Skeptiko - A Conversation with Alex Tsakiris, Deep Awake Dialogue 13

I really liked the fact that Tim's interview was a direct discussion, without all the crazy sounds, and freakiness that seems to accompany some of the ψ-related podcasts on the internet. When talking about psychic ideas, I don't think there really is any need to add extra effects!

I still have to finish the interview, but I liked it so far.

@Alex You mentioned an interview with a famous sceptic (whose mane escapes me), when you you expect that podcast will be ready?

@Alex I do think you should have pointed out that a lot of photons go through those slits, and only a few get 'observed' by the meditators - i.e. the change is a small statistical change.

Near the end, the discussion got on to the fact that Jesus appears in some/many NDE's experienced by Christians.

I think it is correct to say that other religious figures appear to people of other faiths.

I wonder if some of the major groupings of people (including religious groupings) continue beyond death, at least for a while. This might explain this phenomenon. To be honest, I am never sure what Christ Consciousness is supposed to mean.

David

Last edited:
I really liked the fact that Tim's interview was a direct discussion, without all the crazy sounds, and freakiness that seems to accompany some of the ψ-related podcasts on the internet. When talking about psychic ideas, I don't think there really is any need to add extra effects!

I still have to finish the interview, but I liked it so far.

@Alex You mentioned an interview with a famous sceptic (whose mane escapes me), when you you expect that podcast will be ready?

@Alex I do think you should have pointed out that a lot of photons go through those slits, and only a few get 'observed' by the meditators - i.e. the change is a small statistical change.

Near the end, the discussion got on to the fact that Jesus appears in some/many NDE's experienced by Christians.

I think it is correct to say that other religious figures appear to people of other faiths.

I wonder if some of the major groupings of people (including religious groupings) continue beyond death, at least for a while. This might explain this phenomenon. To be honest, I am never sure what Christ Consciousness is supposed to mean.

David

Jesus would appear, in the occult Jesus would be considered an entity/deity.

An occult guest would be nice, it will tie up SOME loose ends

Richard mentioned that he had compiled some of the mystical comments by well-known scientists. I wonder if that is available anywhere. Could not find such on his website.

Richard mentioned that he had compiled some of the mystical comments by well-known scientists. I wonder if that is available anywhere. Could not find such on his website.

Hello Andrew - (Just found my way onto the forum), I must have been referring to the book 'Quantum Questions' by Ken Wilber. It's a compilation of mystical writings by the prominent physicists of the early 20th century.

Back