TALKING EVIL WITH ALEX TSAKIRIS -- GORDON WHITE -- RUNE SOUP

That you don't know who you are talking to here, so you have to treat everyone equally. That is how it should be. You can't see color here.
I agree but the problem is that this country was built by slavery so it's deep rooted...we can't turn back time but we can bring equality to all races. A tall order but we can move in that direction. How can we have equal opportunity if there is such deep rooted racism???

I agree but the problem is that this country was built by slavery so it's deep rooted...we can't turn back time but we can bring equality to all races. A tall order but we can move in that direction. How can we have equal opportunity if there is such deep rooted racism???

Treat everyone equally. Special treatment for certain groups doesn't help, it makes matters worse. It promotes racism and sexism.

not sure what that means? from the kind of spiritual standpoint we're talking about in the show what would it mean to "go after feminists?"

it's like when gordon went down the quantifying evil thing? this is silly. it misses the point. all indications suggest that your soul is on journey of discovery not racking up points in some video game.

as far as female versus male "I've read this script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part"
I was wondering about that...I guess I don't really understand your argument about evil..what point are you trying to make?

Treat everyone equally. Special treatment for certain groups doesn't help, it makes matters worse. It promotes racism and sexism.
I completely disagree...How does treating everyone the same help structural racism? Indirectly it provokes racism and sexism because those in power don't like their power and privilege taken away...makes sense to me....still wrong though.

One point we can agree on is the idea of being woke...I vehemently disagree with the sort of purity test that's going on and the cancel culture...I heard Trump's daughter (I can't remember her name) was going to give speech somewhere and they cancelled it. That's happened multiple times and it's so dangerous...don't like that direction.

I completely disagree...How does treating everyone the same help structural racism? Indirectly it provokes racism and sexism because those in power don't like their power and privilege taken away...makes sense to me....still wrong though.

Last edited:
One point we can agree on is the idea of being woke...I vehemently disagree with the sort of purity test that's going on and the cancel culture...I heard Trump's daughter (I can't remember her name) was going to give speech somewhere and they cancelled it. That's happened multiple times and it's so dangerous...don't like that direction.
But that is part of the core of the SJW movement.

Right now they are erasing culture and history. It is the death of creativity and freedom of speech.

But that is part of the core of the SJW movement.

Right now they are erasing culture and history. It is the death of creativity and freedom of speech.
Once again, no. I can be for social justice and disagree with others in this "movement". That's why it's not a cult.

Once again, no. I can be for social justice and disagree with others in this "movement". That's why it's not a cult.
Wait until you get targeted by them. I've seen it happen in the gaming community. It's always a shock to the person targeted.

Look at what happened at Everygreen State College. The prof at the heart of the controversy was progressive and had no idea this could happen to him.

Last edited:
He completely ignores the fact that David Dorn's life mattered. It's as if only one black life mattered to him. There have been almost 100 cops killed in the US since January. Many were also people of color.

The statistics don't support the idea that POC are being targeted by police.

The whole problem is made worse by the press constantly differentiating George Floyd as a "black" man. The color of his skin doesn't make his murder any more or less wrong.

It's sad to see things going backwards. Reading Martin Luther King just got a college professor in trouble. We need to get back to judging people by the content of their character, not by their skin color.

He completely ignores the fact that David Dorn's life mattered. It's as if only one black life mattered to him. There have been almost 100 cops killed in the US since January. Many were also people of color.

The statistics don't support the idea that POC are being targeted by police.

The whole problem is made worse by the press constantly differentiating George Floyd as a "black" man. The color of his skin doesn't make his murder any more or less wrong.

It's sad to see things going backwards. Reading Martin Luther King just got a college professor in trouble. We need to get back to judging people by the content of their character, not by their skin color.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/201...ce-no-more-likely-shoot-minorities-draws-fire

That's quite a charge! The whole social justice movement is an evil cult???

As someone who considers themselves of the left, I hear you. Still, to my mind, the toxic 'woke' brigade is currently engaged in an ideological hostile takeover of traditionally liberal/left institutions. We should not let this happen. If we do, the left is done, imo. It's been going on for years, of course, but this is the big one.

Damn, I said I wasn't going to do politics on this forum anymore. *Sigh*

Tbh...I think evil is being talked about too much on this site. To me, it's not that complicated of an issue.

I've been riding along with Alex on this journey for a few years... I can understand why he's into Evil right now.

1) "Science" seems incapable of providing an adequate explanation of things like SRA, spirit possession, etc, and the mainstream would prefer to ignore that it exists... and not merely that it exists, but that it is found in the highest places of power and influence.

2) The "California Vedantic Non-dual Yogis" or the New-Agey positive thinking types also seem incapable of providing a satisfying response as they, like Unikitty, repress negativity and live in Cloud Cookoo Land.

3) I'm reading some Carl Jung right now so I'm seeing everything through the psychoanalytical lens so... It is as if polite happy society has repressed the notion of Evil and is incapable of facing its shadow.

Darkness is symbolic of the subconscious, and it is from the subconscious that all "extended consciousness" type stuff seems to manifest. As we dive into the "extended consciousness" realms we are also diving into the darkness, the abyss, the formless void, and coming out of there we encounter the Shadow, the Trickster, the Anima and Animus, repressed desires, and broken off sub-personalities that need to be integrated or brought into the light or made conscious.

If physical reality is a manifestation of the collective subconscious (and the personal subconscious), then facing Evil, facing the Shadow, and integrating it into our Consciousness is necessary for understanding the proper relationship between the physical and the mental or "extended consciousness" realms.

I've been riding along with Alex on this journey for a few years... I can understand why he's into Evil right now.

1) "Science" seems incapable of providing an adequate explanation of things like SRA, spirit possession, etc, and the mainstream would prefer to ignore that it exists... and not merely that it exists, but that it is found in the highest places of power and influence.

2) The "California Vedantic Non-dual Yogis" or the New-Agey positive thinking types also seem incapable of providing a satisfying response as they, like Unikitty, repress negativity and live in Cloud Cookoo Land.

3) I'm reading some Carl Jung right now so I'm seeing everything through the psychoanalytical lens so... It is as if polite happy society has repressed the notion of Evil and is incapable of facing its shadow.

Darkness is symbolic of the subconscious, and it is from the subconscious that all "extended consciousness" type stuff seems to manifest. As we dive into the "extended consciousness" realms we are also diving into the darkness, the abyss, the formless void, and coming out of there we encounter the Shadow, the Trickster, the Anima and Animus, repressed desires, and broken off sub-personalities that need to be integrated or brought into the light or made conscious.

If physical reality is a manifestation of the collective subconscious (and the personal subconscious), then facing Evil, facing the Shadow, and integrating it into our Consciousness is necessary for understanding the proper relationship between the physical and the mental or "extended consciousness" realms.
https://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/3_levels_of_nondual_Reality.html

I think this article explains Non-Duality and duality well.

As someone who considers themselves of the left, I hear you. Still, to my mind, the toxic 'woke' brigade is currently engaged in an ideological hostile takeover of traditionally liberal/left institutions. We should not let this happen. If we do, the left is done, imo. It's been going on for years, of course, but this is the big one.

Damn, I said I wasn't going to do politics on this forum anymore. *Sigh*
I think people need to speak up. I'm a Classical Liberal. But I'm not a Marxist/Fascist and I see so much harm being done by this woke movement. There is evil going on because we let our guard down. And now people are afraid to say anything because they will be called racist. The SJWs don't call someone racist because that person is racist, they use that word because it horrifies good people to be called something so evil. SJWs are bringing back segregation. I come from a racially diverse family, so the idea of segregation is just unthinkably evil.

It's important to note that so much of the current violence is taking place in democratic states and cities. Why is that? Minneapolis has been that way for many years, so why didn't those policies make things better?

Burgess Owens says that the policies of the woke left are evil and set up to harm the Black middle class.

Last edited:
Hi Alex. I'm currently about halfway through your riveting convo with Gordon W, which brings up the whole animist world view and begs the question of if it might be interesting to get one or more specifically shamanically-oriented practitioners or thinkers chatting on your podcast - for example, Steve Richards of Holographic Kinetics, who has a self-contained and arguably extremely interesting view on this topic and the 'ontology' of the spirit world in general that's based on his own kind of research that goes back probably 40 years or so. It's not 'science' in any kind of way that's acceptable to science believers, but it's very systematic and all-encompassing, and has delivered great results for people (no affiliation here incidentally, just a philosophical fascination and personal experience of said positive results) all the best
looks really interesting. thanks. I just dipped into the videos... there's a lot there. would you mind pointing me to the part where he talks about the "ontology" of the spirit world?

specifically - 'everything's alive' a la Gordon; an explanation for how sub-personalities evolve a la Tom Zinser (creation of thought-form, evolving to life form) and subsequently to entity a la Jerry Marzinsky. It's the only 'system' that covers all this stuff coherently that I've come across.
IDK to say "everything is alive" says everything and nothing at the same time. it's like saying "we're all one." I mean on some level I'm in total agreement with both these statements, but on another level I want to know if I should perform steven skinner magic rituals for protection. what is he saying about the "ontology" of the spirit world (re our above exchange)?

Back