniability.

I really don't know. It made a kind of dramatic statement about something in early January. This statement was proven false a week and a bit ago. I kind of thought that would be it - a kind of "grand finale". But, then, two days ago it happened again. When I thought it had stopped I was quite relieved really. On the other side, it is endlessly fascinating and I sort of feel "privileged". But really not sure about that either, am I "cursed" instead? It feels almost like a "friend" yet I don't trust it. And it is all symbolic. So, did I take this statement in early January too literally? Is it a liar or did I take it too literally?

I think it might be an idea to stop addressing whatever you feel might be "addressing you," whether it's some quantum effect of the universe or a discarnate entity (if one believes in such things) etc or whatever it is. It's not wrong to address it but sounds like it is a bit unnerving for you. I think if you asked a psychologist the same question they would probably say it's best to leave it alone. And no, I don't think you are "cursed," such ideas are not on my radar really.

Back