Terminal Lucidity

If, in memory, the brain gains access to its own past states, then significant damage or impairment could set up a roadbloack to those past states. That block could be at least partially cleared again, temporarily, if a flush of neurotransmitters or other terminal phase event occurs that once again allows the brain to make a greater number of connections.

You might want to check out Peter Fenwick. I watched a video a ways back with him talking on Terminal Lucidity. Dementia/alzheimers was only one of many conditions mentioned. I seem to recall one case where somebody was paralyzed getting up out of bed shortly before death. So, there is probably more breadth to the phenemenon than just conditions involving cognitive decline.

Yes, in the linked papers there are many conditions mentioned, but there were a limited number -- mostly conditions with increased intracranial pressure, mental illness, and dementia most prominently noted.

For paralysis I would like to see documentation that the person did not have a conversion disorder before signing off on what actually occurred.

For paralysis I would like to see documentation that the person did not have a conversion disorder before signing off on what actually occurred.

I was thinking before/after MRI (or other appropriate tests) would be nice. Assume a severed spinal cord was established. Would TL mean someone is standing with a still severed spinal cord, or would it mean there was a healing that allowed them to stand. Either scenario seems rather incredible

That's an extreme example, but I think any case involving a physical disability that was baselined before the "TL" event wouldn't be much easier to explain. It would also make it a little more clear that something "extraordinary" probably is going on. Lucidity always leaves wiggle room, since we don't really know how consciousness works. But, some straight forward physical disabilities would be a bit more revealing here.

If, in memory, the brain gains access to its own past states, then significant damage or impairment could set up a roadbloack to those past states. That block could be at least partially cleared again, temporarily, if a flush of neurotransmitters or other terminal phase event occurs that once again allows the brain to make a greater number of connections.
Huh...?

Back