The Donald Trump Thread

Well I'm a Trump supporter... Come at me bro!

:)

Have to smack you down...in an ol' timey sorta way...:)

But seriously. I happened to catch an interview with a historian on radio a few weeks back and learned that once upon a time in the US of A, it was common for voters to get killed on election day.....because the party bosses hired thugs to beat up voters from the opposing party on their way to the polls. Which is a nice segway into this old timey kind of sentiment:

Trump warned Wednesday morning that there would be widespread unrest if he does not "automatically" get the nomination as the candidate with the greatest number of delegates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-riots-nomination_us_56e956fae4b0b25c9183e915

Please tell me you're joking. I am dismayed at the political views of psi proponents at times. With what it suggests about our reality, how connected we all are, we shouldn't be attracted to the type of views people like Trump espouse IMO.

The guy is pretty much a hate preacher, why would you want a world where somebody like Trump is in charge? He encourages violence at his rallies, makes racist or prejudiced comments regularly, and encourages people to blame minorities or immigrants for their problems.

Edit: Sorry if that comes across as unnecessarily aggressive, I just think we need to start moving past the kind of thinking Trump promotes. Do you see a contradiction between what psi/afterlife research suggests and the sort of views and policies that Trump is putting forward?

I think Hillary Clinton is also egregious in her own way. Personally, I think they're both deeply flawed, and equally concerned in the main with achieving their own political ambitions. How the US has managed to narrow down a choice of its probable next president to these two eejits is completely beyond me. I think it has something to do with the fact that presidential campaigns depend much more on money and "star appeal" than suitability, and, frankly, integrity.

Have to smack you down...in an ol' timey sorta way...:)

But seriously. I happened to catch an interview with a historian on radio a few weeks back and learned that once upon a time in the US of A, it was common for voters to get killed on election day.....because the party bosses hired thugs to beat up voters from the opposing party on their way to the polls. Which is a nice segway into this old timey kind of sentiment:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-riots-nomination_us_56e956fae4b0b25c9183e915

Yes, the facade of democracy and representative government is finally cracking and beginning to crumble exposing to the awareness of the masses the pasty shriveled flesh of the ugly ancient oligarchy. If the people's clear choice (still Trump despite all the election fraud) is ignored and instead a small group of political establishment insiders is allowed to choose someone else, the facade will completely collapse and the people will (hopefully) realize on a massive scale that their government is no longer of, by, and for the people. That along with the collapsing economy and the race baiting will likely trigger some civil unrest. People are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.

Regarding past incidents of party boss thuggery, I'm not familiar with any historical examples but I wouldn't be surprised. Despite the larger vocabulary, the testosterone ran higher and things were certainly rougher and rowdier in the past. There's a pretty good depiction of ol' timey American politics in the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou".

Fair enough on Putin.
Well that is a huge "Fair Enough" - just about all the other candidates - Democrat and Republican - seem to want to treat him as an enemy.
A very small amount of Muslims 'hate us'. I don't subscribe to this view of a diverse group of people.
Well I think we should be very cautious before just saying that (almost because it is the only politically correct thing to say). Europeans have suffered a major bombing in London (7/7) that killed over 50 people and the bombers had been brought up in the UK, 30 Britons were killed on a beach in Tunisia, a Muslim doctor and his friend tried to drive a burning car packed with gas cylinders into a departures hall crowded with families, there have been several Muslim attempts to down transatlantic airliners, an entire concert hall full of young people were being killed one by one until the Muslim killers were themselves taken out by security forces (some of those killers were from Belgium). Hundreds of Muslim youths went to Syria to fight with ISIS despite having (presumably) seen some of the awful things that ISIS were doing. Etc.

We are not talking about race here, but about religion. Christianity went through some barbarous phases in the past, and Islam seems to be in one now.
And hundreds of Muslims going over is a tiny minority considering millions of Muslims live in the UK. What about the rise of the far-right in the UK for example, does that not bother you? And if you were concerned about Muslim extremism, how would banning them from entering your country, saying 'they hate us' and generally making it okay to discriminate against Muslims going to improve things? At least he picked on the Mexicans and called them rapists too!
The far right has been pretty much wiped out by UKIP, and really, to be honest what have they done that compares with that catalogue I just quoted?
Many of the Parisian shooters were French. Not sure what the EU has to do with it...
Well some weren't - possibly the ringleaders. All were Muslim. I mean we pretend that only a tiny minority of people are sympathetic to terrorism, but our security services are overloaded with the task of chasing down all the plotters and getting them into court.
I don't think political correctness really has anything to do with it. Invading countries, killing thousands or even millions of people, destroying communities and infrastructure, that has a bad effect shockingly, and yeah, after all that if you try to force something on a society, it's not going to work out. It's not specific to Muslims, the effect would be the same elsewhere. At least you seem to accept those situations are our fault though.
I would say that political correctness meant that everyone had to assume that opposition forces in Iraq and the other countries were pro-Western, whereas in reality they were also fired up with militant Islam.
National borders are just another way if dividing us as a species - and historically it's pretty clear, the more divided we are, the more we fight, and the worse things get.

Well historically the US invited people to come, but it vetted them pretty carefully when they arrived - as it does Europeans who fly over on holiday.

Nobody wants war - and that is part of the point here. Americans are sick to death with fighting wars in far away places, and then realising that they made things much worse! I think Donald Trump actually understands that. I think he also realises that the West has sold vast numbers of jobs to other countries, and the rich elites haven't cared. Ordinary people care very much!

David

Last edited:
Regarding Trump's recommendation that we at least vet the people (especially Muslims) entering our country...

We are importing literally by the bus load and plane load thousands and thousands of immigrants from all over the world with no documentation and no ability to background check them. They don't get deported anymore. Even convicted criminals are getting released on the streets. The border patrol has been ordered to stand down and no longer enforce the law.

But you and I have to show our papers at checkpoints and get a full body inspection before flying.

And how hypocritical is it that we just recently decided to fine Iran $10.5 billion because a couple of the Saudi 9/11 hijackers passed through Iran without getting their passport stamped??

Louis Farrakhan (a prominent black leader and leader of the "Nation of Islam") came out in support of Trump. That tells you there's something seriously wrong with the simple narrative fed to the left that Trump is an anti-Muslim racist.

Huh, what? I schpritzed my heavenly Nigori Sake all over my keyboard. Source? Please.

Yes its true.. Malf's link will do. I watched the full interview of Farrakhan with Jones. Farrakhan said Trump's plan to vet the Muslims entering was "wise".

Also Google the "Stump for Trump" duo Diamond and Silk.

Ok. So Farrakhan agrees with some of Trumps positions, but he stops short of endorsing him and doesn't sound like he is willing to go on record as supporting him.

Despite his commendation for the billionaire businessman, Farrakhan did not endorse him. “Not that I’m for Mr. Trump,” he added, “but I like what I’m looking at.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...s/2016/03/louis-farrakhan-donald-trump-220021

I don't even like what I'm looking at. I guess I won't have to seek political asylum in Canada just yet. But my bags are packed. Conceptually.

Ok. So Farrakhan agrees with some of Trumps positions, but he stops short of endorsing him and doesn't sound like he is willing to go on record as supporting him.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...s/2016/03/louis-farrakhan-donald-trump-220021

I don't even like what I'm looking at. I guess I won't have to seek political asylum in Canada just yet. But my bags are packed. Conceptually.

I recommend watching the full interview rather than relying on this rather anemic politico recap of a single statement. He had some fairly glowing praises for Trump. Perhaps after getting burned so badly by Obama he is hesitant to all out endorse a candidate, but it's clear he believes Trump is the anti-establishment candidate and that he likes his foreign policy. He and Alex also discuss ideas on how to stop a race war.

Don't run away to Canada... They'll deport you! ;)

Could you list off your top 3 to 5 grievances with Trump?

Back