Observations on Alex and latest show with Jason Hursley

Am listening now and have not heard all of the show so could be wrong (if so will edit here) but something has been bothering me about this 'Conspiracy Field' for a long time.

There is an old Arab saying "Counterfeit gold exists because there is such a thing as real gold". It's all fine and dandy pointing out conspiracy after conspiracy but how about pointing to the 'real gold'?

Alex in this episode lists fairies, Vellee, Laurel Canyon... on and on. Jasun claims Gnosticism is co-opted. Ok.. so what are these things counterfeits of?

Point us to (what you think is) the real and then we can compare and have a real discussion.

Otherwise we have this: 1960s and want to oppose the Man? Ok, start a movement - oh, sorry, that's the CIA (opposing itself).

Want to argue for gender rights? Great idea, start something. Oh, sorry, that's the CIA.

And on and on. Basically the end result of all this (and this should give the thinking person great pause) is this: there is no opposition and there never has been. It's ALL The Man.

I dispute this. There is opposition. There are people fighting against the system. And if there is a belief there that leads you to the conclusions that there ISN'T - that every protest singer was CIA, that ever consciousness researcher was CIA, that every rebel like Jim Morrison was CIA, that every Gnostic subversive esoteric system was CIA......

Well.... it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to work out who might want you to think that and why.

I almost want to write 'wake up sheeple' here but I will resist.

PS I don't expect intelligent discussion or debate here. Just some observations so no need to ponder. This is primarily for myself.

Am listening now and have not heard all of the show so could be wrong (if so will edit here) but something has been bothering me about this 'Conspiracy Field' for a long time.

There is an old Arab saying "Counterfeit gold exists because there is such a thing as real gold". It's all fine and dandy pointing out conspiracy after conspiracy but how about pointing to the 'real gold'?

Alex in this episode lists fairies, Vellee, Laurel Canyon... on and on. Jasun claims Gnosticism is co-opted. Ok.. so what are these things counterfeits of?

Point us to (what you think is) the real and then we can compare and have a real discussion.

Otherwise we have this: 1960s and want to oppose the Man? Ok, start a movement - oh, sorry, that's the CIA (opposing itself).

Want to argue for gender rights? Great idea, start something. Oh, sorry, that's the CIA.

And on and on. Basically the end result of all this (and this should give the thinking person great pause) is this: there is no opposition and there never has been. It's ALL The Man.

I dispute this. There is opposition. There are people fighting against the system. And if there is a belief there that leads you to the conclusions that there ISN'T - that every protest singer was CIA, that ever consciousness researcher was CIA, that every rebel like Jim Morrison was CIA, that every Gnostic subversive esoteric system was CIA......

Well.... it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to work out who might want you to think that and why.

PS I don't expect intelligent discussion or debate here. Just some observations so no need to ponder. This is primarily for myself.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was inarticulately trying to express in the Horsley thread.

Don't know if you read the forum discussion but Jeff Kripal and John Mac have apparently been added to the list, too. :(

If every liberation movement of 1960s - 1970s were a Deep State front, why COINTELPRO and other very real - and ugly - conspiratoral activities by the governmental agencies were needed? Why did they commit so many dirty covert acts - ranging form blatantly unethical (black propaganda) to outright atrocious (assassinations) - in opposition to the movements that, according to some... well... thinkers were their own creations?

Back