Mod+ The Halloween Ghost Thread

Last summer (Aug) I stayed in London for a few days. I stayed in one of those old, large, row-house hotels near Paddington.

On the last night I was there I went to bed around midnight, but initially couldn't sleep. The room was really cold, and I had an extremely uncomfortable feeling that someone else was in the room. I lay down for a few minutes and tried to sleep but ended up sitting up because the feeling of being watched was so strong. After I sat up I could see smoke/mist in the corner of the tiny room. The mist was completely contained in a sphere that was slightly larger than a basketball, and not quite as round (more oval). I could see it clearly because of the light of the smoke detector (ironically). I watched for a while, and could clearly see the mist/smoke moving around inside its invisible containment.

I was happy that I had got to the bottom of why I was feeling uneasy. I silently thanked it/he/she, then turned over and must have gone straight to sleep since if I had my usual insomnia I would have looked again.

It was awesome and I felt privileged to see it, not afraid at all.

Fascinating, Red. I saw nearly the exact same experience reported on a message board somewhere, can't remember where but in that case it was a woman who'd lost her husband and she saw this ball of light beside her bed which communicated to her that he was OKAY.

Reactions: Red
Fascinating, Red. I saw nearly the exact same experience reported on a message board somewhere, can't remember where but in that case it was a woman who'd lost her husband and she saw this ball of light beside her bed which communicated to her that he was OKAY.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. Although not a fully formed image of a person, it was not just random mist either. I also kind of wish I had put a bit more effort into communicating with it. The feeling that someone was there was very strong so maybe that was the purpose. I did also get the impression that the spirit was connected with the hotel and not me.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. Although not a fully formed image of a person, it was not just random mist either. I also kind of wish I had put a bit more effort into communicating with it. The feeling that someone was there was very strong so maybe that was the purpose. I did also get the impression that the spirit was connected with the hotel and not me.

I've not had an experience like that, Red but I believe I saw a "ghost" about a year ago. I was in the kitchen with my wife and I saw a shadowy figure or something walk across the hall and go up the stairs. I thought my son had come back but the wife told me no (she was sort of aware of something too)

I took a knife out the kitchen drawer and went upstairs but there was no one there. Whether I imagined it and my imagination affected my wife, I don't know but ghosts certainly exist IMO. Probably spirits that have unfinished business.

I posted this on another thread. In 1963 two miners were entombed 380 feet down a caved in shaft. Both saw the same apparitions. One was Pope John 23rd (who'd died 10 weeks before I think) I've researched this case and it really is inexplicable. Pope john was a very cosmopolitan Pope, a real reformer and was liked by all other faiths (I'm not religious but believe in "god" ) real nice guy. He was there with the miners throughout their ordeal and when the big reamer (drill that broke through into their little hole) came through their ceiling, it landed right on top of the Pope's head. Bear in mind that they had to more or less guess where to drill the escape hole.

Thank you K9. :) Because you liked my post I'm going to tell a bit more and see how we go.

Both miners saw a door in front of them and went through it (OBE's) ...to a beautiful marble staircase going up with "people going up." This bit matches nicely with NDE. They saw very beautiful people with radiant bodies in idyllic paradise type gardens. There were many of these ventures into other dimension and the older miner also claimed to have travelled back in time, seeing the Pyramids being constructed and watching Columbus aboard his ship. For most people it's too much too take but Dave Fellin (the older miner) brought back an interesting observation. The Pyramids were constructed of formed (poured) "concrete" ...not made from cut blocks of stone.

A well known French chemist also came up with the same theory 20 years later and it makes sense because no one has any idea how the Egyptians were able to cut (they only had copper saws) stone and furthermore transport it ..and thirdly hoist the huge twenty ton blocks up into the air. Making a wooden frame and filling it up with water, sand, shells and whatever they had using many men (and women K9 :) but only carrying a small load each would have made the job easy. That's what Fellin said.

Of course, it's heresy .......

http://www.geopolymer.org/archaeology/pyramids/are-pyramids-made-out-of-concrete-1/

Thanks for telling us more, Tim. I've heard of the mine disaster before, but I didn't know about the NDE-like experience of the miners.

Interesting case. Loyd Auerbach wrote an article about it in the April 1993 edition of Fate Magazine. Here's an excerpt:

The McCauleys, like most people who experience apparitions, poltergeists, hauntings, or a number of other psychic experiences, had a problem. They experienced a situation in which there was a lot of unexplained sounds and even light/lightning effects. They began to hear voices and even see apparitions (both Bill and Lori witnessed events, as well as their children). In addition, there was much happening that seemed to relate to events that had occurred on the land over the past few centuries, from the sounds and sights of Indians, to apparitions of cows grazing in their bedroom, to sights and sounds of more recent periods of history. "It was like we were being brought back through time," said Bill.

They were addressed directly by the apparitions (one of whom was quite pleasant and even protective). Unfortunately, they sensed for the most part a negative energy or intelligence behind the experience, though no particular reason as to why it was directed at them. In addition, there were physical contacts which ended in bruising and being pushed or pulled.

For myself, I can't come to any conclusion at this point about their case, since I am only now learning the details. In addition, it is difficult for any parapsychologist to "diagnose" a situation that is no longer happening. We could only hazard a guess as to several possibilities. To get any sort of understanding for a particular event, one needs not only the witness testimony, but also the ability to see and explore the setting in which it occurred.

I do believe the McCauleys are quite sincere and that the experience was very real to them. What it was and why it happened to them cannot be stated, if for no other reason than "insufficient data." But it's clear that the experience itself was real.

In effect, besides the haunting itself, the McCauley had two other problems. First of all, since our culture doesn't quite support such experiences even with the idea that they may be "real," fear is the typical reaction of most people. Secondly, there was the question of who they could call for help (a question I discussed in the November 1992 issue of FATE).

As they live in Connecticut, they had naturally heard about the husband-and-wife team of so-called demonologists you may have seen in the media many times. My personal and professional opinion of the "demon" approach is something I have dealt with in past columns. Suffice it to say that any approach whereby one assumes that "Evil" (either as a stand-alone force of nature or in relation to "entities" embodying it) is responsible without at the very least first looking at the situation for other normal or paranormal explanations is in my mind reprehensible.

Why? Because such an approach typically engenders the fear that people already have been subjected to. Such was the case with the McCauleys.

Bill and Lori felt there was no recognition, no acknowledgement of the fear that were feeling in a way that would decrease this reaction.

Read the rest of the article here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ticles/Fate0493.doc+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Doug

Interesting case. Loyd Auerbach wrote an article about it in the April 1993 edition of Fate Magazine. Here's an excerpt:

The McCauleys, like most people who experience apparitions, poltergeists, hauntings, or a number of other psychic experiences, had a problem. They experienced a situation in which there was a lot of unexplained sounds and even light/lightning effects. They began to hear voices and even see apparitions (both Bill and Lori witnessed events, as well as their children). In addition, there was much happening that seemed to relate to events that had occurred on the land over the past few centuries, from the sounds and sights of Indians, to apparitions of cows grazing in their bedroom, to sights and sounds of more recent periods of history. "It was like we were being brought back through time," said Bill.

They were addressed directly by the apparitions (one of whom was quite pleasant and even protective). Unfortunately, they sensed for the most part a negative energy or intelligence behind the experience, though no particular reason as to why it was directed at them. In addition, there were physical contacts which ended in bruising and being pushed or pulled.

For myself, I can't come to any conclusion at this point about their case, since I am only now learning the details. In addition, it is difficult for any parapsychologist to "diagnose" a situation that is no longer happening. We could only hazard a guess as to several possibilities. To get any sort of understanding for a particular event, one needs not only the witness testimony, but also the ability to see and explore the setting in which it occurred.

I do believe the McCauleys are quite sincere and that the experience was very real to them. What it was and why it happened to them cannot be stated, if for no other reason than "insufficient data." But it's clear that the experience itself was real.

In effect, besides the haunting itself, the McCauley had two other problems. First of all, since our culture doesn't quite support such experiences even with the idea that they may be "real," fear is the typical reaction of most people. Secondly, there was the question of who they could call for help (a question I discussed in the November 1992 issue of FATE).

As they live in Connecticut, they had naturally heard about the husband-and-wife team of so-called demonologists you may have seen in the media many times. My personal and professional opinion of the "demon" approach is something I have dealt with in past columns. Suffice it to say that any approach whereby one assumes that "Evil" (either as a stand-alone force of nature or in relation to "entities" embodying it) is responsible without at the very least first looking at the situation for other normal or paranormal explanations is in my mind reprehensible.

Why? Because such an approach typically engenders the fear that people already have been subjected to. Such was the case with the McCauleys.

Bill and Lori felt there was no recognition, no acknowledgement of the fear that were feeling in a way that would decrease this reaction.

Read the rest of the article here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ticles/Fate0493.doc+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Doug
Thanks for the article, Doug. I wonder what ever happened with VOPPS?

Thanks for the article, Doug. I wonder what ever happened with VOPPS?

I imagine VOPPS was unable to compete for funding against pseudo-investigators/researchers like the Warrens (the infamous husband and wife team of "demonologists" referred to in the video). It is a sad fact of life that responsible research in so many fields is eclipsed by sensationalism. By and large, the public prefers entertainment over knowledge.

Doug

Last edited:
"In the summer of 1989 in a quiet neighborhood in San Pedro, California, Jackie Hernandez awoke in the middle of the night to see a ghastly vision in her children’s bedroom. Sitting in one of the beds, looking right at her, was the image of a haggard old man. He wore a lumberjack flannel shirt and denim suspenders.

Jackie was petrified by terror. And in that twilight moment of adrenaline, she caught a glimpse of the bright eyes that were inside her children’s bedroom. The eyes belonging to a cadaverous face that had been staring at her. Motionless, threatening.

What follows is the true story based on multiple eyewitness accounts of the strange events that happened one summer in San Pedro, California.

Jackie Hernandez. The single mother of two was barely making ends meet in 1989. She worked long hours at various menial jobs and would usually drop off her two baby boys with her friend and neighbor, Susan Castenada.

However one summer morning Jackie showed up to Susan’s door. She was in a state of panic and disarray. After calming down, she told Susan about what she had just seen over at her house. She told her the ghoulish figure in her boys’ bedroom and that she had been hearing strange sounds coming from her attic for the last few days. Susan knew that what Jackie had seen was a ghost and knew exactly who to call.

Dr. Barry Taff received the telephone call from Susan in which she explained to him the urgency of this matter. She told him that her neighbor was afraid of going back to her own house. She told him that two small children were also involved. Dr. Taff showed up to the residence as soon as he could. He brought with him his friend and accomplished cameraman, Barry Conrad. There were also a few associates of Dr. Taff involved in the first visit to Jackie’s house."

The rest of the story is in the clip below. A quite remarkable story, to say the least.

The Poltergeist at Stans, Switzerland, in the 1860's

"One of the fullest descriptions of poltergeist activity is a nineteenth century case that took place in Stans, Switzerland. I first came across it in Gauld and Cornell's Poltergeists, and from their summary and extracts found it to be one of the most dramatic cases I'd ever come across. Pure Hollywood. The source is a pamphlet written in the mid 1860s by Melchior Joller, the lawyer whose household had been torn apart, and who was anxious to give the true story of the events, based on the diary he kept at the time.

However it's in German, so is not as well known as it deserves to be. So I've been amusing myself in my spare time by doing an English translation. It's quite long, about 40 pages in the original. You can read the full version here if you're interested, and I plan to make it available on Kindle in due course (for free). In the meantime, here's a summary.

We're talking about a large ramshackle old house on the outskirts of Stans, a small town in the central part of German-speaking Switzerland, near Lake Lucerne (see picture - it was torn down quite recently). It was occupied by Joller, a 42-year-old lawyer and member of parliament who had lived in it all his life, and his wife and seven children. The events started slowly in late 1860, when various members of the household - although not Joller himself - started hearing odd knockings from bedsteads and walls. They were especially alarmed when, as happened in some cases, the knockings appeared to respond to their spoken commands. However whenever they told Joller about it, he told them it was superstitious fancy, and to forget about it.

One day when the children were alone in the house, things started to get more serious:

During the course of the morning 14-year-old Melanie was alone with the housemaid when she mentioned that her younger sister Henriette often heard a peculiar knocking on the wall of the bathroom, so the two of them went there to look. Henriette came by at that moment and confirmed what she had said. But Melanie couldn't hear anything and wouldn't believe it, calling out loudly 'in God's name, if something is there, then come out and knock!' And immediately there was a knocking, like someone rapping with his knuckles. Then Oscar turned up, and hearing what had happened made the same demand, and again it immediately answered with the same knocking. When their older brother Edward heard what was going on he too rushed up and made the same request and for the third time it gave the same answer.

Terrified, they flew headlong out of the house and sat on the bottom of the front steps. At this point an oval stone, roughly the size of a fist, flew between Melanie and the youngest boy Alfred, who was standing quite near to her, however without hurting either of them. After a while they plucked up enough courage to go back in and get their lunch, finding all the cupboard doors in the downstairs living room and chamber, big and small, wide open. They closed them and went into the kitchen, from where they saw that the door of my study was also standing open. They closed it and took out the key, but soon it was standing wide open again. Thinking it might be because of an air current, they closed the windows and shut the doors firmly, and then stood by the front door, to see whether it would open again. Nothing happened, but the moment they turned to go the door stood wide open. Again they closed it. Now they clearly heard the muffled steps of someone coming down the stairs. Then the bedroom door opened again; they closed it and bolted it but the moment their backs were turned it opened again. As things were getting ever more peculiar, they again left the house.

It was time for lunch so the maid went back into the kitchen. Looking towards the corridor, she thought she saw someone hanging a sheet from one corner down the stairs from the upstairs banister. Observing more closely, it seemed to be rounded off at the top and with two long black marks at the bottom, like the tips of two feet. Shocked she called out, "who's there?" With a sound like "Wuh", the form suddenly vanished, at which the girl went white and stumbled outside screaming.

The children spent the day outside in the barn, venturing near to the house every so often. But things became so extremely weird - groans, strange shapes flitting around, doors constantly springing open, and other bizarre events - that when their mother came back in the evening she found them outside weeping with terror.

Joller seems to have been typical of many educated men of his time, conventionally religious, but at the same time holding a modern, progressive outlook and an interest in science. So far he had no direct experience of the phenomenon, and was exasperated at repeated mention of it. If they bothered him any more about it, he warned his children, he'd take a stick to their backsides.

Soon afterwards his wife heard the familiar knockings in the corridor and made him come and listen. He agreed it was odd, but since it was getting late he said he'd get to the bottom of it the following day. In the meantime he read aloud from an improving book on the evils on superstition, in the hope that it would persuade his family to stop being so stupid. Right on cue, the noises started up again, and he spent the rest of the evening in a fruitless search for the cause.

The next day the disturbances started in earnest:

The din began again at six o'clock in the morning and spread all over the house. It started underneath the living room door, two or three quick blows as if made by a heavy wooden mallet; this was followed by a heavy knocking on the doors ... and in various places upstairs, with short pauses between. The knocking on the doors sometimes ended with strong blows...

All the time the racket was going on all over the house - now here, now there; now upstairs, now downstairs - with increasing strength. I narrowed my investigation down to the phenomenon itself, which seemed to occur at short intervals mainly on the doors and floors of the living room and lower bedroom. I placed my hand on the door, variously on the inside and outside, and on the upper half around which the blows were perceptible, yet without feeling anything on my hand, not even a draught or disturbance of air. I also held the door half-open, so as to observe it from both sides; the rapping occurred again without my perceiving any cause.

I went and stood outside while my family observed from inside - for a long time in vain. Eventually there were such mighty thumps on the door between the bedroom and the kitchen that each time, being made of soft pinewood, it visibly bent. At around ten o'clock I went and stood by the bedroom door and gently pulled back the bolt so that the door was only just held on the latch. My wife stood with one of the boys some twenty-two paces behind me, placed so that when the door opened she could see the kitchen window in the background, whilst I could only see the dark kitchen wall.

After a little while the door was so powerfully struck that it flew open and hit the wall. In that moment I saw - I was certain of it - something dark, although I couldn't make out its shape precisely against the dim background. It shot like lightning from the door to the side of the chimney. Rushing after it, and before I could say a word, my wife and son called out that they had just clearly seen a dark-brown half arm bone dart back from the door, and their assertions were so quick and simultaneous there could be no doubt this apparition had passed in front of them... I made a stringent search of the chimney, but found it empty, with no mark on the fallen soot, nor any other clue.

The next day Joller got back from work to find the whole family outside, shaking with terror. He went inside and found that the disturbances repeated every few minutes, including blows on the floor "so violent, it was as though a wooden mallet was being swung with all the strength of a powerful arm, causing the living room table to spring in the air and displacing the objects sitting on it." The heavy living room door burst open and slammed shut again "with the greatest force", and there were blows on the bedroom door that were so strong he feared it break into pieces at any moment.

Joller was becoming seriously alarmed, especially as crowds were starting to gather in the street outside. He got various local worthies to come and help, who although they could plainly see and hear what was going on, could only offer vague speculations that led nowhere. He then told the police, who also observed the phenomena, and by the middle of the next week the town council had authorised an official investigation.

Joller seems to have hoped this would take over the burden, but to his bitter disappointment it petered out without achieving anything. This seems at least partly because the family had temporarily moved out while the investigation was in progress, and in their absence the phenomena largely disappeared. Yet as soon as the investigation terminated and the family returned, it all started again in force.

From early September to the third week in October the Jollers were effectively left to cope on their own,. By this time they dared not sleep in the house, and instead lodged nearby, but the phenomena raged during the day while they were there. The backdrop was the bangings and door slammings, which occurred at more or less short intervals, although not necessarily continuously. They also found themselves being bombarded with objects - stones, mainly, but also things like apples and pears (which presumably were lying under the trees or were being stored somewhere). There were sounds - brooms sweeping, spinning wheels, water running, etc - that sounded entirely realistic but had no visible source, as in this example:

As we were sitting at the table after lunch, two of my children saw a transparent fuzzy silhouette tripping towards them from the front door, and through the corridor to the open living room door, where there were several loud knocks; the door then slammed shut in the usual way. Around one o'clock in the afternoon the sweeping was again to be heard in the dark corridor, and it carried on in front of the opened door; there, heavy muffled steps were heard, as if someone was walking away. Soon afterwards I heard a sound in my study as if someone in the little closet next door was working a spinning wheel, with the thread being turned in long pulls. The whirring of the spindle was so clear and lifelike that I was sure it was just what it sounded like. Yet I found no trace of such a thing, and it seemed that wherever I went it was always in the next room - nor did my investigations seem to disturb it. The maid claimed she had already heard this spinning several times of late; it sometimes sounded to her like the grinding of cogs, like an old Black Forest clock being wound up.
Objects were also displaced, in an apparently mischievous manner:

While the family were sitting down to coffee, the maid, sweeping by the open living room door, drew our attention to a noise upstairs. We hurried up, together with three students who had dropped in out of curiosity. In the upstairs living room a strange sight of disorder met our eyes. On the left wall a big tableau (of Amazons fighting) had been taken down and was lying upside down on the floor, as were both mirrors from the further wall. A glass sugar bowl, which normally stood on the right on the high chiffonier, lay likewise tipped over on the floor in front of it, the cover at its side. A fruit basket that had been standing on the chest-of-drawers at the backwall lay in the same condition, and the oil lamp at the far wall had moved. Next to an ornamental lamp a little sun-blind that had previously stood in a corner of the room now hung from its handle, stretched wide open. Under it a red cloth that normally hung by the window had been laid on the floor and nearby a uphostered chair lay upside down. Many of these items were fragile, yet none were broken... Meanwhile a neighbour who had just come into the house was gazing in astonishment at the weird arrangement in the living room, where all the chairs lay upside down around the table.
And in another example:

When I got to the house I discovered that shortly after my departure in the morning there had been three quick and very violent blows from under the living room floor. My wife, who was in the bedroom, went with Emaline and stood by the door; in this moment both saw a stool in the living room move slowly from its place and then in a flash turn over with its legs in the air, hitting the floor so violently that the dust from the grooves in the floorboards blew up. Then the living room doors slammed so violently that the noise could be heard far over the neighbourhood.
As a busy professional, Joller was under immense pressure to keep up with clients and court cases, while simultaneously dealing with the constant havoc in his household. Being an MP he had a reputation to think of, and to be the centre of unexplained disturbances that made him an object of gossip, speculation and innuendo, must have been intolerable. For the next six or seven weeks the Jollers had crowds gawping outside, many of them on a day-trip from nearby Lucerne. There were numerous curiosity-seekers in the house itself - probably admitted by Joller in order to back up his own claims about the inexplicability of what was happening - and at one point the crowds outside managed to break in.

In our age we're used to the phenomenon of ordinary people being suddenly engulfed in a media firestorm, often through no fault of their own. We have a lively sense of the ghastly destructive havoc it causes in their lives. In Joller's time, I guess, it wasn't so common, but this is effectively what happened to him. He calls it a "public stoning", and says: "Woe betide anyone unlucky enough to get mixed up in such a thing. He will be shown no mercy, thrown as prey to the raging monster."

By mid-October Joller was beginning to lose heart, and around the 23rd he and his family moved out of the house for the last time. As far as I'm aware, little is known about their movements after this, except that they fetched up in Rome, where Joller died some three years later.

What are we to make of it? Is any of it true?

If we think such things don't happen, and must always be attributed to hoaxing or misunderstandings, then I suppose we have to dismiss it as a confabulation, however convincing it sounds. On the other hand the case is well-known in Germany and Switzerland, and I imagine there must be documentary evidence of it, in newspaper reports, town records, personal reminiscences, and so on. In which case it could not be completely made up.

But then could it be a hoax played by one member of the family, a line that was vigorously promoted by sceptics and scoffers at the time? I think that's hard to sustain, if you accept at face value what Joller described. There was far too much going on for one person to have achieved it on his/her own, and the sheer variety of the phenomena would have required not one bit of trickery but a whole range of different devices. Nor is plausible that that a household of ten people would not have quickly discovered the tricks. It's slightly more plausible that Joller was the victim of a hoax by the rest of his family, or by a group of his children. But if you read Joller's account, you will quickly see that he was careful and methodical in his observations, and it's hard to believe that he would not quickly have figured out what was really going on.

What especially weighs with me is the rich literature around these sorts of unexplained knockings. Some of the other phenomena - stone throwing, realistic sounds, misplacement of furniture and objects - have been reported in several hundred other cases as well. So it's by no means an isolated example. If we accept that such things can occur in nature, then this would seem to be an authentic example.

But then we may go on to ask whether it has to do with psychokinesis of the living or spirits of the dead. The narrative describes a strong sense of presences in the house, and many visual sightings - in the early stages, of fuzzy or transparent shapes, but then towards the end of faces at the window glimpsed from the outside. There are also frequent sounds - of unseen people groaning, and occasionally also of speech. In this context an incident that occurs early on may have some relevance. The children are sheltering from the disturbances outside when an old crone hobbles past and engages them in conversation: it appears she knew four young girls who used to live there, and who were drowned in the nearby river in a tragic accident. So there's something there to support the idea of a haunting, although Joller does no more than hint at it and clearly does not want to go into detail.

What strikes me most about this narrative is its immense pathos. Always the most interesting thing about the paranormal for me - by far the most interesting - is that vortex of interaction between the normal and the utterly, absurdly abnormal. Many people in modern secular society are exactly like Joller. Their ideas are informed by science, and it's natural for them to abhor superstition. Tales of ghosts and things-that-go-bump are for inferior types, the weakminded. Yet very rarely, such a person is badly bitten by the real thing. Suddenly he becomes an outcast, a denizen of the world he once complacently despised, of the supernatural believer, desperately semaphoring his discovery to the world - which merely jeers, as he himself would surely have done, and takes no notice.

Throughout the narrative you sense a man clinging to the hope that if he only observed everything that was going on, and faithfully noted it down - in such a way that he could get the rest of the world to accept it - then he would remain sane and untouched. Alas for him, this did not happen. The fact that he died so soon afterwards, and in exile - ruined and perplexed - makes his story all the more poignant.

Source: http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranormalia/2011/10/-the-ghosts-at-stans.html

http://weekinweird.com/2016/06/11/o...-ghost-hunting-show-to-ever-hit-the-airwaves/
I’d always thought that Most Haunted had been one of the first to perfect the “ghost hunting show”, but it turns out I was off by about two decades. John had sent me an episode of In Search Of which first aired back in the summer of 1977, and as I expected, he was right. Within minutes it was obvious that I was watching the episode of television that single-handedly pioneered “the format” 25-years before everyone else caught on. In the episode, famed ghost hunter Hans Holzer heads to the East Coast to investigate rumors of an alleged haunting in a small fishing village.

I have just recently come across a Canadian show about ghost hunting which is not a big, steaming, pile of crap. It feels authentic, and they actually do stuff other than wander around in the dark.

It is very much a native production and plays on The Aboriginal People's Network (APTN). I don't know if this link will work outside of Canada, but you might find it on another network, youtube etc.

http://aptn.ca/theotherside/

I have just recently come across a Canadian show about ghost hunting which is not a big, steaming, pile of crap. It feels authentic, and they actually do stuff other than wander around in the dark.

It is very much a native production and plays on The Aboriginal People's Network (APTN). I don't know if this link will work outside of Canada, but you might find it on another network, youtube etc.

Red, I'm watching the latest episode. If you've come across some that are particularly good, please let me (us) know. Thanks.

I went through the 13 episodes of season 2. These were the ones I thought best and generally much stronger than the others (but this is a consistently solid, serious show):

- No. 2 ("Hand"). Toys that play on their own, and strong signs of communication through an EMF meter.
- No. 8 ("A Loaf of Bread"). Good evidence of communication through electronic devices.
- No. 9 ("The Gift"). Very different than the other episodes. Not evidential, but hypnotic regression to access spirit possession, followed by dramatic spirit release procedures.
- No. 11. ("Nicholai"). Ostensible spirit communication through electronic equipment again, and strong sensations experienced by the investigators.
- No. 12 ("Rows and Rows and Rows of Doors".) Very clear words coming out of the "spirit box" electronic device, seemingly veridical info coming through (a message given to a member of the investigative team), and good evidence of actual communication going on. Pretty impressive!

I went through the 13 episodes of season 2. These were the ones I thought best and generally much stronger than the others (but this is a consistently solid, serious show):

- No. 2 ("Hand"). Toys that play on their own, and strong signs of communication through an EMF meter.
- No. 8 ("A Loaf of Bread"). Good evidence of communication through electronic devices.
- No. 9 ("The Gift"). Very different than the other episodes. Not evidential, but hypnotic regression to access spirit possession, followed by dramatic spirit release procedures.
- No. 11. ("Nicholai"). Ostensible spirit communication through electronic equipment again, and strong sensations experienced by the investigators.
- No. 12 ("Rows and Rows and Rows of Doors".) Very clear words coming out of the "spirit box" electronic device, seemingly veridical info coming through (a message given to a member of the investigative team), and good evidence of actual communication going on. Pretty impressive!

Good job Ian!
There are some good episodes from season 1 as well. In some of the episodes they were stalked by a spirit they originally met at a museum.

Back