The Simple Experiment

After seeing just about everyone here running in circles between the afterlife is real/isn't real factions, I honestly thought if, at night, just before I went to sleep, I just asked whoever created the universe to reveal themself to me, in a way that I could understand the event was of their design, they would. I admit I didn't ask every day, but I sure thought about it every day.

After six months, as you can imagine because I'm not on TV screaming Eureka! nothing has happened. This has led me to four possible conclusions:

A) there was no intelligent force directing the machinations of the universe
B) there was such a force, but it chose not to reveal itself to me
C) there was a force, but it was prevented from revealing itself to me, either by me unknowingly or by a third party (which I consider the scariest option)
D) my experiment was not simple enough

My belief is that what is needed in the field of parapsychology is an experiment so simple, without any artificiality involved, that anyone and everyone in the world can do it and get the same result.

For example, to test that the sun exists, I need no beliefs, no measurements, no electrodes, nothing but my skin to feel the heat or my eyes to be see the light; completely natural. Simple. If I want to test that water is wet, I can drink some from a faucet or swim in a pool. Simple. Surely such an experimentioned must be possible in parapsychology, yes? What are your thoughts?

That occurred to me, but what other question can I ask to gather evidence, or dare I say proof, that God (or whatever other name) exists, than to point blank ask, "dear God, will you please reveal yourself to me in a way that I can understand the event was designed by you?"

That occurred to me, but what other question can I ask to gather evidence, or dare I say proof, that God (or whatever other name) exists, than to point blank ask, "dear God, will you please reveal yourself to me in a way that I can understand the event was designed by you?"

well I guess you just have to find out through trial and error which questions provide you with answers, and which ones don't...?

My feeling would be that it's probably unrealistic to expect an "answer" in this sense, from the perspective of baseline consciousness.

Well, your ordinary waking state, or close enough to it that the normal space-time consensus properties of our human experience aren't sufficiently altered. Normally,it would seem, a radical disequilibrium is what achieves the space where "answers" to these questions can emerge into your awareness...near death, psychotropics, fasting in the wilderness, prolonged and profound meditative states. Etc. Stastistically, this has been the way it's happened for human beings. I've been asking the kind of questions you've asked most of my life, in baseline consciousness, and never heard a peep.

Well, your ordinary waking state, or close enough to it that the normal space-time consensus properties of our human experience aren't sufficiently altered. Normally,it would seem, a radical disequilibrium is what achieves the space where "answers" to these questions can emerge into your awareness...near death, psychotropics, fasting in the wilderness, prolonged and profound meditative states. Etc. Stastistically, this has been the way it's happened for human beings. I've been asking the kind of questions you've asked most of my life, in baseline consciousness, and never heard a peep.

Ah, I understand now, thank you. If what you say is true, then my experiment is... too simple. That stinks. Now I have to find out what other factors must be considered. Is there a location I have to be in? A position? A state of consciousness? Hmm.

Ah, I understand now, thank you. If what you say is true, then my experiment is... too simple. That stinks. Now I have to find out what other factors must be considered. Is there a location I have to be in? A position? A state of consciousness? Hmm.

Consider it like this. You profess a desire to be at 35,000 feet. Realistically, you can't jump, so you only have a few options: fired from a cannon, climb a mountain, use a balloon, etc. All involve courage which we may or may not have.

In all probability, there's no fundamental reason why either of us couldn't have the personal answers we desire by the time we go to bed tonight, but courage is highly variable.

I think you can always ask for help, but perhaps you're more likely to be frustrated because the questions you are asking are not providing you with answers.

Yes, this is true, I feel that they should, but am frustrated that they are not. So what then is the simple experiment we can all do?

Maybe that's the question I should ask God tonight, haha.

Consider it like this. You profess a desire to be at 35,000 feet. Realistically, you can't jump, so you only have a few options: fired from a cannon, climb a mountain, use a balloon, etc. All involve courage which we may or may not have.

In all probability, there's no fundamental reason why either of us couldn't have the personal answers we desire by the time we go to bed tonight, but courage is highly variable.

Yes, if I understand you right, there is the possibility that my inner fear is interfering (I had to go for that wordplay). Seriously though, perhaps I'm afraid to actually meet God. Maybe I'm afraid it won't like me, or that people won't like me if I talk about it, or something, and so God's choosing not to reveal itself for my sake.

But there's collateral damage, now that I think more. If I can't meet God right now, I can't follow any religion or spiritual path, because at the end of each path ia a deity I'm afraid to meet.

I think you are complicating your own declared problem, for reasons best known to yourself. It's probably a lot simpler to ask yourself, if you are serious, how you will acquire an altitude of 35,000 feet. There are ways to do that, so it's not really a problem, save for courage and force of determination to see it through. Worry about "what's up there" when you're in a position to have that worry.

I think you are complicating your own declared problem, for reasons best known to yourself. It's probably a lot simpler to ask yourself, if you are serious, how you will acquire an altitude of 35,000 feet. There are ways to do that, so it's not really a problem, save for courage and force of determination to see it through. Worry about "what's up there" when you're in a position to have that worry.

Yes, I will try that approach.

Ok, try this thought TWT:

(Let me preface this with the fact that if there is an all knowing entity of some sort, it most assuredly is nothing like what we think it is, nor is it anywhere near approaching human. So with that being said...)

What if you were this all knowing entity (God, as you put it). And let's say consciousness is primary and fundamental. Meaning it pervades everything you think is "real". There is no distinction between "the sun" and "consciousness". How do you show someone that the consciousness they experience everyday, all around them 24/7, even in their sleep, IS consciousness? You're essentially saying to this entity "prove it". But what if by your mere existence here, in this life, in this body on this planet with the self-same sun you can "feel" IS the proof you so desire?
Perhaps you need to be more specific in your inquiry. Ask in a point blank way, in no uncertain terms what it is that would "prove" to you the existence of more than this "human reality".

And be prepared for the answer to be a pathway that opens to you, that brings people and opportunity into your life that can help lead you to the answers you seek, as opposed to just a straight up answer like god appearing before you asking "Hey, what's up TWT, you called?" In other words, answers can be found, but you must put in the work. Not to say your being lazy about it, but I think too often people want it to be like a Google search. Instant gratification with little work. Formulate the questions, precisely, that you feel you need answers to in order to fulfill what you think your life purpose to be. Then be prepared to be shown a way to find these answers. Remain open, even if the answers aren't what you want or expect. Do the work. ;)

I think of all the times that I picked up a book, not really knowing much about it or expecting much, and it changes my perspective. That somehow it's what I needed just then, but didn't know it.

Also keep in mind, perhaps what you are wanting at this time is not what is in your higher selves best interest. I do believe that what we come to learn is given when we are ready. Otherwise, we may misunderstand, ignore or misinterpret what we are given.

It may not ever come as a "eureka!" moment. It may be slow, subtle changes over time that comes to be a knowing at the core of your being. For some it is some big life changing moment. And I don't know why that is. I can only surmise that perhaps that is part of their journey, their work.

Another thought to take into consideration is the idea that the "veil" so to speak is in place for a reason. We cannot be so focused on what comes after death, that we forget to live.

Back