Quantum weirdness replaced by Fluid Dynamics ?

Can someone who understands Quantum Physics explain what this means please ?

http://resonance.is/news/quantum-weirdness-replaced-by-classical-fluid-dynamics/
I ain't no physicist, but it seems to me that us humans have made QM more complicated than it actually I according to the research.
Recently there was work done showing the wave-function through the weak measurement technique was real not just a concept.
I don't recall there is anyone really qualified to answer, so I suggest joining physics forum and ask there.

Truly fascinating article, and the video was mind blowing. Seems to me to be a macroscopic and visually beautiful parallel with what might be going on at the quantum level between particles and waves. Truly stunning to see.

Obviously, this macroscopic setup cannot demonstrate some of the fundamental weirdness of QM such as non-locality or entanglement over vast distance etc, so perhaps is merely similar, and not a truly analogous to what is happening at the quantum level. However, truly stunning. Quite a beautiful thing to see. Hope to find out more. Thanks steve.

Basically:

There is an interpretation of QM called DeBroglie-Bohm that basically puts what's called the "quantum potential" at the root of "quantum weirdness". This "information potential field" can have physical effects on the real world in the absence of force fields as demonstrated by Ahranov-Bohm Effect. It also "guides" the particles in the double-slit experiment.

One way to take this interpretation further is to model space-time as an ideal fluid, or type of relativistic superfluid. It is a school of thought sometimes referred to as BEC-Vacuum (Bose Einstein Condensate), or SF-Vacuum Theory. Some proponents of this model account for non-local connections via a "hidden variable", something analogous to Bohm's quantum potential and DeBroglie's Pilot-Wave that is an inherent part of space-time. Hydrodynamic experiments show this type of connection between soliton (whirlpool-like) structures, and L. Susskind has constructed a similar model using wormholes in a string universe.

Hope this makes it somewhat clearer, but I'm no scientist either so forgive my mistakes.

Regards,
John

This is the third of four lectures on a rather difficult subject -- the theory of quantum electrodynamics -- and since there are obviously more people here tonight than there were before, some of you haven't heard the other two lectures and will find this lecture incomprehensible. Those of you who have heard the other two lectures will also find this lecture incomprehensible, but you know that that's all right: as I explained in the first lecture, the way we have to describe Nature is generally incomprehensible to us. - Richard Feynman

Thanks for this really interesting article, I think I'll have to come back to it a few times to get it into my head around it.

I saw some potential overlap with the more recent ideas about soliton propagation on/along the microtubular surface. Some ideas out there, suggesting that microtubular tails are exquisitely sensitive to EM fields, setting up soliton propagation in the brain.

Back