Reincarnation into the past.

Until now I haven't read a single acount of a soul reincarnating into the past, as in dying and reincarnating 100 or 200 years before one's death. Since the spirit world, from what I understand, is in a higher dimension with access to all of Earth's timeline and other parallel versions of it, I guess it is possible that reincarnating in the past is quite likely. Yet the books by Michael Newton, Brian Weiss etc. don't mention any example of this sort. Suppose I have a strong fondness for the 60's period, how would I act upon it? Any thoughts?

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/short_topics#short_topics_reincarnation

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/experiences/thomas-sawyer.html
Thomas Sawyer's Near-Death Experience
Reincarnation is not a linear thing. One of the problems in defining it is that there is no analogy to it. It is outside of time, yet we can't help but think of it in terms of the past and the future, and this incarnation. The whole story is so big and so involved.​

http://v-j-enterprises.com/myers/BeyondHumanPersonality.pdf

BEYOND HUMAN PERSONALITY
Being a detailed description of the Future life
purporting to be communicated by the late
F. W. H. Myers
[Frederic William Henry Myers, 1843-1901]
Containing an account of the gradual development of
human personality into cosmic personality
through
GERALDINE CUMMINS​

Chapter IV
REINCARNATION

But the majority of
people only reincarnate two, three or four times. Though if they have some human purpose
or plan to achieve they may return as many as eight or nine times. No arbitrary figure can be
named.
It is not necessary for us to return to earth to gather into our granary this manifold variety of
life and knowledge. We can reap, bind and bring much of it home by participating in the life
of our group-soul. Many belong to it and these may spread themselves in their journeys over
past, present and future.
Indeed in the Group, we speak of the life of a man as a "journey."
Very well. I have not, at any time, been a member of the yellow races, but there are souls in
my Group who have known and lived that eastern life, and I may, and do, enter into every
act and emotion in their past chronicles.

Through our communal existence I perceive and feel the drama in the earthly journey of a
Buddhist priest, of an American merchant, of an Italian painter, and I am, if I assimilate the
life thus lived, spared the living of it in the flesh.

Since the spirit world, from what I understand, is in a higher dimension with access to all of Earth's timeline and other parallel versions of it, I guess it is possible that reincarnating in the past is quite likely.

Speculations. From all the reincarnation reports that I've read (and they've been hundreds), not a single one mentions somebody from the future reincarnating in the present. I am a simple practical person - if I don't see somebody from the future reincarnating, there's no such possibility in my worldview.

I've always considered that the same problems and paradoxes which arise from considerations of time travel apply just as much to this version as to any other. For example a person going back in time and killing their own grandparent, so they are never born in this current life ... and so on.

In regard to reincarnation, the reason we know about it is because there is transfer of information. In my view, the same issues of information transfer apply here, receiving information from the future seems at best fragmentary, and more often limited simply because the future hasn't happened yet, it contains possibilities not yet solidified into actualities. To me it doesn't seem that reincarnation provides any sort of solution to get around these problems of future time in our physical world.

I liken the spiritual plane to a higher dimension, like those postulated by string theorists. Basically it incorporates our space-time dimension along with other possible realities. Its timeless aspect has been mentioned many times by channeling sessions and past life regression sessions.

From what I read in Newton's books, higher beings or soul guides have access to Earth's timeline, for example when they plan a lifetime for a particular soul. This "holographic" display of a soul's timeline includes many possibilities of how that life might go, instances where the soul can exercise its free will and deviate from the established life plan. But that particular life can take place any time in the past or future. Maybe there is a law that forbids it, a principle that doesn't allow reincarnating in the past, having something to do with soul evolution.

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/experiences/thomas-sawyer.html
Thomas Sawyer's Near-Death Experience

"The soul doesn't evolve, the personality does. To state that the soul evolves at all is not correct. Your personality can be evolved - highly evolved, lesser evolved, or no evolvement at all to where you're just stagnant. You have the ability to create negative karma. To go backwards, to be born with certain characteristics and personality that can be culturally conditioned, or decommissioned, if you will, and go pretty much backwards. You can actually lose a little bit in your actual evolvement to a spiritual recognition, a spiritual reality."​

I have never thought it in quite these term. I am somewhat concerned as the older I get the less I want to connect with other people and I'm pretty sure this is not an enlightened approach to living this life. Of course this doesn't apply to my kids or my dog, but pretty much everyone else including other family members. Anyone have any thoughts on that?​

Speculations. From all the reincarnation reports that I've read (and they've been hundreds), not a single one mentions somebody from the future reincarnating in the present. I am a simple practical person - if I don't see somebody from the future reincarnating, there's no such possibility in my worldview.

I actually commented here earlier saying that I think I'm one such person although deleted it thinking it was too crazy. Although not actually "the future" or "the past" or even anything like that. The story I'm expected to believe from a combination of spirits claiming to be long time friends and the "memories" suggests it goes far, far beyond that. Out into other dimensions with different but similar expressions of the laws of physics or even different physics entirely. It also suggests that there is no real past, present, or future just different points in space-time on an infinite, overlapping, infinite lauyered set of matjhematical curves which pretty much define everything about everything. Layers upon layers of infinites. Thus yes, technically, depending how you define it, people can incarnate in "the future" but it wouldn't actually be "the future" by any literal definition although it would still be functionally "the future" from a reference point in "the past.".

It's something I have a hate/hate-slightly-less relationship with talking about since there's absolutely no possible way for me to prove it. It's not exactly like I can just look up some historical newspaper clippings for something that never happened in this universe even if it did happen on an
"earth" during a "time" where newspaper clipping would be avaliable from. I've been working on acquiring the means to conduct a couple experiments that would prove or disprove it definitively for myself, but such experiments would still do nothing to prove it to anyone else. Along the way I've been working on testing the claims of the past life knowledge especially as far as physics is concerned to see if it actually works the way the knowledge says. I've gotten plenty of little confirmations but nothing I could show to anyone else and expect them to take seriously. Unfortunately it also explains pretty much everything about the paranormal crap I have had to deal with and still deal with in this life.

So no matter what I do I'm pretty sure discussing it just makes me sound totally insane.

From what I read in Newton's books, higher beings or soul guides have access to Earth's timeline, for example when they plan a lifetime for a particular soul. This "holographic" display of a soul's timeline includes many possibilities of how that life might go, instances where the soul can exercise its free will and deviate from the established life plan. But that particular life can take place any time in the past or future. Maybe there is a law that forbids it, a principle that doesn't allow reincarnating in the past, having something to do with soul evolution.

This sounds like an incredibly abusable totalitarian system. The ability to determine the parametes of someones life experience could easily be used as a weapon to condition people to accept whatever worldview those with the power want. And of course said class would tell everyone "don't worry, we're doing this for your own good, because life is sacred and we love you sooooo much." And of course it's true, because they said so, right? They could easily dole out good life experiences (wealth, peace, loving family, etc) to people who obey their rules and act like good little slave- I mean students and dole out bad life experiences to rebels and free thinkers. Under the guise of "promoting soul evolution" of course. Slowly conditioning populations of souls into whatever it is the overlords want them to believe and do.

It's basically 1984: God Edition

They could easily dole out good life experiences (wealth, peace, loving family, etc) to people who obey their rules and act like good little slave- I mean students and dole out bad life experiences to rebels and free thinkers.
Question: who are "they"?

I don't refer to any particular source of information on this, however it may be that a person makes one's own life plan, there is no "other", no "they". Nothing is imposed by one on another in that planning. Such ideas only apply in this world, where all that planning is forgotten, the ego takes over and the greatest difficulty is in trying to remember who one is. Not in the sense of recalling an identity, though that can be important to some, but simply recalling one's nature, to know what is real and what is dust.

This sounds like an incredibly abusable totalitarian system. The ability to determine the parametes of someones life experience could easily be used as a weapon to condition people to accept whatever worldview those with the power want. And of course said class would tell everyone "don't worry, we're doing this for your own good, because life is sacred and we love you sooooo much." And of course it's true, because they said so, right? They could easily dole out good life experiences (wealth, peace, loving family, etc) to people who obey their rules and act like good little slave- I mean students and dole out bad life experiences to rebels and free thinkers. Under the guise of "promoting soul evolution" of course. Slowly conditioning populations of souls into whatever it is the overlords want them to believe and do.

It's basically 1984: God Edition

I was heavily influenced by Newton's book early on, partly because it was my first spiritual book on reincarnation and past life regression, and because it offered a structure that attempted to explain the workings of karma. As of now, I incline towards the messier view of writers like Robert Monroe and Jurgen Ziewe, where souls are pretty much left to their own devices in the astral planes or whatever. It is interesting to contrast the two systems of metaphysics, the Newton Institute of Lives between Lives Hypnotherapy and the Monroe Institute, since both have a structured system of concepts and terms designed to describe the afterlife.

Reactions: Red
I was heavily influenced by Newton's book early on, partly because it was my first spiritual book on reincarnation and past life regression, and because it offered a structure that attempted to explain the workings of karma. As of now, I incline towards the messier view of writers like Robert Monroe and Jurgen Ziewe, where souls are pretty much left to their own devices in the astral planes or whatever. It is interesting to contrast the two systems of metaphysics, the Newton Institute of Lives between Lives Hypnotherapy and the Monroe Institute, since both have a structured system of concepts and terms designed to describe the afterlife.

This is quite a good description of the Focus levels adapted from Monroe's trilogy.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/w..._is_phasing_and_how_can_i_do_it-t17413.0.html

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

Question: who are "they"?

I don't refer to any particular source of information on this, however it may be that a person makes one's own life plan, there is no "other", no "they". Nothing is imposed by one on another in that planning. Such ideas only apply in this world, where all that planning is forgotten, the ego takes over and the greatest difficulty is in trying to remember who one is. Not in the sense of recalling an identity, though that can be important to some, but simply recalling one's nature, to know what is real and what is dust.

I wasn't claiming that there is a "they" in terms of a separarate person or group but rather that in teh case that there is/were a seperate person or group organizing and enacting such a plan then that person or group has an ability which could and certainly would be abused for personal gain.

That being said, my personal experience with the paranormal throughout this life suggests that this may be the case at least some of the time. It's a debate I've had over and over again with various spirits about the methods some of them claim to use. Namely the use of religion or at least religious sounding language and concepts to "teach" humans." My major dissagreement with this is that they're just lying and they know it. Thus I doubt their claims of being benevolent teachers who are only trying to help. Rather, that is just what they tell people as part of their manipulation, and I have a lot of reasons to believe this.

Some know and fully admit it's all bullshit and make a game out of whispering things to people, especially religious, gullible people, that they want to hear and manipulating those people into believing and doing things that can ruin their and other's lives. Knowing that there will be no consequences to them for such manipulation. Others seem to truly believe that teaching in this manner is neccessary and do have good intentions but can't see their own bigotry and narccissism. Their defense ultimately boils down to "well humans are really dumb and aren't capable of learning any other way" which isn't an argument but they usually aren't interested in talking much after I point that out. Some try to be more insidious about it and act as if they genuinely care but describe protocols and methods straight out of a cult leader handbook. Things such as putting a person in a religious life surrounded by other religious people, creating a "religious afterlife" that they enter when they die to confirm the religion they were brought up to believe during the previous life, rinse and repeat. Creating a closed loop of life experience that constantly confirms itself to the soul. Claiming that they close the person off from outside knowledge "until they're ready" which is of course decided by the people lying to the soul in the first place. And I'm sure there's absolutely no conflicts of interest, ulterior motives, or abuse whatsoever in that system... because they said so.

The idea being that if you put someone through enough loops then it doesn't really matter that they can't consciously remember everything about their past lives. They will always have an intuitive feeling of familiarity that still seeps through. The more loops confirming the same bias, the stronger the intuition about it, the more likely the person is to gravitate towards and accept the worldview during that life. I don't know if direct conscious memory would help or hinder such a system given the possibility of someone suspecting they're just being manipulated if given the time to look at the scenarios from an outside perspective. Perhaps feeling and of course, teaching people to trust their feelings, serves the manipulation better. I don't really know.

Things got violent for awhile between about 2010 - 2011 which taught me that things on the spirit plane can harm and kill things on the physical plane and vice versa. Although of course knowing how to defend yourself from such attacks is evil and teaching others how to defend themselves is dangerous and apocalyptic.... because they said so. It's likely the lion's share of the reason that someone or something tries to attack and/or shove me back in my body whenever I OOBE whether induced or not. Sometimes someone else will pull me out just to attack me although it's very rare these days and hasn't happened consistently for years.

The most frustrating thing about it is that I got hammered for months by spirits trying to pull all the religious bullshit on me when I first started consciously astral projecting until they eventually realized that I wasn't religious and thus wasn't a complete moron. So whenever anyone tries using the "humans are just dumb and can't understand" argument I ask them "well what about me?" to which they reply "well.... you're different" which isn't an argument. But of course, try telling them that.

The textbook example of this was in 2014, maybe around april or march or something, I don't remember, where a couple people induced a shared dream with me. One of them started introducing himself in very religious terms, I don't remember exactly what they said anymore. But they also spoke using a "upon high" tone. At least until his partner cut him off with a sharp "We don't need to do that with this one!" The other one paused, probably a little shocked and embarrassed, cleared his throat and started the introduction again. this time it was totally normal, I don't remember the wording verbatim anymore but it was essentially "Hi I'm Bob, and this is my supervisor Jim, and I know this all looks really real right now but it's actually just a big metaphor." To which I sarcastically thought to myself "Yes, thank you, I have been in a shared dream before."

It wasn't just the religious bullshit titles and terms, their tone had completely changed from talking down at me to talking to me like an equal. It represented the fundamental problem I have with their methods. They make themselves out to be something they're not, better than other people. somehow more important. It's not an equal exchange, humans are just these poor, dumb, weak little creatures who don't know any better and couldn't possibly fend for themselves whereas we're the smart, civilized, powerful people who must take on the heavy burden of enlightening these savages.

But nothing I say is ever going to make a difference because I'm not the one in control.

Many other spirits, namely those who are native to that plane, believe the stereotypes about humans, that humans are dumb. worship anything they don't understand or that has power, don't have magic, are inherently weak, etc, largely because they don't have much if any personal experioence with humans themselves and have no reason to question such stereotypes as a result. So, infuriatingly, I usually get mistaken for a native spirit when I project and meet someone new. Based solely on the fact that I am "not dumb" and "have magic." I don't blame them for it though because it's understandable. Especially when other humans do go up there and ask shit like "what spiritual level am I on?" like what Jurgen Ziewe said he did once during his Skeptiko interview. With the unsurprisnging response being a blank stare because of how ridiculous such a question sounds to some random dude who just lives there. Like walking into a Starbucks and asking the barista "Is this where God lives?"

I could go on but I've been rambling for far too long. I didn't realize how long this comment was getting. But I hope it's at least somewhat explanatory and not competely batshit insane. Although I'm not holding my breath on the second part.

Back