The #QAnon Conciousness Phenomena

Sorry David, but you are proving my point exactly. Trump orders air strikes on Syria despite his non-interventionist promises, and you are trying to attribute to him some long term con and good intentioned backstory so you don't have to face the truth about your candidate. The pretzel twisting logic is incredible. When do you realize that you are the one who has been conned?
I would certainly dump him for good if he started another pointless major war.
He is in an extraordinary, possibly unique position of winning a presidential election, and then being opposed root and branch by most of the media and the heads of the FBI, and the DOJ from the very day of his triumph, and having a special council appointed on totally flimsy grounds. He clearly has to duck and weave a bit, and if he has to execute the odd "Trump attack" which involves lots of growling and histrionics but prior negotiation with the 'enemy' to achieve no loss of life, I am still his supporter.

If we get definite evidence that those videos were faked, I could also see him sacking a load of neo-cons, and maybe getting them on treason charges.

David

His [Jones'] station morphed almost overnight from a conspiracy/penis pill site to a site almost indistinguishable from any other right wing republican propaganda site.

That is not true. Jones warned viewers to be wary of Trump because of the associations you mention, but he did support Trump 100% during the election because Trump was our best option.

If you think Jones is a "typical Republican propaganda site", I dare you to go on a typical Republican forum and start talking about the conspiracy facts involving Republicans that Jones exposes. See how long it takes them to ban you.

https://www.startpage.com/do/search?q=republican+discussion+forum

I'll wait.

Come on, Charlie -- that's a lazy answer and you know it. I'm not going to take you up on your "dare." I'm just calling it like I see it, and I'm certainly not the only one who noticed. It's another Red Ice situation -- a former conspiracy forum taken over by an Alt Right agenda that ultimately exacerbates and reinforces the false left-right paradigm. The difference with Jones and IW is Day and Night for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

I suppose that seeing the blatant, obvious corruption of HRC was enough to make many people want any "alternative" to her -- just like back in the horrendous waterboarding/red alert days of Cheney/Bush, when people believed/prayed/hoped that Obama really represented Hope and Change. But Alex Jones has been in this game long enough to know that there is no "viable alternative" being offered to us in a corrupt and controlled two-party system. And yet, he's been a Trump apologist ever since, also attributing some long con game and benevolent ulterior motive(s) by Trump that appear to have no evidentiary support whatsoever. How do you (Jones) go from conspiracy theorist to Trump Train Kool Aid drinker? Nothing about that makes any sense, and he would have been far more trustworthy had he broken with Trump the moment Trump started filling his cabinet with more of the same.

Come on, Charlie -- that's a lazy answer and you know it. I'm not going to take you up on your "dare." I'm just calling it like I see it, and I'm certainly not the only one who noticed. It's another Red Ice situation -- a former conspiracy forum taken over by an Alt Right agenda that ultimately exacerbates and reinforces the false left-right paradigm. The difference with Jones and IW is Day and Night for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

I suppose that seeing the blatant, obvious corruption of HRC was enough to make many people want any "alternative" to her -- just like back in the horrendous waterboarding/red alert days of Cheney/Bush, when people believed/prayed/hoped that Obama really represented Hope and Change. But Alex Jones has been in this game long enough to know that there is no "viable alternative" being offered to us in a corrupt and controlled two-party system. And yet, he's been a Trump apologist ever since, also attributing some long con game and benevolent ulterior motive(s) by Trump that appear to have no evidentiary support whatsoever. How do you (Jones) go from conspiracy theorist to Trump Train Kool Aid drinker? Nothing about that makes any sense, and he would have been far more trustworthy had he broken with Trump the moment Trump started filling his cabinet with more of the same.
So far, President Trump has engaged in two essentially symbolic attacks, which may have killed nobody. He clearly has a profound desire to protect human life and avoid an escalating military situation. Ask yourself what Hillary Clinton would have done.

I have noticed on a number of occasions how quickly people tire of a leader who they once supported, because he cannot instantly deliver everything.

David

But Alex Jones has been in this game long enough to know that there is no "viable alternative" being offered to us in a corrupt and controlled two-party system. And yet, he's been a Trump apologist ever since,

Shame on us for working to get the least-warmonger Candidate available elected.

Shame on us for encouraging people to support President Trump when he acts as he promised.

Shame on us for criticizing President Trump when he acts contrary to his promises.

What a nice little box you've constructed for us. LOL

Shame on us for criticizing President Trump when he acts contrary to his promises.
So you don't think firing 100+ cruise missiles into Syria, and not killing anyone is rather special?

Don't forget that if he loses the support of the GOP, he is toast - which means he would be impeached, and we would all be toast soon after.

David

Shame on us for working to get the least-warmonger Candidate available elected.

Shame on us for encouraging people to support President Trump when he acts as he promised.

What a nice little box you've constructed for us. LOL

Little snippets like this do not advance useful conversation. I am genuinely curious as to what you think Trump has done to act as he promised or to benefit anyone other than the ruling/entrenched elite? Didn't he promise to put HRC in jail? Didn't he promise to go after sex traffickers -- the big ones, not the small fish that were already being investigated/targeted? Didn't he promise non-interventionism in the Middle East? Didn't he promise to "drain the swamp" of Wall Street and Neocon elites? Didn't he promise to put money towards infrastructure and not foreign skirmishes? Without responding with links to right wing videos or Alex Jones echo chambers that I won't watch and do not persuade anyone but true believers anyway, please tell me what you think Trump has done to benefit the average American and humanity in general?

I don't see it at all.

Also, Charlie, I didn't put YOU in any box. I am criticizing/calling out a suspect media personality -- not you personally, but apparently you identify so much with him that you cannot distinguish between the two ("us"??) and take offense on behalf of someone I have to assume you don't actually know personally.

And no, I have not seen Alex Jones criticizing Trump when he has acted contrary to promises -- as he has from Day One. Instead, Jones showcases alt right guests (Roger Stone, etc.) who administer salves to the confused IW acolytes -- anytime Trump goes against his campaign promises -- salves assuring them that Trump's just playing some genius-level "4D Chess" and really doesn't mean a thing he says or does. His speech and tweets against Asad and his support for the BS official narrative about Asad using chemical weapons on his own people? Just a ruse to trick people into thinking he's a warmongering neocon like his predecessors. But don't believe it, cause it's all just showmanship to cover his real intentions of making sure the Syria airstrikes don't harm a single innocent man, woman or child (right David? Showing his "profound desire to protect human life"....facepalm).

Apparently Trump's far more brilliant than previous Presidents (JFK) -- able to outwit the deep state --- simply by doing Every Single Thing it asks him to do.

has engaged in two essentially symbolic attacks

If that was the idea, it still could have backfired bigly (or big league, if you prefer). All you'd need is one lucky shot from a Syrian anti-aircraft gun (or something) and we could all currently be on our way to a sand and mohawk based economy.

Last edited:
So you don't think firing 100+ cruise missiles into Syria, and not killing anyone is rather special?
If that were true, I would think it "special".

The fact you think this is true indicates your sources of information are only corporate NeoCon war propaganda outfits like Fox News.

How many troops do you believe the U.S. has in Syria at this moment?

45YZsYO.jpg

Didn't he promise to put HRC in jail? Didn't he promise to go after sex traffickers -- the big ones, not the small fish that were already being investigated/targeted? Didn't he promise non-interventionism in the Middle East? Didn't he promise to "drain the swamp" of Wall Street and Neocon elites? Didn't he promise to put money towards infrastructure and not foreign skirmishes?

Estimates vary, but any amount greater than zero is more than Hillary would have done.

I voted for President Trump during the last Presidential Election.

Who did you vote for?

If that were true, I would think it "special".

The fact you think this is true indicates your sources of information are only corporate NeoCon war propaganda outfits like Fox News.

How many troops do you believe the U.S. has in Syria at this moment?
Do you want to show me a site that claims casualties. Also, why hasn't Syria or Russia reported these?

I know that there are US troops in Syria, and I want them out as soon as possible. I don't know how many.

David

They have reported it.

Sidenote, the U.S. has killed about a 1/2 a Million people in Syria since Obama and Trump took office.

Texas is about the same size as Syria. Imagine if some terrorist nation did that to Texas.

Estimates vary, but any amount greater than zero is more than Hillary would have done.

I voted for President Trump during the last Presidential Election.

Who did you vote for?

Jill Stein.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jill_Stein.htm

Agree with her on many things she supposedly stands for (banning GMO's and neonecotinoids, adopting the Precautionary Principle, middle east non-interventionist, Congressional term limits, reopen 9/11 investigation, against Common Core, etc.) -- disagree on many others (e.g. vaccines). I knew it was a throw-away vote in this two-party selection system -- but couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the selected "options."

I also had no illusions that "president" Stein would have been the same as "candidate" Stein. But I'd like to think I'd voice my dissatisfaction/disillusionment immediately, instead of twisting myself into a pretzel trying to explain some non-existent 4D chess game whenever she went against her stated campaign promises.

This urge to support a President just b/c he/she allegedly represents one's chosen party affiliation is absurd. It smacks of mind control to me. And I saw it happen on the left with Obama too: many liberal friends turned apologists for all of the campaign promises he blatantly disregarded (e.g., close Guantanamo, pull out of Iraq/Afghanistan, more transparency in government, more transparency in the food system, support for whisteblowers, etc.). But it seems to be taking the Trump supporters an awfully long time to acknowledge the Big Con here, particularly when Trump's "about face" is so blatant. National Security Advisor Bolton? Can't get much more hawkish/neocon than that, unless he brings back Cheney.

And I think Alex Jones is playing a big part in the artificially delayed cognitive dissonance.

https://saraacarter.com/breaking-la...clinton-comey-lynch-to-doj-on-steele-dossier/
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee member Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Florida, along with nine other colleagues sent the letter Wednesday to Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray criminally referring former FBI Director James Comey, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for their involvement in the investigations into President Trump and alleged violations of federal law. FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok and his paramour FBI lawyer Lisa Page, whose anti-Trump text messages obtained by the DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, were also included in the referral.​

https://saraacarter.com/breaking-la...clinton-comey-lynch-to-doj-on-steele-dossier/
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee member Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Florida, along with nine other colleagues sent the letter Wednesday to Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray criminally referring former FBI Director James Comey, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for their involvement in the investigations into President Trump and alleged violations of federal law. FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok and his paramour FBI lawyer Lisa Page, whose anti-Trump text messages obtained by the DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, were also included in the referral.​

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ferral-to-sessions-wray-and-prosecutor-huber/

Congress Sends Criminal Referral To Sessions, Wray and Prosecutor Huber…

https://www.scribd.com/document/376738736/Congressional-Criminal-Referral-to-DOJ

Trump's "about face" is so blatant. National Security Advisor Bolton? Can't get much more hawkish/neocon than that, unless he brings back Cheney.
This may be true, but I rather doubt it. As I have said already, a symbolic attack that kills nobody is quite different from an attack - I'll bet Bolton is tearing his hair out! Trump has a difficult negotiation coming up with NK, and he does need to look plausibly tough, but ultimately I hope he has the sense not to follow Bolton's advice.

If he can make a success of NK, I'd bet he will drop Bolton with one excuse or another. The President is a remarkably clever guy (despite first impressions), and I think he wants to achieve things that you and I and most decent people would approve of - but with the US system as it is, you clearly can't just become president and then do exactly what is necessary.

David

Back