The SJW and equality movement

Trump is enacting a form of regulatory control, effectively, with this policy.
No, you're totally off. We already have a federal regulatory agency, the EEOC, which is ostensibly there to protect employees from discrimination based on a host of things including ideology. That agency is so backed up with claims it takes months or years to work through the process. All Trump did was to say "stop it" to things that are already illegal unfair infringements on people's rights.

No, you're totally off. We already have a federal regulatory agency, the EEOC, which is ostensibly there to protect employees from discrimination based on a host of things including ideology. That agency is so backed up with claims it takes months or years to work through the process. All Trump did was to say "stop it" to things that are already illegal unfair infringements on people's rights.
I am?

He says in his own tweet he's banning "people and companies" from doing business with the government. So I'm presuming a sole proprietor who historically provided services to a government entity that doesn't share Trump's ideology would be precluded from getting a contract. That's not a free speech issue?

(Perhaps I don't understand the policy itself as you've stated. Quite possible as I haven't read up on it.)

I am?

He says in his own tweet he's banning "people and companies" from doing business with the government. So I'm presuming a sole proprietor who historically provided services to a government entity that doesn't share Trump's ideology would be precluded from getting a contract. That's not a free speech issue?

(Perhaps I don't understand the policy itself as you've stated. Quite possible as I haven't read up on it.)
As far as I understand it, he was reacting to controversy arising out of Sandia Labs where an Electrical Engineer sent out a company wide email protesting the propaganda sessions that employees were subjected to.

If you don't share Trump's ideology, you can still do business with the Federal Government, but if you force your employees to be indoctrinated with any kind of political or religious ideology, you are violating equal opportunity employment and discrimination laws and so the Federal government shouldn't be doing business with you anyway.

Employers requiring education on how to NOT violate the law and how to not violate people's rights and how to not discriminate and how to treat people equally and fairly is great. Employers indoctrinating employees with WokeBLMMarxistCriticalRaceTheoryCommunistAnti-WhiteAnti-American crap is illegal.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1308540166936518656.html

...​
The President has just signed a full Executive Order abolishing critical race theory from the federal government, the military, and all federal contractors.​
...​
The ambition of the executive order is breathtaking: the President will prohibit federal funds from supporting critical race theory trainings in the federal government, in the military, and by all federal contractors.
...​
The point on federal contractors is a major escalation: if a private company wants to work with the US government, they can no longer teach critical race theory anywhere in their offices. This could potentially disrupt CRT programs in half of the Fortune 500.
...​
The executive order will also disrupt the flow of money to academia's critical race theory programs. The order stops all federal grants that support CRT—with the potential to cripple hundreds of academic projects moving forward.
...​
Finally, the executive order has a strong enforcement component: all federal diversity programs must be approved directly by OMB and OPM, and agencies are directed to initiate adverse action proceedings against managers who continue to hold CRT trainings.​
...​
The executive order also opens the legal floodgates: the President instructs the Attorney General to assess whether critical race theory trainings create a "hostile work environment" and constitute a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
...​
The President's executive order is nothing short of astonishing: he has used all of the mechanisms of power to disrupt the "ideological poison" of critical race theory—and immediately takes the fight to the bureaucracy, universities, and woke corporations. He is playing to win​

From the executive memo:

The President has directed me to ensure that Federal agencies cease and desist from using taxpayer dollars to fund these divisive, un-American propaganda training sessions. Accordingly, to that end, the Office of Management and Budget will shortly issue more detailed guidance on implementing the President's directive. In the meantime, all agencies are directed to begin to identify all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on "critical race theory," 'white privilege," or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either (1) that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or (2) that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil. In addition, all agencies should begin to identify all available avenues within the law to cancel any such contracts and/or to divert Federal dollars away from these un-American propaganda training sessions.
I think the bold is important here. Anyone concerned with freedom and government overreach should be careful about playing sycophant to Trump and the Right. Shouldn't be confused with supporting an extreme left ideology to feel this way. Anytime government starts telling its citizens what they can or can't believe, think, or say the warning bells should go off.

That's what Trump is trying to prevent.
No, not really.

In this case he is personally against these particular views of some Americans.

In other cases where he isn't, he's done the opposite:

https://www.aclu.org/letter/coaliti...tive-religious-exemptions-federal-contractors

Whether you or I agree or disagree with either individual or corporate contractor's policies (critical race theories or religion) is secondary. In either setting, one can argue that employees of said firms could potentially feel discrimination (again with either CRT or a particular religious faith). In the CRT example, those risks are (theoretically) being addressed via this recent Trump action. In the latter, Trump proposed an executive order that weakens those same protections.

Critical Race training was illegal. Good thing it was banned by Trump.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/is-critical-race-training-illegal-part-2.php

U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow has written to the Mayor of the City of Seattle, suggesting that “critical race theory” or “white privilege” training that the city recently imposed on its employees likely violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits employment discrimination based on race.

I asked for you to show how Trump was banning a belief in critical race theory in the executive memo you quoted.
No, you didn't. You asked a different and extremely vague question previously. This one is much more clear. Thanks for the common courtesy. ;)

You were not able to provide an example.
See above Karen.

All Trump is doing is asking government agencies to follow the law. Critical Race theory training violates "Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits employment discrimination based on race. "
If all he was doing was asking citizens to follow clearly stated law, an executive memo would not be needed nor would it have been provided. He simply would have gone to existing law enforcement agencies and not his procurement department. You're just wrong.

The rubber will meet the road when the guidance alluded to in the memo is issued. Who's going to interpret various corporate training programs to determine what Trump will allow and what he won't allow? Will there be transparency and clarity on such guidelines and their implementation? What safeguards will be put in place to ensure government overreach isn't occurring and otherwise lawful, free market capitalist entities are not being censored, penalized, discriminated against (perhaps because of their political leanings?)?

Its amazing you, or anyone, is willing to just give Trump carte blanche here simply because you're a sycophant. Scary stuff.

It is not helpful when police shootings that are justified are misrepresented and used for manipulative, ideological, political purposes.

But this case looks like it was not justified. Hopefully there is video evidence of the whole incident to show what happened.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/04/texas-man-called-pillar-of-community-fatally-shot-by-police-officer/
Texas man called ‘pillar of community’ fatally shot by police officer

My feeling about the "defund the police" movement is that the police training is inadequate for some tasks they are sent out to handle. We need professionals with different training to handle mental patients and also unarmed civilians. In this case, according to witnesses, police shot a person trying to break up a fight after he was convulsing from being tased by the police.

I also think part of the problem is that in the past police used to be mostly large men who were not afraid of a physical confrontation. That is not the case today and there are consequences for the public.

Systemic racism:

https://justthenews.com/government/...inst-yale-alleging-discrimination-ground-race

The U.S. Department of Justice on Thursday filed a lawsuit against the prestigious Yale University, claiming that the Ivy League institution has long breached civil rights law by discriminating concerning race and national origin in undergraduate admissions, a practice which the government says inflicts a negative impact particularly on many whites and Asian Americans.​