Telekinesis

B

Baccarat

After watching Stranger Things on Netflix and having a discussion about this with my mom, decided to do a quick digging on it from both perspectives (proponents and skeptics) I came to some thoughts about Telekinesis and how this would be possibly detrimental if it could be harnessed? My mom claims she did it when she was a child, but I am a bit skeptical, it would be frightening to have people with this power seemingly causing car accidents or plane crashes etc? What do you guys think? What if it was used to harm people?

Yeah Braude has suggested it could be responsible for karma, or even dreams of a planecrash might instead of precognition be the dreamer causing the crash at a later date.

My issue with this is why does this Super-Psi manifest in ways that make it easy to dismiss the very thing under consideration? It means Nature conspires against us...which is interesting in a Gnostic sense but hard to swallow without other reasons to believe in a super-conspiracy at the more fundamental levels of experienced reality.

Yeah Braude has suggested it could be responsible for karma, or even dreams of a planecrash might instead of precognition be the dreamer causing the crash at a later date.
Given the few well documented micro effects of PK I would be highly skeptical of that happening.
While I generally agree with Braude's approach that we know too little about PSI to be sure of anything, what I don't like is that he doesn't make the necessary distinctions.

The plausibility of a dream being precognitive of a future plane crash is many orders of magnitude more likely than that of the dreamer causing the plane to crash. At least until we find convincing evidence that human PK can have such macroscopic effects. Which we don't have.

My issue with this is why does this Super-Psi manifest in ways that make it easy to dismiss the very thing under consideration? It means Nature conspires against us...which is interesting in a Gnostic sense but hard to swallow without other reasons to believe in a super-conspiracy at the more fundamental levels of experienced reality.

Thats a good question, I wonder if it's because we are looking at in the wrong way somehow?

After watching Stranger Things on Netflix and having a discussion about this with my mom, decided to do a quick digging on it from both perspectives (proponents and skeptics) I came to some thoughts about Telekinesis and how this would be possibly detrimental if it could be harnessed? My mom claims she did it when she was a child, but I am a bit skeptical, it would be frightening to have people with this power seemingly causing car accidents or plane crashes etc? What do you guys think? What if it was used to harm people?
Check out the PK Man.

Given the few well documented micro effects of PK I would be highly skeptical of that happening.
While I generally agree with Braude's approach that we know too little about PSI to be sure of anything, what I don't like is that he doesn't make the necessary distinctions.

The plausibility of a dream being precognitive of a future plane crash is many orders of magnitude more likely than that of the dreamer causing the plane to crash. At least until we find convincing evidence that human PK can have such macroscopic effects. Which we don't have.

Braude is one of my favorite academics. I credit his anti-mechanistic message for my own understanding of reality....but yeah here I don't think he's fully considering the possibilities.

For example, what if negative thoughts aren't what causes "karma"? What if the world is ridiculous and absurd so *positive* thoughts cause the accidents? Or heck, you could say random stuff like thinking about ice cream is what results in bad "karma".

Funny you said this. My mom had precog about the plane crash at o'hare in the 1970s if I'm not mistaken that killed a 100 or so people, she cried for weeks before it happened and didn't know why she was seeing it, she told me grandmother to who also confirmed this and is atheist if that even matters lol

I just wonder about Telekinesis, like would be be like x-men if it was harnessed? if it evolved what couldn't we move with our minds? We would be able to make tall waves and control the weather, or maybe there is a cap off to its power I dunno just thinking

Funny you said this. My mom had precog about the plane crash at o'hare in the 1970s if I'm not mistaken that killed a 100 or so people, she cried for weeks before it happened and didn't know why she was seeing it, she told me grandmother to who also confirmed this and is atheist if that even matters lol

I'd say Braude's idea that precognition causes events is really just meaningless speculation. People who have had vivid dreams/visions of future events have, after all, avoided their own deaths.

Like I said I really respect Braude but I think here he has not kept up with the potential models for reality. For example in the Peer-to-Peer hypothesis since all times exist but consciousness runs through events a precog could extend their mind into possible futures and avoid the bad ones.

New paper published on PK. I don't have access to the whole article, but it looks interesting. An older article can be read here.

19601300_10155382870633608_6577053625536935321_n.jpg

Last edited:
I seen it in person, its real. Still shocked about it, just diving deeper in to the occult :) I love the fact I know its real and science doesn't ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to practicing it soon

Does that mean you'll become someone that other people will fear because of abilities you may develop that they won't have, or are you over that irrational fear already?

::EDIT::

I only bring this up because in your original post you say :

it would be frightening to have people with this power seemingly causing car accidents or plane crashes etc? What do you guys think? What if it was used to harm people?

Logically meaning that you are also afraid of guns, knives, hands, feet, cars, dogs, etc, etc because of their potential to harm. A statement that is silly at best and delusionally paranoid at worst.

But now you're going to be training it yourself...

Last edited:
Well now that I have seen it, I will use it for good and it wouldn't be constantly. From what I am being taught it takes a lot of Energy, practice and patience it good literally drain you and doesn't happen with the snap of a finger. If your intention is not aligned it could be dangerous

There probably are how to guides, it would be up to you to figure which ones are legit. Use your intuition. There is a lot of charlatans in the "spiritual community" and a lot of power hungry egos. Those are the ones Randi and Shermer and the Pseudo Skeptics debunk to hold their limited worldview in place. Remember developing these skills is like working out (physically) its going to take some time, although I would say we all have a natural gift we can use

If Telekinesis was learnable, there would be millions and millions of people practicing it by now and it already would have been accepted as fact long ago. Parents would have taught their children which would have passed down the knowledge to their children and so forth. I know quite a hand full of people who believe in it, but none has ever seen it happen by him or herself: "Somebody told me that somebody is able to....".
If it is possible, then I strongly believe it is not a skill one can learn, but a random occurence on a very small scale.

If Telekinesis was learnable, there would be millions and millions of people practicing it by now and it already would have been accepted as fact long ago. Parents would have taught their children which would have passed down the knowledge to their children and so forth. I know quite a hand full of people who believe in it, but none has ever seen it happen by him or herself: "Somebody told me that somebody is able to....".
If it is possible, then I strongly believe it is not a skill one can learn, but a random occurence on a very small scale.
Negative,this is a very hard thing to learn and harness, this isn't teaching a kid to ride a bike. Some kids are born with gifts others do not possess. It takes more than intent to do these type of things. I think people fear doing it because of the repercussions. Imagine if people found out someone they knew was capable of telekinesis. They would probably be rounded and sent off ( sorry sounding like a conspiracy theorist) this knowledge has been hidden and obfuscated for years most traditions are passed from word of mouth, and we know how that usually ends up.

Back