Mod+ The Science of Parapsychology video thread [Resources]

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by K9!, Jul 29, 2015.

1. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

Do you actually have anything useful to contribute to his forum - I am seriously starting to wonder.
    David

north likes this.
  2. D.R.Alit

D.R.Alit Member

I have contributed quite a few posts and gotten likes for it. But for some reason you don't like me. Maybe you don't like Christians. That's not my problem mate.

3. David Bailey

I think people who believe in any religion exclusively are almost certainly misguided. I mean humanity has existed a long time, and a whole set of religions have sprung up - somehow that needs consideration - in effect spirituality can descend into a form of dangerous tribalism.

I would like everyone to make relevant comments - not comments about someone's appearance? Would you like it if the priest made totally irrelevant comments of that sort in the middle of a service?

David

4. D.R.Alit

D.R.Alit Member

I had a feeling you were very sensitive and touchy and you just confirmed it. You are very hostile towards me from the first post I made. I can only put this down to you feeling threatened by Christian ideas and nothing else. I know how you feel about this David, I used to be like you too. But I don't identify myself as a "Christian" and I don't hold to many of the Church's dogmas and theologies. Still, most paranormal, psychic, consciousness people are very antagonistic towards Jesus Christ. I think that goes without saying, to be honest. Your hostility with me is only in your imagination, because what you are really hostile to is Jesus Christ. I have no bad feelings towards you, David. Though I see that if I put a little "LOL" sign at the end of a post that is enough for you to threaten to ban me.

5. D.R.Alit

D.R.Alit Member

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with the way Lawrence Krauss or his doppleganger in this video look. I just thought it was quite a nice coincidence.

6. David Bailey

Well at least I have managed to get you talking a bit more seriously!

I suppose that most of what we talk about here is, in a sense, sacred, and if people are totally flippant about that (in their various ways) that gets my back up!

I used to be a Christian until age 20, and at the time I gave that up because I didn't believe all the supernatural stuff, and heck, I was doing a science degree - but even so, I felt Christianity meant well. Slowly I have come to almost the opposite position. First, I was staggered that the two versions of Christianity in Northern Ireland at the time of "The Troubles", didn't join forces and utterly condemn all the militias. In reality they sort of half did, but half didn't!

Then I came to appreciate that some of science was bluff and make-believe. For example, scientists came to believe in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and back in the 1980's, they persuaded governments to spend a lot of money on AI. Gradually it became obvious that AI was not going to succeed, and after a 10-year spend it all came to an end. Obviously the idea of AI is bouncing back at present, and I suspect it is as vacuous as before and will end up in a crash. AI is the materialistic view of the mind par excelance - it is nothing but a computation.

That started me on a quest to try to understand what consciousness is really about. This forum is about as close as I have got - because it isn't dogmatic, and it explores ideas. I suppose Alex is on roughly the same quest. I realised that a lot of ψ ideas have more in them than is normally appreciated, because conventional science doesn't play fair. you only need to look at the dispute between Rupert Sheldrake and Richard Wiseman to see that. ψ ideas are something of a complicated muddle right now, but I feel they may contain some fundamental truths.

Hence I moderate this forum - trying to keep discussions focussed on the truth!

David

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  7. Chuckles

Chuckles New

Thanks, David! You are doing the overlord's work!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    malf likes this.
  8. K9!

K9! New

9. K9!

K9! New

laborde likes this.
  10. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  11. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  12. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  13. K9!

K9! New

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  14. K9!

K9! New

Laird and Trancestate like this.
  15. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  16. K9!

K9! New

I'll be surprised if this stays on youtube for long. It's Third Eye Spies, the documentary about Russell Targ and the remote viewing program at SRI.

Trancestate likes this.
  17. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  18. K9!

K9! New

The Parapsychology Foundation's youtube channel provides a lot of the interesting content linked to in this thread. Under the new rules that youtube has recently come up with to make it harder for small channels to monetize, the Parapsychology Foundation no longer qualifies to earn money from their channel. They need more subscribers. If you value the content they make available, then consider supporting their channel by subscribing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKx9X_6Ek5JynhJYtiH_HQA

Trancestate likes this.
  19. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

beep boop, i think this has been posted?

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/collection/stargate

i dunno if its ethier a thing to throw soviets off, or they genuinely got remote viewers

I know someone mentioned they had geller on it, but i did see someone post an interesting theory, what if geller intentionally got himself debunked? so as to throw public attention away from this project ?

20. K9!

K9! New

Note: Moddel goes over the evidence for and against the possibility that the Global Consciousness Project's results are being produced by the experimenter effect. Really good overview of some of the early work on micro PK.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Trancestate likes this.