Studies Say Facts Don't Change Beliefs, Debunking May Make Them Worse; Trust, Explanations Are Key

I was never in the old forum, Linda. If you want to pursue this, go ahead. You are going to look even more silly than you already do. The only place I posted was in the skeptiko comments (skeptiko show) box

I'm not going to pursue it. I believe you. It was my mistake and I apologize.

Linda

?? What ?

Let me try again.

Linda said >>Heck, you even made reference to my old signature in the old forum, earlier in this thread.

Er, no, Linda, you produced my old email which made reference to your preference of signing off every one of your posts.... Linda.

So that's another untruth. Yikes, you got any more ?

When I said this, I was referring to the bolded part:

Linda, I am reporting you. It doesn't bother me that you published our email exchange, anyone can see that it's all fair comment. YOU published your email
at the bottom of each post you made back then inviting anyone to contact you.

Something like >I can be contacted at a person somethng , something. com. Since you were telling lies about the denture case I was perfectly entitled to
contact you.

This refers to something I did on the old forum, not the new one.

Linda

I'm not going to pursue it. I believe you. It was my mistake and I apologize.

Linda

It's decent of you to apologize, Linda. But things are too far gone now so it's better that you don't, frankly. I am sometimes slightly "rude" to you but that is because of the way you operate. I don't believe you are sincere and you don't play fair, not cricket, rather to you it's a game of chess. To me it's about the truth of the matter, trusting that most researchers are sincere, honest and capable and can recognise a duck when it quacks.

You had no right to publish those emails without asking me, although it's true, I don't particularly care, I'm not ashamed of them. I was defending, Smithy and Rivas who are very sincere and thorough researchers . Your version (spin) on the denture case never happened, TG was the only one who can tell us anything about it from first hand and Smit and Rivas did a damn good job in getting right at the nitty gritty through him.

Can't you see how many people might find your curious manner of constructing ultra complicated inscrutable sentences, annoying ? You seem intelligent, you tell us you're a doctor. Do you know any doctors who communicate with each other in riddles ? Why do you do it ? You know it annoys others but you don't change. It's not clever, I don't think "God that woman is smart I can't understand any of her posts" but you seem to take pride in it somehow.

Last edited:
Tim.

So Tim on the old forum was simply somebody talked the same as you, down to the kind of vitriol used.

Okay. Then references to the old forum should be removed from my statement. And I apologize for thinking you were one and the same. You come across as identical to that "tim" and treated me with familiarity.

Linda
After further review, I have come to the realization that there is only one tim, and that I was mistaken in thinking some of our exchanges took place on the old forum. The email exchange was the only one which took place at that time.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure this out.

Linda

Back