Potential for Mediumship?

Alana

okay, for anyone that doesn’t know, I’m running personal experiments on mediums, giving a fake name, offering no information and keeping my head down as I write are the most secure controls I can manage at the moment. That’s besides the point, though.

During the February reading I had, the medium mentioned I had the ability to be a medium. Now, I didn’t really think much of it, but what I haven’t told you is that I got another reading last Sunday. I’m still sorting through some of the data, trying to see what’s correct or not, so I’ll post more on my original experiment thread when I finish that, but even with a completely different medium my supposed affinity was mentioned.

As far as I know, they have no reason to lie about that (unless they want me to spend money on classes, which I personally find unlikely)

So, thoughts? Where can I learn more?

They say that a lot because many people have the ability. But so few try, it is thought to be a rare talent.

When they tell you you have the ability, ask them how you should develop it.

When I was taking classes at a Spiritualist church it cost $5 per class (suggested donation if you could afford it) and that was very low price (but they were trying to develop people who could eventually work as mediums at the church). A well known medium who taught outside the church would charge $100 per class and I thought that was very high. I suppose it depends on your ability to pay. Generally to become a working medium you have to go to class once a week for many years unless you are exceptionally talented. But if you just want to have the experience, you don't have to keep it up. Some talented individuals don't work at it professionally but take classes year after year because they like to do it. One of the things you should get from a class is learning how to deal with people who are grieving.

There are also different teaching styles. Some teach spirit communication on the first class which is how I learned. Some teach psychic development for a year before getting into spirit communication. That might be better for people who are talented and want to become professionals. I'm not sure that would have worked for me because I am not that psychic and I might have dropped out due to lack of results before I ever tried spirit communication.When you work with spirits, a large part of the effect is due to the efforts of the spirits rather than your own ability so even if you are not very psychic all you need is a quiet mind that can be obtained through the calming effects of meditation - so you can notice the faint impressions of spirits trying to communicate and you can experience spirit communication.

There is a huge amount of difference between someone who can work as a professional and someone who can just have the experience in class. It's like with musical talent - most people could pick out a tune with one finger on a piano but only a few would be able to play in a concert hall after years of practice. But with spirit communication even the simplest experience where you give a classmate a reading and they recognize a deceased relative based on the specific and detailed information you pick up is something that changes your life. For me it was like something magical that I might have read about in a novel, but it was real and I was doing it.

I described some of my experiences in class on my web site:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience

If you want to try to find classes and there are no Spiritualist churches in your area, you might try to find a class through a New Age bookstore or gift shop.

Last edited:
When they tell you you have the ability, ask them how you should develop it.

A medium I talked to recommended I start by contacting my Guide, so I looked up videos on guided meditation to meet my spirit guide and just spent forty minutes meditating. When I was instructed to ask for their name, the first thing that came into my mind was “Sam”.

I won’t lie, I rely more on my brain than my heart in everyday life. When I was younger, listening to my heart only made me upset — because a bumpy home situation combined with an inability to convey that through words made one angry, angry first grader. I’m trying to trust this, but the concept of the first thing coming to mind being from a spirit who’s watched over me my whole life...it goes against everything I thought I knew.

Any advice, Jim?

A medium I talked to recommended I start by contacting my Guide, so I looked up videos on guided meditation to meet my spirit guide and just spent forty minutes meditating. When I was instructed to ask for their name, the first thing that came into my mind was “Sam”.

I won’t lie, I rely more on my brain than my heart in everyday life. When I was younger, listening to my heart only made me upset — because a bumpy home situation combined with an inability to convey that through words made one angry, angry first grader. I’m trying to trust this, but the concept of the first thing coming to mind being from a spirit who’s watched over me my whole life...it goes against everything I thought I knew.

Any advice, Jim?

I assumed the medium would tell you to take classes. Evidently that was not a correct assumption.

You have to practice in a way where you get feedback telling you if you are right or not. In a class where you give your classmates readings you get feedback when they tell you if they recognize the spirit you are bringing through.

My advice is to try to find a class if you want to develop your ability.

I have some suggestions if you want to try working on your own:
http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/natural_mediumship
http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-communicate-with-spirits.html

My experiences are described here:
http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience
http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-is-it-like-to-communicate-with.html

Meditation also can help because when the mind is quiet you will be more aware of faint psychic impressions.

This is odd. Last night during the meditation I asked for my spirit guide to show me a sign and just this morning a white feather falls from the tree I’m passing under. Not sure if it’s coincidence or a genuine sign, but it’s interesting.

Back