Phone Call from The Dead... The real Deal...

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by loka, Mar 5, 2015.

1. loka

loka New

Hi,

It has happened to me in 2004.

Following the death of my Dog. I was devastated. Then I had several phone calls night and day with nobody answering. One day, i heard a Dog breathing. Then I asked some personnal questions and the answers were all right. The "answerer" gave one "hit" for "No" and 2 Hits for "yes".

Apparently, someone was with my Dog answering to me in the other Side.

I had also strange things with Synchronicities at this Time and several messages were directly deposed in my "Phone recorder"

10 years after, i still can't understand and figure out what this all means.

I am in a perpetual search since.

I'm writing a book (in french) and i collect stories like this. I get one. Someone clearly heard the voice of her deceased Aunt several month after her death. It was also a "phone call from the dead"....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    K9!, Ian Gordon, Typoz and 3 others like this.
  2. lhl

lhl Member

Trancestate and loka like this.
  3. loka

loka New

I'm disappointed by the lack of interest by parapsychologists on this matter because it´s central, crucial. It´s the real deal.

Lusikka, Steve and Typoz like this.
  4. Typoz

Typoz Member

It seems that parapsychology is focussing only on those phenomena which can be tested in the laboratory - which reduces the scope to a very narrow range. Many phenomena, including the phone calls you describe, occur only in the outside world, in real-life situations. It requires a different kind of study. They need to get out of the lab and look at real life.

Lusikka and Steve like this.
  5. Craig Weiler

Craig Weiler Associate

It's a little more complicated than that. If you devise an experiment, you can seek research funding for it, get it, and then go do your experiment. Your costs are controlled and your results will be clear, whatever they happen to be.

Parapsychologists get a parade of strange psi cases come through their doors all the time, but rarely is there any money for investigating, assuming that they even have the time. So that means that the case needs to be nearby and of sufficient interest for them to spend their time and money pursuing it. They can't charge what a consultant would normally receive plus expenses because it's just too much money for the average person to spend. And not all of these cases will return publishable results.

In the case of phone calls, exactly what is a researcher supposed to research here? The calls are very specifically targeted at a single person and are completely unpredictable. And how would anyone verify that it was actually a ghost on the other end and not some prankster, no matter how unlikely?

6. Typoz

Typoz Member

7. Craig Weiler

Craig Weiler Associate

I think that EVP research is probably the best bet.

8. Nassim

Nassim New

Somebody was just messing with you, i guess.

9. Nassim

Nassim New

This kind of naive and credulous stuff is exactly what materialists and other skeptics need to advance their own agendas.Be smart.Look for the simplest explanation.
    Don't make the reputation of parapsychology any worse than it is already.

10. loka

loka New

Do you think i'm stupid ?
    You believe in nde, ghosts, itc, paranormal but you dont believe in "phone call from the dead" ?
    Let me say to you : you're terribly wrong and you need to update your knowledge in this domain.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Trancestate and Ian Gordon like this.
  11. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

Yes. The books Trancestate listed were serious (parapsychological) research into this area.

The subject also sometimes gets included in studies of after-death communications, like the Guggenheims':
    http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers15.html#a13

Here's the story of a mysterious phone call author Dean Koontz received:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shadow-boxing/201309/phone-call-the-dead

Trancestate likes this.
  12. Nassim

Nassim New

No.Love and wishful thinking can play serious tricks on us.
    Beware of the self-deceit intrinsic capacity of the human mind too.

I do believe in the existence of the after-life , in the immortal human soul, ....in the existence of angels , demons ... but i think that NDE , the alleged "phone calls " from beyond the grave .... are just wishful thinking mainly, just delusions.

Look for the simple answer , i suggest thus.

13. Nassim

Nassim New

Listen to yourselves , guys :
    Phone calls from beyond the grave ?
    Why can't the dead reach you telepathically, for example ? Their spiritual "technology " is far more advanced than ours .
    Come on, get real.

14. loka

loka New

You react with your own theory... Not with the facts.

I just follow the fact...

I don't know what it means like I said in my first post.

But the fact is there.

Strange phone calls from deceased exist.

Obiwan, Red, Typoz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

The mother of a friend of mine had what may have been an anomalous phone call experience that she shared with me in 1980. Unfortunately, I've forgotten most of the details. What I can recall, however, is that some time after the death of her mother, she answered the phone to hear a faint message that sounded like this: [We have] a long-distance call from your mother. (The first two words are in brackets because I'm not sure they were part of the message.)

On hearing the message, the woman hung up the phone immediately, thinking she'd been the victim of a cruel prank call. It wasn't until I loaned my friend Phone Calls from the Dead, and he loaned it to her, that she realized the phone call might well have been anomalous.

Doug

tim, Ian Gordon and Typoz like this.
  16. Pollux

Pollux New

We've been discussing PCFTD, ADC and EVP's a few times on Skeptiko forum before. Here is a link to one of those>> http://forum.mind-energy.net/forum/skeptiko-podcast-forums/skeptiko-podcast/4901-adc-itc-and-evp
    Loka told his/her experience a bit more in depth there also - and there is a few links to other resources on PCFTD & ADC etc.

Here is a summary of the phenomenon:
    http://www.virginiaghosts.com/phone_calls.php

http://web.archive.org/web/20120722033610/http://www.paranormalreview.com/articles/20120706

http://paranormal.about.com/cs/trueghoststories/a/aa090103.htm
    http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Calls-Dead-investigation-incredible/dp/0136643345

tim, Typoz, Trancestate and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pollux

Pollux New

A few stories on "impossible" phone conversations.

Impossible phone conversations
    "About.com has documented people's experiences of impossible phone calls. Although mystifying—even chilling—on the surface, all might be explained as quantum events created by an area of physics we barely understand.

One incident that is shared involves a woman who lived overseas near a military base with her husband. Their home didn't have a phone. She wished desperately one night to talk with her mother and let her know that she and her baby were fine. According to her testimony, the very next day an MP arrived at her house with an urgent message to call her mother. As she recalls:

"Scared out of my mind, I went to base with him and made the call home to the states. She was so upset and wanted to know when I was coming home with the baby, to people that loved me and would protect me. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said, "After you called us last night we were all so upset! Will the Air Force send you home?" Well, needless to say I was speechless! I knew I hadn't made that call, but she swore that she spoke to me for several minutes and I was crying and so upset!" [Impossible phone conversations #1]

Another impossible call was recieved by a woman named Barbara in the wee hours of the morning. According to Barbara, the phone suddenly rang at 4:20 a.m. When she answered, her older brother was on the line. He told he he'd just gotten married.

Evidently, the ringing phone awakened Barbara's husband. The conversation lasted about five minutes, and then she returned to bed.

Afterwards, Barbara really thought little of the call until, "About a week or so later, I was visiting at my mother's home and this same brother was there with his wife. I thanked him for calling me…and I got this odd stare and his mouth fell open. He told me he had called our mother, but he had never called me at all. I turned to my mother and she related the entire conversation she had had with him, and then I related the entire conversation I had had with him—and these conversations were literally identical and at the exact same time." [Impossible phone conversations #2]

Other incidents are documented there as well as at other websites.

There is little doubt that phone calls from the dead will continue to occur, as well as the rarer impossible phone conversations with the living.

The universe—or multiverse—is a strange and wonderful puzzle. Despite some who believe we have figured out most of that puzzle, the reality is we have only fit together a tiny fraction of the pieces and the bigger picture may continue to elude us for some millennia to come.

http://www.earth-heal.com/news/news...um-foundation-for-paranormal-phone-calls.html

Typoz likes this.
  18. Pollux

Pollux New

Calling Earth
    "A documentary about communication with the deceased through modern electronic technology. Because the conscious survival of physical death makes no sense in terms of our materialistic (essentially 19th-century) scientific paradigm, Western science is only now beginning to play catch-up in this arena. So please don't take this documentary as the final word. In another decade or two we may well look back on this type of research as primitive, but for now it's a start."

PS: Video wont embed, but just click the link and watch it on Vimeo's site.

19. Pollux

Pollux New

A few other PCFTD stories:

"Dead Ringers"

"September 12th 2008 4:23pm. A Metrolink commuter train with 225 aboard slams into Union Pacific freight train on winding route in Chatsworth. It left 24 people dead and almost 150 injured.

On of those who died in that horrible accident was Charles Peck. Medical examination of his body showed that he had died quickly after the collision, almost instantaneously.

But for hours after his death, his family received a total of 35 calls from his cell phone.

At 9:08PM nearly five hours after the crash, Peck’s fiancé Andrea Katz received one of those calls. But when she answered, all she heard was static. Despite hearing nothing from the other side she told him to hang on and that help was on the way.

Whenever they tried to call him back all the calls were routed to the voicemail.

When the rescue efforts stopped at the scene and the rescue workers turned to the grim task of recovery another call came from his phone and the search crews decided to trace it. They found it had come from the first train, so they went back to scour the rubble in hopes of finding him alive. The last phone call came from Charles Peck’s phone at 3:28AM, almost an hour before they found his lifeless body.

This story made national news when it happened and has now become very well known. A few weeks earlier I myself had a close shave with death and had been in the hospital for a week with Cardiology issues. While I was there a case management services person had visited me and offered help with getting my affairs in order in case the unexpected might happen. I don’t remember how we came to the topic of the paranormal but she eventually stayed a while and told me some amazing stories. She used to be a caregiver at a hospice and had experienced amazing things. There are extraordinary paranormal happenings that occur at the end of life of terminal patients.

Although the stress that had put me in the hospital to begin with was not pleasant, I knew God had brought me there for a reason. This I am sure was one of them.

In the last few months of research that I have made in the area of the supernatural and the end of life I have been astonished, amazed and comforted. I am gathering these astonishing stories together in a book which I am tentatively calling, “Ushered through the Veil”. One of the most frequent phenomena that occurs at the end of life with terminal patients is the same occurrence that happened to the family and fiancé of Charles Peck.

Sometimes like in the case of Peck, the family receives a phone call from the phone of the deceased. It could come from a cell or a landline in the deceased’s uninhabited home. Other times just before the terminally ill patient dies they receive a phone call from a long departed loved one. In many instances the numbers had even been disconnected. But they still appeared on caller id.

Every time the living picks up the phone all they hear on the other end is static. There have been instances of those who receive the calls recording them only to find voices in the recording that were not perceptible to the human ear at the time.

Here are two of the tales that I have received, one of each type.

Mark Prebost had lived a good long life and had outlives most of his family and friends. Tragically he had outlived many of his children as well in reaching the ripe old age of 93.

When he was diagnosed with prostate cancer he took it with a grain of salt. He would often say he lived longer than he would ever have thought, but still he would miss his family. He especially loved the parties.

The disease ravaged the elderly man and the pain was severe and constant. His elderly daughter and her children took care of him in his home, rotating the times they stayed with him until the cancer that had spread through his body finally took his life one cold October day. The daughter was relieved since her elderly father had gone through so much pain in the last few months, and even though she did not believe in an afterlife she comforted herself with the fact he was no longer suffering.

His funeral was sparse since he had few friends and relatives left alive. And after the funeral those who did attend went to the daughter’s house for a memorial service and dinner. As the night wore on they kept getting phone calls with dead air. Finally the daughter noticed the caller ID. The calls were coming from her father’s house. There was no one there, she had the keys. They received a few more calls during the evening and she let the answering machine pick them up.

The next day out of curiosity she reviewed the final two phone calls that the machine had recorded. She heard on the tape the faint voice of her father saying, “It’s ok Margie, I’m ok” and “Your Momma is with me, all is good”

Like so many EVPs the speech is faint and hard to hear. But Marge was sure of what she heard. Her father was saying goodbye and letting her know that he still existed in some form. A form that was safe, happy and with the wife that he had loved and lost so many years ago.

It did not look good for Lisa. The teenager had gone through years of treatment but the anguish of the chemotherapy seemed to be all for naught. The leukemia had finally overwhelmed her body and she was in the last days of her short young life.

Her father sat in vigil beside her, holding her hand and wiping her brow as she sweat while the final battle raged within her fragile body.

Her mother had passed a few years earlier in a horrific car crash. In those last days her father sat by powerless as Lisa cried out for her mother. He tried to comfort her but it seemed that his presence, even though ever caring, was not enough.

As the father sat with her on her last night with a nurse by her side the phone rang. He left Lisa a lone with the nurse for a few moments to answer it, but on the other side there was a large amount of static. He thought for a second that through the static he had heard a woman’s voice say something but it was indiscernible. After he turned the phone off he checked the caller ID to see who it was that had called. The answer stopped him in his tracks. The phone number was that of his house five years ago. The number had long been disconnected, right after the death of his wife. He tried to call back but got the familiar robotic woman’s voice advising him that the number was indeed no longer in service.

Immediately he was called back into the room by the nurse. His daughter was passing. She died within a few minutes of the mysterious phone call.

A phone call that he still believes was made by his long deceased wife. And upon reflection he is sure the faint words he had heard through the static had said, “She will be safe with me”.

http://theparanormalpastor.blogspot.se/2008/11/dead-ringers.html

Red, tim, Typoz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Max_B

Max_B Member

Home Page:
    One communicates with people face to face.... One communicates with apparitions face to face...

With the rise in the popularity of telephones as a completely new way of everyday communication with people, it seems only natural that communications with apparitions by telephone would begin to make an appearance in people's experiences too.

Celia Green's book 'Apparitions' is a great book to read to explore these perceptions... Celia builds a strong argument that such experiences are 'whole scene' hallucinations, rather than an apparition being inserted into some sort of objective reality.

The book should start to make you think about direct vs indirect perception.- which can be unsettling.