Rupert Sheldrake's new book

Rupert Sheldrake has updated his book called "The science delusion" in the UK (a slightly different name - "Science Set Free" in the US).

This update should be available in all he versions of this book, but there is some confusion - which I pointed out to Rupert - and he assures me he is going to get this sorted - so if you want to buy this book, please make sure you pick up the new edition.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Science-De...ywords=rupert+sheldrake&qid=1597693673&sr=8-3

Meanwhile here is a talk in which he describes his original book and the new information available in the new edition.

David

Rupert Sheldrake has updated his book called "The science delusion" in the UK (a slightly different name - "Science Set Free" in the US).

This update should be available in all he versions of this book, but there is some confusion - which I pointed out to Rupert - and he assures me he is going to get this sorted - so if you want to buy this book, please make sure you pick up the new edition.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Science-De...ywords=rupert+sheldrake&qid=1597693673&sr=8-3

Meanwhile here is a talk in which he describes his original book and the new information available in the new edition.

David
Rupert Sheldrake is invariably interesting!

Just to pick up one detail here. He explained how experiments show that male mice who are trained that the smell acetophenone is followed by an electric shock, pass this on to their offspring. Clearly orthodox Darwinism does not explain this phenomenon, but my question is whether orthodox epigenetics could explain it either - assuming any number of other smelly (but not too toxic) organic chemicals could have been used instead.

My point is that there could be thousands of chemicals suitable for this experiment, and unless the experiment isn't very selective, it boggles the mind that there would be enough variations of methyl group placements to code for so many possibilities. Moreover, perhaps the mice could be trained to respond to combinations of chemicals!

David

Back