Space Scientist Finds Road Blocked By UFO

But now? Where the hell are the photos now? :)
There are some photos but yeah none that are unchangeable to a nay-sayer or a genuine skeptic. However I don't find that lack surprising.

- If there are any ETC or ODC buzzing Earth then clearly, in areas of tech, they're ahead of humanity. Also clearly they don't want to make a public appearance. Given those two things I'd expect that could cloak in ways that prevent clear images. Add in that reported effects range from stopping electronics to exert a strong mental influence and even altering memory and it seems quite plausible.

OTOH if what someone sees is some sort of human craft, I'd expect that they'd snap a reasonably clear photo.

Actually, I don't really understand the difference between direct and indirect perception, in spite of having read descriptions multiple times. What the heck does it mean to be directly aware of an object versus aware of our representations of the object?

Since I very much doubt that people actually travel in time, either quickly or for extended periods, I'd go with a different explanation.

~~ Paul

I too doubt people literally travel in time in the way portrayed in popular fiction. But using the same explanation that I've spoken to you about before. I suspect that in particular circumstances, and if sensory patterns of em activation of the network within the 'present', are coherant with patterns from the 'past' that were strongly emotional, then it may be possible to temporarily experience a strong perception from the past. A poor analogy might be a bit like a railroad switch.

I'm forced into accepting that, otherwise I have no way of explaining Jung's Time-Slip, The Wotton Hatch time-slip etc. or other apparitional type repetitive haunting experiences. Neither do I have any way of explaining typical hospital NDE OBE's, or my own childhood telepathic type experience etc.

I'm forced into accepting that, otherwise I have no way of explaining Jung's Time-Slip, The Wotton Hatch time-slip etc. or other apparitional type repetitive haunting experiences. Neither do I have any way of explaining typical hospital NDE OBE's, or my own childhood telepathic type experience etc.
Are you sure the events actually happened? Perhaps the Allans, for example, simply conflated two memories.

~~ Paul

- If there are any ETC or ODC buzzing Earth then clearly, in areas of tech, they're ahead of humanity. Also clearly they don't want to make a public appearance. Given those two things I'd expect that could cloak in ways that prevent clear images. Add in that reported effects range from stopping electronics to exert a strong mental influence and even altering memory and it seems quite plausible.
A million alien abductions and not a single failure of the cloaking device? And where are all the 911 calls?

~~ Paul

I've had my own childhood experience, so I already accept that this stuff can happen over 'space', but I don't have any problem with it happening over 'time' either.
The thing is that he's a "functional materialist" so unless something has the same sort of evidence that we look to when considering the accepted standard physical phenomena, he will reject it.

Okay. Now you're just being silly. What I stated is a set of valid possibilities. So I think you've again shown that you're doing not skepticism but nay-saying.
You said:

"Given those two things I'd expect that could cloak in ways that prevent clear images."

What are the other possibilities? And where are all the 911 calls, I ask you?!

~~ Paul

The thing is that he's a "functional materialist" so unless something has the same sort of evidence that we look to when considering the accepted standard physical phenomena, he will reject it.
I'm happy to consider other sorts of evidence? What do you have in mind? Surely not just "I think it happened, so it did."

~~ Paul

You said:

"Given those two things I'd expect that could cloak in ways that prevent clear images."

What are the other possibilities? And where are all the 911 calls, I ask you?!

~~ Paul
- That is part of what I stated.
- There are, at least, hundreds of known such 911 calls. That doesn't do a thing to validate the caller's conclusion of what they are seeing/experiencing.

I'm happy to consider other sorts of evidence? What do you have in mind? Surely not just "I think it happened, so it did."

~~ Paul
lol. This is why I used the term "functional materialist." You like to post as if you're really open-minded or genuinely skeptical - heck you might even think that you are - but your mindset is totally constrained by materialist beliefs. Why you don't just admit that is puzzling to me.

- That is part of what I stated.
I can't see any other explanation in what you stated.

- There are, at least, hundreds of known such 911 calls. That doesn't do a thing to validate the caller's conclusion of what they are seeing/experiencing.
There ought to be hundreds of thousands if there have been a million abductions. I'm not saying they validate anything, I'm just wondering where they are.

~~ Paul

lol. This is why I used the term "functional materialist." You like to post as if you're really open-minded or genuinely skeptical - heck you might even think that you are - but your mindset is totally constrained by materialist beliefs. Why you don't just admit that is puzzling to me.
I'm happy to admit it. What does that have to do with you telling me what other sorts of evidence you have in mind? Is it not possible to convey some ideas to a functional materialist?

~~ Paul

Back