The Cursed Pit of Wretched Political Adulation

Nobody said only people who put out bad vibes get attacked, and if that's what Steve meant, then I don't support it.
No, that’s not what I meant.

If that were the case, I must have been putting out bad vibes before my stroke. And in a way though, I suppose I was. I wasn’t heeding the warnings, of that I’m quite certain.

I meant that if you tend to see things a certain way, then that’s the way they’lI appear for you. I tend to be quite optimistic and light hearted about things, despite my having been well tested over the past eight years. Some people take things very seriously, including themselves.

Yeah, I get annoyed and my ego hits back, but I soon forget it. Would I be so if I were living in Palestine? Who knows. It would be tough.

People who meet Trump have a different opinion of him than those who only know about Trump from the mainstream news media.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-about-decision-to-leave-the-democratic-party
'Grey's Anatomy' star Isaiah Washington opens up about decision to leave the Democratic party after Trump White House visit

isaiah.JPG

"Walking away is a sacrifice," Washington said. "There's a risk and there's a penalty for it but you have to walk away when it matters...and the reason I chose to walk away from the Democratic party...is that something doesn't' feel right."

"his political activism developed recently after he attended a celebration at the White House commemorating Trump's support of the First Step Act."

Some people can't understand how I can be spiritual and also support Trump.

Here's how:

I was born in New York City. People from New York are known throughout the rest of the country for being blunt. I do not come from a refined family. The people around me when I was growing up were blunt. So I am not offended by Trump's blunt manners.

However people who are offended by Trump's manners don't like him.

People who don't like Trump because of his manners or because he is in the wrong party or because he is a billionaire are easily fooled by tons and tons of lies about him spread by the news media and opposing politicians. People are very careless about confirming information that seems to agree with anything they strongly believe so Trump's detractors are ready to believe any accusation about Trump that confirms their dislike of him. The dossier was a fraud, many new reports about him were retracted, etc etc.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/business/media/cnn-retracted-story-on-trump.html
https://www.thewrap.com/trump-says-...ry-no-different-from-all-the-other-fake-news/

The reason I can support Trump is because I am not fooled by fake news and political smears, I am not offended by his blunt manners, his party affiliation, or his wealth.

Trump is not a racist, he is not a pawn of Russia, Israel, or any other country. He is not beholden to Wall Street or corporatists. He is not insane. He is not Hitler. He is a street fighter from New York who knows how to play hardball with large corporations, governments, and government officials.

This is why I can support Trump. The reason I do support Trump is different.

I do support Trump because I care about the poor people in the United States. The USA is a wealthy country but we do have poverty here. Trump's policies will help the poor in the US more than Democrat policies. If you want to know what causes poverty, follow the money. Who benefits from poverty? The politicians who pander to poor people, Democrats. They want to keep poor people poor and they want to increase their ranks by making middle class people poor and through opening the borders of the USA to the world's poor. That is their strategy for keeping power from which they gain their wealth.
  • Unrestricted immigration hurts poor citizens because it lowers wages. It also puts stress on systems designed to help the poor which results in fewer resources available for poor citizens. It also increases demand for low income housing which raises rents.
  • High corporate taxes hurt poor people because high corporate taxes slow economic growth which slows job creation and slows growth in wages.
  • Interpreting the constitution according to "modern" views hurts poor people. The rule of law is based on objective interpretation of written laws, if we start interpreting laws according to the whims of the judges then every citizen is at risk of losing the protections guaranteed by the constitution. This hurts poor people most because poor people are more likely to come into contact with the criminal justice system. Trump is not appointing "conservative" judges to the supreme court and federal courts, he is appointing judges who believe the law should be interpreted as intended by the writers not by the whim of the judges presiding over a case.
  • Unnecessary environmental regulation and other unnecessary government regulations slow economic growth which hurts poor people (above)
  • The conservative view of abortion is that an unborn baby is still a human being and deserves the same rights that every other human being has. (This video will show you why people oppose abortion, it is not for the squeamish: https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/14...-in-first-trimester-moving-her-arms-and-legs/: Also, a racist would never oppose abortion.

I understand other people may have different opinions on these issues. People are entitled to their opinions. But I hope others can see that the conservative viewpoint consists of legitimate opinions and support for conservative policies does not necessarily mean a person is a selfish evil racist.

I am also concerned for the poor people who live in other countries. The best solution is for their countries to improve their form of government giving their people economic freedom and rule of law. Those two factors are all that is necessary to alleviate poverty. If this would happen the entire world would experience a reduction poverty without making things harder for the poor in the USA.

I don't expect this post to do much to change anyone's mind about Trump or the issues, but there is one minimum goal I hope I can accomplish and that is to convince people that conservatives are not stupid or evil and that supporting Trump is not an indicator that a person is stupid or evil. That the animosity between left and right is not warranted by the actual differences in their opinions ought to convince people to question the sources of information that perpetuate this animosity.

Last edited:
I don't expect this post to do much to change anyone's mind about Trump or the issues, but there is one minimum goal I hope I can accomplish and that is to convince people that conservatives are not stupid or evil and that supporting Trump is not an indicator that a person is stupid or evil. That the animosity between left and right is not warranted by the actual differences in their opinions ought to convince people to question the sources of information that perpetuate this animosity.
You’re right, your post hasn’t done much to change my mind about Trump. :)
Attempting to show that...“Conservatives are not stupid or evil.” This statement is so sweeping as to be pointless, it’s far more complicated and nuanced than this.

Firstly, let me say that if the majority of Republicans appear to me to have very different ideals to the ones I have, I would say that the majority of Democrats have equally different ideals in reality from my own. They have shown their human frailties all too clearly in recent years. The way they reacted to Trumps victory, reminded me so much of the bizarre reaction or overreaction to the death of Princess Dianne here in the UK. Russiagate thing was a joke imo (With apologies to Michael P). I guess such emotion has to find a vent and that was it for the democrats, the horrendous Hillary being lauded by some of my friends had me shaking my head in disbelief.

To return to Trump (and your support of him).

I don’t agree with you when you seem to think that Trump will help the poor, he doesn’t give a damn about the poor imo. That one business transaction in Scotland that I posted about, reveals most everything that I need to know about the man. I don’t need to read about him in the biased media. I can see that he shows himself to be arrogant, selfish, dishonest, macho and many other traits that I simply don’t think a leader ought to be in videos. Unless these videos are all somehow fake, I trust my own instincts.

So am I acting against nature when I reveal my feelings about Trump? Should I just ignore the fact that things in nature takes things as they are, it is just the way it is. To go ‘against nature’ is to fight the unwinnable fight. Should I simply say, it’s nature’s way. I tend to think that it’s best to be honest, to be true to yourself - to be authentic. If I make the wrong choice, so be it.

I thought about replying to TESs recent post about ‘spiritual intent’(that what I thought it was about), but eventually decided that it was too difficult. Tom Campbell has talked about this more than once in his videos. He says that you should act because it’s what you feel it’s the right thing to do rather than it’s because you think that it’ll put you in a good light. In other words, heart over brain. The reason that I hesitated to reply, was that people would read what I was saying and might roll their eyes and say to themselves “what a self righteous fool”. Maybe I am! I don’t know. Maybe I’m totally deluded into thinking what I think, in a similar way to how I see others.

Boris Johnson is revealing himself to be of a similar nature to Trump. Strange, that, don’t you think? UK politics has shown its ugly self, much like US politics imo. We the people all blame one party or the other for the mayhem, without taking even a moment to reflect on our own views.

One thing that I feel is true Jim. I don’t think your stupid or evil.

Would you stand by and happily watch a bunch of thugs kicking a guys head in? On either side of one’s beliefs, would your humanity kick in? That to me is the type of question that I ask myself about people. If the answer is yes, I will distance myself from them, as they are not the type of people I would associate with. I think this happens intuitively when we get to know people.

Of course, it’s not usually that simple. What if the person who’s heads being used as a football has just been dragged from a car after deliberately ploughing into a crowd of people at an outside bar? What if it turns out to be your brother? What if it is subsequently found that he had some sort of tumour that changed his behaviour? What if...he was an immigrant from Iraq, who was intent on getting revenge for the murder of his family by a British Tornado? Would that make it easier to accept?

How might you feel?

I think everything is about spirituality, about experience and the Choices we make.

I think Trump is basically a twat. I think it’s my ego that wrote that sentence. :)

Name one enlightened person that’s on earth now. How did you identify him or her?
Perhaps we’re all ‘mentally deranged’? Just different orders.
Perhaps the enlightened are unidentifiable anonymous people that we don't notice. To notice them, we'd have to know beforehand what we were looking for. Perhaps we don't.

Here is an interesting article on Brexit. Apparently the Queen should refuse to assent to the law putting off Brexit if she is so advised by the Prime Minister who has support of Parliment. When Parliment refused to accede to snap elections, they in effect showed their support to the Prime Minister.

I have no idea what is going to happen but I am ROTF LMAO.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ust_ropeadope_his_way_into_a_hard_brexit.html
Did Boris Johnson Just Rope-a-Dope His Way into a Hard Brexit?

In the past I was stupid enough to think that because I liked how Obama spoke about hope that he would be a force for good. Instead:

war-ending President who, as of Tuesday, has ordered airstrikes in seven different countries (that we know of).
https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/countries-obama-bombed/index.html

In the seven years of Obama's presidency, the administration launched a record number of cases against those who revealed what the government wanted kept secret. Under Obama, eight whistleblowers have been prosecuted under the World War I-era Espionage Act, more than under all other presidents combined.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-.../426/increase-protections-for-whistleblowers/

authorized 193 drone strikes in Pakistan since he took office in 2009, more than four times the number of attacks that President George W. Bush authorized during his two terms, according to the New America Foundation, a Washington-based public-policy institute.
https://archives.cjr.org/feature/covering_obamas_secret_war.php

Obama did not persecute any of Bush's colleagues involved in the lies behind the Iraq. He did not punish any of the financial leaders behind the sub-prime collapse and the resultant bail outs.

So I try now not to be impressed by any politician's rhetoric and presentation, I am more interested in the their actions.

Trump has not locked up Hilary, he has not drained the swamp (in fact he hires many swamp dwellers). I do give him credit for not yet going to war with Iran, China nor Venezuala. I expect now that we will have four more years of Trump. I hope he does not pursue any new wars.

Trump is a greedy, dishonest, lecherous person. But he is not yet a war criminal mass murderer. So thank heavens for small mercies.

Last edited:
In the past I was stupid enough to think that because I liked how Obama spoke about hope that he would be a force for good. Instead:

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/countries-obama-bombed/index.html

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-.../426/increase-protections-for-whistleblowers/

https://archives.cjr.org/feature/covering_obamas_secret_war.php

Obama did not persecute any of Bush's colleagues involved in the lies behind the Iraq. He did not punish any of the financial leaders behind the sub-prime collapse and the resultant bail outs.
Who knows what pressures were applied to Obama behind the scenes. It is only now that the whole mechanism of dirty tricks in Washington is being unmasked.
So I try now not to be impresses by any politician's rhetoric and presentation, I am more interested in the their actions.

Trump has not locked up Hilary, he has not drained the swamp (in fact he hires many swamp dwellers).
Well he seems to have hired people who have pushed the investigation of Epstein.
I do give him credit for not yet going to war with Iran, China nor Venezuala. I expect now that we will have four more years of Trump. I hope he does not pursue any new wars.
Shouldn't you add Syria to that list, not to mention NK? He was twice goaded by fake gas attacks into going to war in a big way in Syria, but managed to resist.
Trump is a greedy, dishonest, lecherous person. But he is not yet a war criminal mass murderer. So thank heavens for small mercies.
A war avoided is not a small mercy, it is far more significant that just about anything else you could cite. Moreover, there were times when Trump was in need of the support he could have got by starting a war - and he never went down that route.

David

You’re right, your post hasn’t done much to change my mind about Trump. :)
Attempting to show that...“Conservatives are not stupid or evil.” This statement is so sweeping as to be pointless, it’s far more complicated and nuanced than this.

Firstly, let me say that if the majority of Republicans appear to me to have very different ideals to the ones I have, I would say that the majority of Democrats have equally different ideals in reality from my own. They have shown their human frailties all too clearly in recent years. The way they reacted to Trumps victory, reminded me so much of the bizarre reaction or overreaction to the death of Princess Dianne here in the UK. Russiagate thing was a joke imo (With apologies to Michael P). I guess such emotion has to find a vent and that was it for the democrats, the horrendous Hillary being lauded by some of my friends had me shaking my head in disbelief.
Paradoxically, I'd agree with most of that, and I like your comparison with what happened in Britain after the death of Diana.

The thing is, when anyone talks about their keenness for a politician, it is always relative to the alternatives. Compared with Hillary, he obviously wins, and how would you say he compares with Biden, or any of the other Democratic hopefuls?
To return to Trump (and your support of him).

I don’t agree with you when you seem to think that Trump will help the poor, he doesn’t give a damn about the poor imo. That one business transaction in Scotland that I posted about, reveals most everything that I need to know about the man. I don’t need to read about him in the biased media. I can see that he shows himself to be arrogant, selfish, dishonest, macho and many other traits that I simply don’t think a leader ought to be in videos. Unless these videos are all somehow fake, I trust my own instincts.
Unfortunately, the way business is conducted nowadays it is almost all ruthless. Business men can't succeed any other way. Trump certainly fills his rallies with people, many of which are poor, so are you saying he is somehow fooling them? Are you saying those people are poor and stupid? Simply boosting the economy has helped many poor people.
So am I acting against nature when I reveal my feelings about Trump? Should I just ignore the fact that things in nature takes things as they are, it is just the way it is. To go ‘against nature’ is to fight the unwinnable fight. Should I simply say, it’s nature’s way. I tend to think that it’s best to be honest, to be true to yourself - to be authentic. If I make the wrong choice, so be it.
Unfortunately, politicians as a whole do not come across as nice people. As you know, I am a member of UKIP, and I talked to members at a number of conferences - they were uniformly well meaning - salt of the earth. Unfortunately some of those who made it to the top have helped to destroy that party. I think you are stating an obvious truism, that top politicians are rather unpleasant as individuals. I will shortly be attending a conference organised by the BREXIT party, we will see how that goes.

Where I really object is that people pull out objections against Trump without any attempt to dig up the corresponding dirt against his rivals. So Trump with all his faults (plus a number of imaginary faults) gets compared to the alternatives using the PR version of the truth. That is what is so desperately unfair.

David

Last edited:
Compared with Hillary, he obviously wins, and how would you say he compares with Biden, or any of the other Democratic hopefuls?
I think Biden is one of the worst I’ve seen, he is miles away from someone I’d vote for. Tulsi Gabbard is my favoured candidate, with Bernie Saunders second, but some way behind. Like Corbyn, I fear she would never be allowed to win, as she’s too principled (at this stage anyhow).

The powerful, wealthy people fear people like Corbyn and Gabbard getting into power. That’s why they use their unprincipled media to paint pictures of such individuals as whatever they think the public most dislike. Terrorist sympathisers and communists for example. I keep on stressing the power of propaganda, and how it works. It will keep working until some balance is in place, which may never happen.

44,000 people living, eating and defecating on the streets of LA have brought rats and typhus, garbage everywhere, and aberrant sexual violence in a state where the Democrats have a supermajority. Could this be evidence of a flaw in liberal philosophy? Might conservatism actually be kinder to people and better for the environment?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...keeps-making-homelessness-worse/#6c2ade475a61
Why California Keeps Making Homelessness Worse​
...​
California is home to some of the world’s toughest environmental and public health laws, but skyrocketing homelessness has created an environmental and public health disaster. The 44,000 people living, eating, and defecating on the streets of L.A. have brought rats and medieval diseases including typhus. Garbage is everywhere. Experts fear the return of cholera and leprosy.​
And homelessness is making people violent. “We are seeing behaviors from our guests that I’ve never seen in 33 years,” said Bales. “They are so bizarre and different that I don’t even feel right describing the behaviors. It’s extreme violence of an extreme sexual nature. I have been doing this for 33 years and never seen anything like it.”​
How did things get so bad in California? The state has long prided itself on being humanistic and innovative. It is home to some of the world’s largest public health philanthropies, best hospitals, and most progressive policies on mental health and drug addiction. The Democrats have a supermajority. What went wrong?​
Why are so many people moving from California to Texas. Maybe conservative Texas offers more jobs and a better quality of life than liberal California?
https://freebeacon.com/issues/number-californians-moving-texas-hits-highest-level-nearly-decade/
Number of Californians Moving to Texas Hits Highest Level in Nearly a Decade​

Well he seems to have hired people who have pushed the investigation of Epstein.
I don't think this is correct:
Julie K. Brown, an investigative journalist for The Miami Herald, expected to spend the week on the same emotionally brutal endeavor she has pursued for more than two years: interviewing women who say that, as girls, they were part of a sex ring run by the wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Months ago, she published a meticulously researched series of articles about a secret plea deal, engineered by a current member of President Trump’s cabinet, that helped Mr. Epstein evade federal charges related to the women’s accusations.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/business/media/miami-herald-epstein.html

Shouldn't you add Syria to that list, not to mention NK? He was twice goaded by fake gas attacks into going to war in a big way in Syria, but managed to resist.
Syria is more complicated, as you know Trump did authorize airstrikes but he did also have a role in cutting CIA funding to some of the jihadis fighting Syrian troops. Some people insinuate he was helping Putin. Others that he was indirectly fighting ISIS (by not obstructing Russian airstrikes).

For North Korea, I have not seen as much coverage of warhawks urging America to attack them (as compared to Iran and Venezuela) Trump did some theater, but it seems pretty much business as usual.