***Skeptiko NDE Documentaries Thread*** - and other related

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by Pollux, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Typoz

Typoz Member

My personal opinion, it's fine as a metaphor, a way of describing the indescribable in terms we can relate to. I don't think it should be taken literally, any more than when someone says "It's raining cats and dogs" we should expect to find actual cats and actual dogs falling from the sky.

LetsEat, K9! and Trancestate like this.
  2. Red

Red New

Veridical NDE's

Ian Gordon, Pollux and K9! like this.
  3. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

I don't know if this has been posted before. A 1988 UK documentary about NDEs with Peter Fenwick, with a special focus on the OBE and veridical aspects. Includes Michael Sabom and his experiences with his patients, including an interview with the night watchman. Very good on showing how the NDErs are seeing themselves in their OBE.

Courtesy of tim.

Red, Pollux, Typoz and 2 others like this.
  4. Typoz

Typoz Member

That was from the days when the BBC would allow such subjects to appear on a television science programme. Nowadays it's more likely to appear in the religious slot on radio - with the added bonus of an obligatory debunker.

Red, Trancestate, K9! and 3 others like this.
  5. Pollux

Pollux New

I think the case of the obligatory debunker has always been the case for any program on British TV (at least on BBC) for `donkeys years´. I think it's a broadcast-law that; if any/all program contains something regarding the paranormal - in a format of it being proposed as a real possible phenomenon - a "residual debunker" most have a place in the program, and literally say that; `this is all bunk, and there is no scientific evidence for its existence´.

I remember Susan Blackmore use to complain about being a "rent-a-skeptic" every time BBC broadcasted some program on the topic. She was hired ("rented") to sit in on those program drivelling her "skeptic shtick". Likewise with Richard Wiseman.

6. Typoz

Typoz Member

But not in the QED video posted by Ian Gordon on which I commented?

I am aware that in the UK there is nowadays a stupidity whereby certain programmes must be preceded by a warning that "this programme is for entertainment purposes only" which is often deeply inappropriate given the real-life traumatic situations which follow. However this a result of fairly recent broadcast law and doesn't appear to require the programme content itself to be changed.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. Pollux

Pollux New

I'm not exactly sure when this regulation was imposed - if it was after 1988. I know though that when they have a psychic on a show talking on the subject of mediumship, or when there is different debates/discussions on ghost etc. there is almost always a skeptic present to vent their disdain. I think its often in "sofa-interviews" and those kinds of situations when they are discussing the subject that they have them on. We have a few Brits on the forum here maybe they can shed a light on this.

I dont think there has to be a skeptic in every pre-recorded documentaries they are showing on these subjects, or on regular shows like Most Haunted etc. I think there is mostly in these studio interviews/debates, or in different "sofa-programs", where they are "wheeled in" to declare the skeptic dogma on the subject.

8. Typoz

Typoz Member

Pollux, Steve, K9! and 2 others like this.
  9. Ian Gordon

From one woman’s near-death experience, comes an astounding story that explores the depths of man’s beginnings and the very blueprint of creation. Clinical psychologist, Dr. Kathy Forti, shares how her heart stopped and she was helped to return to Earth by multi-dimensional beings of light whose goal is to bring healing to our world. With this new guidance, she journeyed into the realm of physics and sacred geometry, and learned how key mathematical information affects the consciousness of the cells.

Dr. Forti’s mystical experiences will forever alter your concepts about life, healing, and man’s true potential for evolutionary change. This revealing and insightful story speaks to the very essence of our soul’s purpose - to find a greater connection to the God Source in all living things. As strange as the experience was to fully understand at the time, over the next few years it became a magnificent obsession to research and compile information on quantum physics, cellular regeneration, and many other related fields.

Near-Death, Quantum Physics & Cellular Regeneration by Dr Kathy J. Forti at the 2015 NEXUS Conference.

K9!, Typoz, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ian Gordon

Rev. Keith reflects on his near death experience and what he's learned (and still learning today) at the Center for Creative Living in San Jose, CA on May 7, 2017. "In my home town of Tribune Kansas on my 14th birthday August 10th, 1949, I was kicked in the stomach by a horse. According to my friends, I was dead for just about half an hour. No heartbeat, no breath. I don’t really know about that, I was elsewhere. Where I was seemed to be “in-between” realities. What happened there has directed the course of my life, both subconsciously, and consciously after I recovered the memories of the experience many years later. Those memories are the stuff of science fiction, except that it wasn’t fiction. To this day, I still have trouble comprehending what I was told and shown during that experience, it still seems to supply information that was more than the brain and life experience of a 14 year old teenager in Western Kansas was able to comprehend. The information seems to become available as the future unfolds."

K9!, Typoz, Pollux and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ian Gordon

A near death experience (or near death like one) at the age of 8 years of age - foretold my future some 50 years in advance. The information turned out to be truly a prophesy as I would discover.

K9!, Pollux and Typoz like this.
  12. Ian Gordon

Red, K9!, oleo and 1 other person like this.
  13. K9!

K9! New

Ian Gordon and Trancestate like this.
  14. Ian Gordon

K9! likes this.
  15. K9!

K9! New

If you right click on FB videos, you can get the url.

Trancestate and Ian Gordon like this.
  16. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Mel Van Dusen interviews Pim van Lommel (May 2017):

Doug

LetsEat, K9!, Red and 3 others like this.
  17. K9!

K9! New

18. K9!

K9! New

19. K9!

K9! New

A while back Steve asked about a story told by Raymond Moody:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2017081...orum.com/threads/raymond-moody-question.1090/

(note: because the original question was posted in "other", I archived the thread at archive.org and used the archived link)

The story was Jeff Olsen's, and he recently did an interview with his doctor, who claims to have experienced Jeff's deceased wife visiting the ER.
    https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/08/12

20. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.