Schizophrenia or Spirit Possession, and interview with Mike Williamson

Maybe 3 things or more. Trauma, spirits, chemical imbalance. I was kind of thinking trauma & chemicals because if you look at some people who hit their head, went into a coma then come out speaking 7 languages, math skills off the charts or painters. I mean like the idiot savants. It's the brain. Imagine if we could actually figure out how to rewire the brain so we could be on THAT level. wow. I don't want to believe in spirits. It's too freakin scary to me. Some weirdo enters into your body!? ouch.... nooooooo.

Okay 'Chemical Imbalance'? Just think about that for a moment. It is just pseudo scientific bollocks uttered 'scientists' to conceal the fact they haven't a clue.

How do you seriously imagine that a trauma plus some random 'unbalanced' assortment of chemicals is going to lead to "speaking 7 languages, math skills off the charts or painters"? This stuff inset in the brain - so rewiring it is pointless

Spirits have nothing to do with entering your body [well, mostly not] - at least in this context. Chill.

A couple of points:

• This was in a small town (maybe a couple of thousand residents) with little traffic. The road I was on was windy and so people are driving slowly anyway. There was very little chance of me actually being hit by a car.
  • There has anyway got to be a better response to "This guy is standing too close to traffic and isn't interested in responding to us in any depth" than "Throw him into a psych ward for a few weeks/months, and force-feed him psychotropic medication during that time even if he doesn't want it".
Lock up the paranoids who think he's a threat to them instead? Might sober some of them up/

Okay 'Chemical Imbalance'? Just think about that for a moment. It is just pseudo scientific bollocks uttered 'scientists' to conceal the fact they haven't a clue.

How do you seriously imagine that a trauma plus some random 'unbalanced' assortment of chemicals is going to lead to "speaking 7 languages, math skills off the charts or painters"? This stuff inset in the brain - so rewiring it is pointless

Spirits have nothing to do with entering your body [well, mostly not] - at least in this context. Chill.
^^
I didn't want to get long-winded about it. We are made of chemicals, many of them. Hence you get all kinds of stuff you have to "fix" with chemicals. I wasn't saying that it was "both" a chemical imbalance & trauma. It could be one or the other, or even something we don't even know yet.

In regards to all of a sudden waking up speaking other languages or the other things that have happened to people, that is trauma. The idiot savant (hate the word "idiot") is born this way. Their wires are crossed in the brain. It has to be the brain/it's not the arm or leg.

I'm not a psychiatrist (I just play one on the internet/lol)... I'd have to study it. But that must be one VERY scary thing to have. I would imagine something might be crossed in the brain, but that doesn't explain why it comes on when people are in their 20's (?). I'd have to read on it & investigate.

I'm trying to think about it now... I kind of think our brains can be like receivers. Some people pray & swear they heard Jesus or other beings. Right now I'm working on the misfolding of proteins (in regards to amyloids). That stuff will mess up man & beast. Once it misfolds it travels the body & settles on different parts (heart, liver, kidney, brain) all kinds of nasty. It's like a goo that will grow on that organ & mess it up.

There is ONE thing I do know. There is an answer to everything. You just have to find it.

Okay, I looked up something, amyloids does NOT play in schizophrenia. So we move on. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12727689

So for those no informed on this thing:

Risk factors
Having a family history of schizophrenia. Increased immune system activation, such as from inflammation or autoimmune diseases. Older age of the father. Some pregnancy and birth complications, such as malnutrition or exposure to toxins or viruses that may impact brain development.

Okay, so it seems maybe an anti-inflammatory medication should be tried. But, again I haven't studied it.

^^
I didn't want to get long-winded about it. We are made of chemicals, many of them. Hence you get all kinds of stuff you have to "fix" with chemicals. I wasn't saying that it was "both" a chemical imbalance & trauma. It could be one or the other, or even something we don't even know yet.
I'm not sure of the line you are taking here. Do you mean that we are only a bunch of chemicals? Is there anything else apart from the physical body?

In regards to all of a sudden waking up speaking other languages or the other things that have happened to people, that is trauma. The idiot savant (hate the word "idiot") is born this way. Their wires are crossed in the brain. It has to be the brain/it's not the arm or leg.

Okay, my point was that talking about a chemical imbalance in the brain is meaningless because it doesn't say anything. It just sounds like it should. You could reduce a lot of ailments to being 'chemical imbalances'. Its like saying a ship sinks because of impaired floatation.

The idea that any of these strange 'skills' such as what 'idiot savants' and others perform by virtue of birth or trauma manifest because a reservoir of competencies reside in the brain is nuts. Is there part of the brain that stores French?.

Materialism forces idiot ideas because it rules out alternatives. I see you are not into spirits because of an aversion to the idea, rather than any actual evidence. I am not into parachuting for the same reason. I am unashamedly irrational about jumping out of planes with a large cloth and a bunch of string - even though I know you mostly don't die when you do it. But I don't offer theories about parachuting or deny it exists.

If you can't do spirit you can't do Akashic Records, and a whole bunch of ideas that make trauma induced skills comprehensible. So you are stuck with the idea that the brain stores information and capabilities - not because there is any evidence it does - but because there is no alternative answer available, given the model of reality that is crafted and permitted.

Okay, my point was that talking about a chemical imbalance in the brain is meaningless because it doesn't say anything. It just sounds like it should. You could reduce a lot of ailments to being 'chemical imbalances'. Its like saying a ship sinks because of impaired floatation.

The idea that any of these strange 'skills' such as what 'idiot savants' and others perform by virtue of birth or trauma manifest because a reservoir of competencies reside in the brain is nuts. Is there part of the brain that stores French?.

Materialism forces idiot ideas because it rules out alternatives. I see you are not into spirits because of an aversion to the idea, rather than any actual evidence. I am not into parachuting for the same reason. I am unashamedly irrational about jumping out of planes with a large cloth and a bunch of string - even though I know you mostly don't die when you do it. But I don't offer theories about parachuting or deny it exists.

If you can't do spirit you can't do Akashic Records, and a whole bunch of ideas that make trauma induced skills comprehensible. So you are stuck with the idea that the brain stores information and capabilities - not because there is any evidence it does - but because there is no alternative answer available, given the model of reality that is crafted and permitted.
^^
I'm not ruling out "spirits" I just... I don't like it. It creeps me out to think some nasty voodoo spirit can climb inside me & do their dirty. Maybe they've done it, but... I still don't like it. There IS the collective unconscious (or Akashic records) mama taught me that. I know this. It doesn't mean some demon can crawl inside us. I can't argue it because I've never seen it. I've seen them on youtube, movies & documentaries. But... nothing looked real to me. Not REALLY floating up into the air alone. They can contort, throw up, act like a scary thing, but.. a lot of insanity can act like a scary thing.

Now, I saw a program where a savant started painting like (I think it was Rembrandt/I could find it if you want). BUT, the thing was he started painting his paintings THEN he progressed as if he WERE Rembrandt. In other words, he continued on his painting skills. The people speaking other languages I haven't researched them, maybe they heard it & some part of their brain retained that information to spout it back out. I don't think French is in the brain already (but then who would believe I'd be writing to you 20 years ago?). A lot changes of our understanding of things.

Of course, there are chemical imbalances. I don't understand what you are saying.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, someone was asking me about schizophrenia... and I found this "In humans, acute infection with the cat virus "T. gondii" can produce psychotic symptoms similar to those displayed by persons with schizophrenia. Two other studies found that exposure to cats in childhood was a risk factor for the development of schizophrenia."

OH and I agree with you about jumping out of an airplane. Because it is stupid to risk your life when others depend on us (and somebody is going to have to clean up that mess). I will risk if I have to, but just risking to get a thrill... I can find a lot of things to thrill me rather than exposing myself to undo death.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the line you are taking here. Do you mean that we are only a bunch of chemicals? Is there anything else apart from the physical body?
^^
We are made up of chemicals, bugs and let me think here, nitrogen, calcium, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, chlorine, phosphorus, sulfur, sodium, potassium, magnesium. I believe it is 11 chemicals. So water is H20 (that's on the list above). Yes, that is what we are made of.

I think where you are going is the brains function? You're really making me earn my supper, let me think, the brain is grey & white matter. Grey is neurons (they get & transmit signals). White matter is the dendrites & axons. The neurons use the dendrites & axons to transmit signals.

Are you talking like the spirit? Or maybe the "soul"? Well, life or consciousness doesn't start at conception. THAT comes later. I can prove that . I mean it CAN start at conception, but it can be delayed & stopped for years. My son was frozen for 5 years as an embryo, so there is that. He lives today :-)

HENCE, if we think about it, we might just be a bunch of radio (receivers). I mean we could be allll kinds of things. You're going to make me go to the quarks level aren't ya? lol Quarks are the smallest particles we have discovered at this time (I think). We'd have to call CERN to confirm.

But, that isn't what you were meaning. You were meaning do we have a "soul". Right? Like a spirit comes into us & makes us who we are? Hang on a second... didn't somebody write the spirit molecule?

Let me look it up: "DMT: The Spirit Molecule makes the bold case that DMT, naturally released by the pineal gland, facilitates the soul's movement in and out of the body and is an integral part of the birth and death experiences, as well as the highest states of meditation and even sexual transcendence. "

Bah, I think I'm going with we are receivers. We're wired as such (maybe). We could be avatars. AND IF SO, SOMEBODY has a LOT of explaining to do.

I do know for a FACT we can know the future before it happens. That is absolutely true. Not sure what THAT means and I'm too tired to think about it (again).

Thank you Atlantis for your generously thorough reply. It is appreciated.

By the way, my personal perspective is strongly influenced by evidence of past lives, however you may wish to interpret that. Hence I consider we neither begin nor end in this present life. We simply dwell here for a while (in my opinion).

Consequently, I am completely unable to use the expression "we are made of" in any meaningful way, the matter is beyond my current understanding. There are words I could use, some more useful than others, but they really only postpone the answer, by attaching a label which itself signifies something unknown.

Last edited:
I’m quite surprised that nobody seems to have mentioned “thirty years among the dead” by Carl Wickland here. He spent a great deal of time documenting his experiences with patients experiencing mental health problems. It’s worth reading.

Last edited:
I’m quite surprised that nobody seems to have mentioned “thirty years among the dead” by Carl Wickland here. He spent a great deal of time documenting his experiences with patients experiencing mental health problems. It’s worth reading.

It's one of those books I keep on seeing being recommended and have thought would be worth a read, but haven't yet gotten around to.

Thank you Atlantis for your generously thorough reply. It is appreciated.

By the way, my personal perspective is strongly influenced by evidence of past lives, however you may wish to interpret that. Hence I consider we neither begin nor end in this present life. We simply dwell here for a while (in my opinion).

Consequently, I am completely unable to use the expression "we are made of" in any meaningful way, the matter is beyond my current understanding. There are words I could use, some more useful than others, but they really only postpone the answer, by attaching a label which itself signifies something unknown.
^^
Love you Typoz. Reincarnation makes so much sense to me, I want to believe that. It would explain so much, why we are not born on an even playing field from the jump. I believe that the dead sea scrolls discovered (I think in the 40's) talked about Jesus saying reincarnation was true.

The older I get the more I have no idea, we are barely out of the trees. But, reincarnation makes the most sense to me. That said, I'm thinking I don't want to "reincarnate" on this rock again. I've seen enough. My personal plan is to ask to be a "greeter" for new arrivals. Then in my spare time, I'd like to invent new flowers & bugs (maybe birds too). :-)

It's one of those books I keep on seeing being recommended and have thought would be worth a read, but haven't yet gotten around to.
It’s not an easy read but Wickland did invest a lot of his life (not to mention his reputation) in the research. IIRC he was the chief psychiatrist at a hospital.

good one. thanks for the Heads up. do you know if anyone directly following up on his work?

One point that Dr Malcolm Kendrick says on his blog, is that inflammation is normally a response to something - so it is too easy to just suppress the inflammation. A lot of people blame heart disease on inflammation of the arteries where the plaques form. However, strangely, most of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatories have been found to increase the risk of heart disease if taken regularly!

David

If we accept for a moment that our minds exist outside of bodies - and maybe even reincarnate after death - then it seems reasonable to me that our physical brains somehow facilitate the attachment of a mind to the brain. Therefore some kind of physical fault might make that attachment less secure, and possibly let other minds become involved.

David

good one. thanks for the Heads up. do you know if anyone directly following up on his work?
Not that I know of Alex, at least not to the extent Wickland did. There have been a couple of people thing something similar but their names escape me.

I wonder what you mean by 'not an easy read'?

David
Just that there are so many cases cited that after a while it became a bit tedious reading them. The content on the other hand, the period over which the data was collected, and the implications if true I found both fascinating and disturbing.

Back