The SJW and equality movement

Universities have changed greatly since Trump went to university.
Baloney. Here you go again, grabbing obscure soundbites to maintain your own cognitive dissonance. Trump remains a HUGE supporter of elite universities simply through the biggest statement any parent could make. Its where he sends his kids:

Donald Trump Jr. (42 years old) - U Penn
Ivana Trump (38) - Georgetown and U Penn
(Jared Kushner (39) - Harvard and Law Degree/MBA from NYU)
Eric Trump (36) - Georgetown
Tiffany Trump (26) - U Penn and Law Degree Georgetown

That just leaves Barron (who's only 14) is currently attending a private K-12 school where his family pays in excess of $40k per year for his education (good for them!). Oh, and they pride themselves with the following stat: "100% of graduates continue on to college". Looks like Georgetown or U Penn will be getting another talented student.

What were you saying again?

I started with the mainstream assumption that blacks are oppressed only a couple of months ago. Then I encountered powerful arguments from nothing but black people. I purposely only listened to black people. And I have an entirely new frame of mind after listening to this group of them. Here’s some snapshots of the attitudes from some African Americans which I admire. It’s a different frame of mind which I did not know that existed. And from what I hear directly from black folk, is that it’s empowering when they adopt this view. None of this means that racism doesn’t exist and shouldn’t be addressed where necessary. It also doesn’t mean that there isn’t a problem with police brutality in America. But the data is pretty clear to me that the problem of police brutality transcends race. Were not going to fix the problems in the black communities by attacking racism. These are snapshots of comments below YouTube videos. So don’t try playing the video. 8F23D380-7B19-43FE-A983-871906488BA9.jpeg C27652E5-F4D6-467F-95C0-4A5ED8FB6A1F.jpeg 99852657-1A7B-46DA-A909-49C83AA39757.jpeg 9E77C58F-BEF3-4B93-9B48-B140AA591AA4.jpeg 3AA510B5-E4AD-453D-844B-5DB92A21B26B.jpeg

I started with the mainstream assumption that blacks are oppressed only a couple of months ago. Then I encountered powerful arguments from nothing but black people. I purposely only listened to black people. And I have an entirely new frame of mind after listening to this group of them. Here’s some snapshots of the attitudes from some African Americans which I admire. It’s a different frame of mind which I did not know that existed. And from what I hear directly from black folk, is that it’s empowering when they adopt this view. None of this means that racism doesn’t exist and shouldn’t be addressed where necessary. It also doesn’t mean that there isn’t a problem with police brutality in America. But the data is pretty clear to me that the problem of police brutality transcends race. Were not going to fix the problems in the black communities by attacking racism. These are snapshots of comments below YouTube videos. So don’t try playing the video. View attachment 1688 View attachment 1689 View attachment 1690 View attachment 1691 View attachment 1692
Good post.

I think this is a nuanced issue and one where there is a real risk of mixing too many discreet factors into one amalgamation.

First, I want to say that BLM organization should not be equated with the question of racism and racial police violence. It seems all too common in this community for posters to jump immediately to a political ideological debate and bring in the same old left vs right perspective. Whether BLM is, is not, or will become an extremist political organization should be discussed separately from the question of racism and racial police violence.

Second, the black Americans in my social network seem to strike a balance on this spectrum of denying racism to being defined by it. In other words, most of the black Americans I know tell me that they absolutely have had to deal with being treated differently due to the color of their skin. That said, they all have been careful to avoid being defined by these experiences and have striven to achieve in life at the workplace, in their families, and in their communities. Point? I haven't had a conversation on this topic with a single black American where they have denied the continued existence of racism. But again, none of them have allowed this to fully define them.

I disagree with the notion that we should avoid "attacking racism". That's just a less offensive way of saying we should deny its existence. I think that's a ridiculous stance to take in light of what we see and what people of color continue to tell us. Notice: Even Sophia Antoine, who's words could be (falsely in my opinion) construed as to deny the existence of racism, didn't really say that. She says she doesn't feel the need for reparations nor does she feel she's being held back due to systemic oppression. I wonder if answering honestly what she would say if asked if she's ever been treated differently based solely on the color of her skin. She'd be the first black American I've ever heard of to answer "no".

So, should we all bow down to whatever the BLM organization is asking for? Of course not. But its not binary in my view. We can strive, as a society, to reduce pain and mistreatment of our citizens. The metaphor "where there's smoke, there's fire" seems apt here. Too many unnecessary incidents of police violence against black Americans occur. That doesn't deny other racial group's potentially struggling from the same thing. Nor would it be a basis for us to NOT try and make things better for our black citizens.

Baloney. Here you go again, grabbing obscure soundbites to maintain your own cognitive dissonance. Trump remains a HUGE supporter of elite universities simply through the biggest statement any parent could make. Its where he sends his kids:

Donald Trump Jr. (42 years old) - U Penn
Ivana Trump (38) - Georgetown and U Penn
(Jared Kushner (39) - Harvard and Law Degree/MBA from NYU)
Eric Trump (36) - Georgetown
Tiffany Trump (26) - U Penn and Law Degree Georgetown

That just leaves Barron (who's only 14) is currently attending a private K-12 school where his family pays in excess of $40k per year for his education (good for them!). Oh, and they pride themselves with the following stat: "100% of graduates continue on to college". Looks like Georgetown or U Penn will be getting another talented student.

What were you saying again?
How does any of that refute what I said about universities having changed over the years? I know about the changes from personal experience.

What happened at Evergreen is not obscure. It was well documented by both the protesters and by other students. Benjamin Boyce was a student at the college who has created a very detailed record of events there.

Good post.

I think this is a nuanced issue and one where there is a real risk of mixing too many discreet factors into one amalgamation.

First, I want to say that BLM organization should not be equated with the question of racism and racial police violence. It seems all too common in this community for posters to jump immediately to a political ideological debate and bring in the same old left vs right perspective. Whether BLM is, is not, or will become an extremist political organization should be discussed separately from the question of racism and racial police violence.

Second, the black Americans in my social network seem to strike a balance on this spectrum of denying racism to being defined by it. In other words, most of the black Americans I know tell me that they absolutely have had to deal with being treated differently due to the color of their skin. That said, they all have been careful to avoid being defined by these experiences and have striven to achieve in life at the workplace, in their families, and in their communities. Point? I haven't had a conversation on this topic with a single black American where they have denied the continued existence of racism. But again, none of them have allowed this to fully define them.

I disagree with the notion that we should avoid "attacking racism". That's just a less offensive way of saying we should deny its existence. I think that's a ridiculous stance to take in light of what we see and what people of color continue to tell us. Notice: Even Sophia Antoine, who's words could be (falsely in my opinion) construed as to deny the existence of racism, didn't really say that. She says she doesn't feel the need for reparations nor does she feel she's being held back due to systemic oppression. I wonder if answering honestly what she would say if asked if she's ever been treated differently based solely on the color of her skin. She'd be the first black American I've ever heard of to answer "no".

So, should we all bow down to whatever the BLM organization is asking for? Of course not. But its not binary in my view. We can strive, as a society, to reduce pain and mistreatment of our citizens. The metaphor "where there's smoke, there's fire" seems apt here. Too many unnecessary incidents of police violence against black Americans occur. That doesn't deny other racial group's potentially struggling from the same thing. Nor would it be a basis for us to NOT try and make things better for our black citizens.
If you aren't a "POC", what gives you the right to speak on their behalf? It seems like the left is full of white people who want to be the saviors of POC, instead of standing back and letting POC be the heroes in their own story. It's a kind of soft racism. The racism of low expectations. You act as if you don't think they can be the heroes.

How does any of that refute what I said about universities having changed over the years? I know about the changes from personal experience.
Apparently Trump either disagrees with you or doesn't care. He must be part of the evil university empire?

If you aren't a "POC", what gives you the right to speak on their behalf? It seems like the left is full of white people who want to be the saviors of POC, instead of standing back and letting POC be the heroes in their own story. It's a kind of soft racism. The racism of low expectations. You act as if you don't think they can be the heroes.
I'm not speaking for them nor am I "left". I find it troubling that you continue to try and label me as a member of a tribe versus simply engaging with what I write.

Don't like what I have to say about it? There's a million videos you can watch. Here's one:

Apparently Trump either disagrees with you or doesn't care. He must be part of the evil university empire?

I'm not speaking for them nor am I "left". I find it troubling that you continue to try and label me as a member of a tribe versus simply engaging with what I write.

Don't like what I have to say about it? There's a million videos you can watch. Here's one:

It's good that you have broken free of the tribe mentality. But look at the topic of this thread "The SJW and equality movement"... My critique is of the SJW movement, which called for equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity.

Equality of outcome is Marxism. BLM's leaders have admitted to being "trained Marxists".

This brings us back to good old Yuri Bezmenov, who warned us about SJWs back in 1984. It's worth noting that he said that if America becomes Marxist, then there will be no where left to defect to.

Last edited:
https://justthenews.com/nation/tech...rshey-honda-join-boycott-facebook-advertising
In growing boycott, Coca-Cola, Hershey, Honda pledge to hit pause on Facebook advertising
Corporations are protesting alleged flaws in the company's content moderation policies.​
Coca-Cola, Hershey and Honda have all signed on to a boycott in which they have pledged to roll back advertising on Facebook through the month of July, part of a coordinated campaign to force the tech giant to enact stricter content moderation policies on its platform.​
The "Stop Hate for Profit" campaign argues that Facebook has "turned a blind eye to blatant voter suppression," "allowed incitement to violence against protesters fighting for racial justice in America," partnered with conservative news outlets with "records of working with known white nationalists," and in general promoted "hate, bigotry, racism, antisemitism and violence."
Dozens of businesses have signed on to the July boycott, among them most recently Coca-Cola, Honda and the Hersey Company. Other big corporations participating in the boycott include the North Face, Verizon, REI, and Mozilla.
The boycott, a project of the Anti-Defamation League, offers several tips it argues will help Facebook "provide more support to people who are targets of racism, antisemitism and hate."​
Among them: "Create internal mechanisms (for every media format on every Facebook platform) that automatically remove all ads from content labeled as misinformation or hate," the creation of "an internal mechanism to automatically flag content in private groups associated with extremist ideologies," and the development of "a separate moderation pipeline for users who express that they have been targeted because of specific identity characteristics such as race or religion."

https://justthenews.com/nation/tech...rshey-honda-join-boycott-facebook-advertising
In growing boycott, Coca-Cola, Hershey, Honda pledge to hit pause on Facebook advertising
Corporations are protesting alleged flaws in the company's content moderation policies.​
Coca-Cola, Hershey and Honda have all signed on to a boycott in which they have pledged to roll back advertising on Facebook through the month of July, part of a coordinated campaign to force the tech giant to enact stricter content moderation policies on its platform.​
The "Stop Hate for Profit" campaign argues that Facebook has "turned a blind eye to blatant voter suppression," "allowed incitement to violence against protesters fighting for racial justice in America," partnered with conservative news outlets with "records of working with known white nationalists," and in general promoted "hate, bigotry, racism, antisemitism and violence."
Dozens of businesses have signed on to the July boycott, among them most recently Coca-Cola, Honda and the Hersey Company. Other big corporations participating in the boycott include the North Face, Verizon, REI, and Mozilla.
The boycott, a project of the Anti-Defamation League, offers several tips it argues will help Facebook "provide more support to people who are targets of racism, antisemitism and hate."​
Among them: "Create internal mechanisms (for every media format on every Facebook platform) that automatically remove all ads from content labeled as misinformation or hate," the creation of "an internal mechanism to automatically flag content in private groups associated with extremist ideologies," and the development of "a separate moderation pipeline for users who express that they have been targeted because of specific identity characteristics such as race or religion."
Holy Crap! So it's basically Gamergate all over again.

Hmmmm... So either you parents pay for you to go to luxurious re-education camps (ie. universities) or the crazy left wants you sent to a gulag.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the censorship issue doesn't bother you.

You are lucky to live in a country where it is still possible to criticize the government. I wonder how long that will last?
Lol. Our government is way more left wing than anything Biden will pull off.

Lol. Our government is way more left wing than anything Biden will pull off.
I think everything has gone to the left, which up to a point isn't a bad thing. The conservatives used to be the ones telling people what to do and who they could and couldn't marry. They aren't doing that now. The left went nuts though.

I was on a forum that had people from various political leanings on it and I had never really gone there for politics anyway. Then suddenly the forum admin announced that all Trump supporters were white supremacists and that they were no longer allowed to post. Members were even encouraged to find the hidden/silent Trump supporters so they could be banned too. Anyone who suggested that maybe this wasn't OK, and perhaps we should all just avoid politics as a topic was also banned. Everyone left except a few loonies who apparently think looting is fun.

I'm not a fan of Trump or Biden. I do value free speech and individuality. I think those things are at risk right now.

It should be OK to criticize BLM, but people are losing jobs over doing so right now. Who would have ever thought being critical of an organization that promotes looting and lawlessness would get you in trouble?

I think anyone who's shallow enough to not understand the term white privilege is either ignorant, in denial, or an asshole.

Its such a simple concept and it isn't pejorative in the slightest. Its like telling an NBA player that he has height privilege; its a fact and its not an insult.
No, its like telling an NBA player he has black privilege.