TALKING EVIL WITH ALEX TSAKIRIS -- GORDON WHITE -- RUNE SOUP

Again - the ignore feature is the greatest feature on this (and other) forums. When you spot a "dug in" activist, honest discourse, the honest exchange of ideas is an impossibility.

They contaminate your field and destroy connection to the greater self and the soul and our source of being. I stopped this from happening in my life by letting "the dead lie with the dead" (meant as a metaphor).

Reactions: K9!
Again - the ignore feature is the greatest feature on this (and other) forums. When you spot a "dug in" activist, honest discourse, the honest exchange of ideas is an impossibility.

They contaminate your field and destroy connection to the greater self and the soul and our source of being. I stopped this from happening in my life by letting "the dead lie with the dead" (meant as a metaphor).

You are probably wiser than me. :)

I just see them as dumb kids. The schools have set them up for failure. We all wanted our kids to go to universities and learn critical thinking skills, but now they are getting cheated out of that. The universities have safe spaces instead of hard discussions about difficult topics. It's become an expensive babysitting service. No wonder they behave like toddlers. Universities coddle them, collect all that tuition money, and send them out with no skills and a heavy debt that will cripple them for years to come.

Better to learn a trade.

I wish some of the Cancel Culture crowd would pay attention to the people they are harming. Look at this small business owner who was attacked by BLM supporters. Thank goodness she stood up to them. That's what people need to do.

No, it's not. Earlier he said to block me and lumped me in with some other conversation. He told you you were "fighting the good fight" and insinuated that he had enough of me. He brought up people killing each other and you bring up Gulags. All I said is that economic disparities are evil but suddenly it's communists and Marxists and gulags.

Do you want equality of opportunity or equality of outcome?

The first is the American Dream, the second is Marxism. Hence, the need for a history lesson.

You might find Jordan Peterson's book helpful.

https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-for-life/

Yep... the schools have long stopped teaching the young how to think critically for themselves. Instead, they only indoctrinate the young on what to think and teach them it is "right" to impose their thinking on everyone else and by any means.

Nothing could be more soul starving (ie. "evil")

There's the false witness: Marxist authoritarianism. Who wants Marxist authoritarianism? I haven't met anyone who wants it. I supported Sanders because I'm a younger person who hasn't gotten the same economic shake that my parents and grandparents got. They had great benefits and pensions and affordable college, etc., a safety net that allowed them to pursue their dreams/goals. If we could have a return to the policies that made that possible for earlier generations, I think that would be a wonderful thing. Calling it "Marxist authoritarianism" is a way of making sure that the 1% engaging in their wealth extraction get to continue doing so unimpeded. When you buy into the idea that anyone who wants economic justice is a Marxist looking to steal away civil liberties, you let people like the Koch brothers an Jeff Bezos remake this world in their own image and you assist them in crippling regular folks who are just trying to make a decent life for themselves.
I think what is really troubling now, is the "Cancel Culture". The problem is that a person can be "tried" by a kangaroo court, and then punished (so far not using the death penalty) and the authorities do nothing to stop this.

There was one particular example of this that really shocked me. A British biochemist and Nobel Prizewinner gave a short talk - possible an after dinner speech with wine - in which he explained how hard he found it to deal fairly with women in his lab, because he found he "started to fall in love with them" and then found it hard to criticise their work. This was obviously a rather gauche joke. Someone recorded this speech and it was played on the BBC news as the first item. Almost immediately he was thrown out of his Emeritus professorshup at University College London, hounded by the BBC and social media.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jun/13/tim-hunt-hung-out-to-dry-interview-mary-collins
This kind of action has become all too common, and represents an atrocious societal change.

A related activity is the tendency to censor people if they say something uncomfortable.

An excellent recent example (reported by K9) of this was an article that Michael Shellenberger wrote in Forbes Magazine. This is a man who spent many years at the forefront of the Climate Change environmental movement, but had come to realise that the dangers were greatly exaggerated and likely to cause far more harm than good.

Within a few days, this article was removed. If a lifelong climate activist scientist can't change his mind, and needs censoring, where the hell ar we headed?

Davod

I think what is really troubling now, is the "Cancel Culture". The problem is that a person can be "tried" by a kangaroo court, and then punished (so far not using the death penalty) and the authorities do nothing to stop this.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm all for due process. I don't personally think anyone should be considered guilty until proven innocent. The Current Affairs article I posted above takes a skeptical glance at just how censorious the "cancel culture" is. The case in point discussed in that article is John Hockenberry who wrote a long self-justification of his behavior in Harper's. I read that first. Then, when I looked at what he had been charged with afterward, it became obvious that his employer had little recourse but to fire him as he was engaging in workplace harassment. Of course, if you stole Sally's blocks when you were 5 years old and then your employer fires you at 65 on the eve of your retirement with benefits, then that is wrong. My thing that I'm really stuck on here is the power disparity between regular folks and the architects of our world. Why is one human being born into a low caste and another into a superior one by right of acquired wealth and power by prior generations?

Further - and in a more Skeptiko spirit - what does this state of affairs say about the spirit world or consciousness? If things are "As above, so below" then what kind of reality are we living in? If there is a hierarchical structure to Reality, then why is it permitting this state of affairs?

There's some talk going on here about education and getting education and learning how to think for oneself and not be told what to think and learning our history by K9! and Chester. Well, do you guys know that the Supreme Court once ruled against equal economic resources to be distributed amongst the public school sytem here in the US? Did the children bring this upon themselves? Is it a child's fault if they are born into an inner city school district with no resources or a rural school district overseen by creationists? How can they learn? The political system saw to it that they couldn't. They were doomed to ignorance and inequality by birth.

What spiritual reality enables that to happen? Fails to intervene to stop that? Why is it all "Love and Light" during an NDE but it's cold indifference and hostility and dog eat dog while alive? It doesn't have to be! There's more than enough to go around. What gets in the way of that?

There was one particular example of this that really shocked me. A British biochemist and Nobel Prizewinner gave a short talk - possible an after dinner speech with wine - in which he explained how hard he found it to deal fairly with women in his lab, because he found he "started to fall in love with them" and then found it hard to criticise their work. This was obviously a rather gauche joke. Someone recorded this speech and it was played on the BBC news as the first item. Almost immediately he was thrown out of his Emeritus professorshup at University College London, hounded by the BBC and social media.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jun/13/tim-hunt-hung-out-to-dry-interview-mary-collins
This kind of action has become all too common, and represents an atrocious societal change.

A related activity is the tendency to censor people if they say something uncomfortable.

An excellent recent example (reported by K9) of this was an article that Michael Shellenberger wrote in Forbes Magazine. This is a man who spent many years at the forefront of the Climate Change environmental movement, but had come to realise that the dangers were greatly exaggerated and likely to cause far more harm than good.

Within a few days, this article was removed. If a lifelong climate activist scientist can't change his mind, and needs censoring, where the hell ar we headed?

Davod
Everything is being cancelled.

An episode of Faulty Towers was taken off a streaming network because someone didn't understand that it was calling out racism.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...v/news-story/0c87f1f248940c24c77ada18d0081bf0

Betty White is now racist for wearing a mud mask facial on an episode of Golden Girls.

https://news.yahoo.com/hulu-criticized-pulling-golden-girls-201253274.html

The SJWs find racism in everything they see. Even math is racist.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ymore-theyre-actually-claiming-math-is-racist

Skeptiko Guests Richard Dolan and Grant Cameron had their twitter accounts flagged and shut down this morning.

Everyone is a target. The only thing you can do is call them out and stand up to the evil.

@Alex - re Phil Harland, history of Satan, and

(edit: also tagging @Chester Hunter, who was part of earlier discussion)

Question: i'm listening to your intro to the Pieces of Eight interview with Gordon White, which includes the excerpt of the conversation between Miguel Connor and Richard Smoley. You interpret Smoley as saying that Satan was 'created' when the Jews decided to "break off all Yahway's bad characteristics" and "pack them into this other character" who becomes "God's alter ego." Do you still believe this interpretation? I'm asking because it kind of jumps over Harland's work, which suggests that there was a progression from combat (these gods vs. those gods) to order vs. chaos (neither of which is evil, basically yin/yang) to light vs. dark (Zoroastrianism) to good vs. evil (also Zoroastrianism) and then God vs. Satan.

(link to Harland's History of Satan podcast archive - scroll down to bottom, first one that addresses Satan is #7.6 on the Book of Enoch)

I'm going to go back and listen to more of Harland's stuff before listening to the rest of your Gordon White interviews, but to me this seems like an important piece of the historical progression. I'll follow up if anything extra interesting comes up. :)
Great. Very interesting. sounds right. I was just using smoley as a shorthand version of the story but am open to this more complete version.

can you point me to anything where this is succinctly summed up?

related question: does Gordon White ever say why he practices magic? (similar to the question that you've indicated you would ask Steven Skinner)

well you'd have to ask gordon on that one :-)

that said I think he provided good answer in my prior interviews with him. something along the lines that were all practicing magic. maybe in some like donald hoffman " god is silence everything else is a poor translation... ok, fine, but if we're going to talk let's be as precise as possible" so we're all practicing magic let's do the best we can and with it.

would someone please bounce this off of gordon and see what he thinks about it?

They were doomed to ignorance and inequality by birth.
Only if they believe they are victims. A hero can overcome the challenges of life and make things better for everyone. That's why we celebrate heroes and make statues of them, because they inspire us. It doesn't make them perfect, or without serious flaws. What matters is that we learn from their struggles.

That's why BLM wants to tear down statues. It doesn't want people to be inspired by heroes. It tricks cult members into accepting the status of victim. That makes people easier to control.

Heroes stand up for themselves and for others. We need more heroes.

Everything is being cancelled.

An episode of Faulty Towers was taken off a streaming network because someone didn't understand that it was calling out racism.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...v/news-story/0c87f1f248940c24c77ada18d0081bf0

Betty White is now racist for wearing a mud mask facial on an episode of Golden Girls.

https://news.yahoo.com/hulu-criticized-pulling-golden-girls-201253274.html

The SJWs find racism in everything they see. Even math is racist.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ymore-theyre-actually-claiming-math-is-racist

Skeptiko Guests Richard Dolan and Grant Cameron had their twitter accounts flagged and shut down this morning.

Everyone is a target. The only thing you can do is call them out and stand up to the evil.
wow! Like to say that I'm not surprised... But I'm surprised!!!

Reactions: K9!
wow! Like to say that I'm not surprised... But I'm surprised!!!

I'm not. I know quite a few paranormal/UFO podcasters, and have been in on some conversations about cancel culture. A blog came out that called a podcaster racist for being a Libertarian, and the blogger wanted all of the friends of that podcaster to cancel their friend.

Some of them did. The rest of them agonized over it and hoped the problem would go away.

There was a serious deficit of courage among that group. I'm sure you know most of them.

I'm not. I know quite a few paranormal/UFO podcasters, and have been in on some conversations about cancel culture. A blog came out that called a podcaster racist for being a Libertarian, and the blogger wanted all of the friends of that podcaster to cancel their friend.

Some of them did. The rest of them agonized over it and hoped the problem would go away.

There was a serious deficit of courage among that group. I'm sure you know most of them.
I just did an interview with grimerica that could/should/may be banned :) fortunately, I don't think I've reached that level :) please tell everyone to unsubscribe from Skeptiko :)

I just did an interview with grimerica that could/should/may be banned :) fortunately, I don't think I've reached that level :) please tell everyone to unsubscribe from Skeptiko :)
I listened to the Grimerica podcast. It was excellent. I enjoyed their comments on wokeness, lol.

I actually think the ones who tell cancel culture to f*ck off will do better in the long run.

Only if they believe they are victims. A hero can overcome the challenges of life and make things better for everyone. That's why we celebrate heroes and make statues of them, because they inspire us. It doesn't make them perfect, or without serious flaws. What matters is that we learn from their struggles.

That's why BLM wants to tear down statues. It doesn't want people to be inspired by heroes. It tricks cult members into accepting the status of victim. That makes people easier to control.

Heroes stand up for themselves and for others. We need more heroes.

Being a hero is a lot to ask from huge swaths of human beings who are given precious little to go on a hero's journey with. Have you been asked to be a hero? Do you constantly have to live up to hero status? That's exhausting!

What kind of Reality puts huge swaths of individuals into positions where they must overcome immense odds just to eke out a livable existence while numerous power elite get to keep that game going so that the cruelty continues unabated?

If we look at reincarnation, at least the evidence we have for it, it doesn't seem like we have answers to that. What wrongs did some inner city or rural poor children do to deserve their position in life? What great virtues did Donald Trump do in a past life in order to get all his fame and fortune in this life?

Back