The SJW and equality movement

Well structured argument.

How is it you can't understand the notion of bias? Are you being purposefully obtuse here?
I can see that money gives people advantages in life. Hard work can overcome many challenges. Intelligence and conscientiousness can make a difference to one's station in life. But the color of one's skin doesn't make a difference. Ask Morgan Freeman.

I think Robert Roselthal's work does a good job of explaining bias and it's effects.

https://www.psywww.com/intropsych/ch15-social/expectancy.html

He began to study the phenomenon of experimenter bias. With K.L. Fode, Rosenthal did an experiment in which the true subjects were student researchers.

The student researchers were instructed to have subjects rate photographs. Half the experimenters were led to expect high ratings, the other half were led to expect low ratings.

Sure enough, the experimenters got the results they expected. "Experimenters expecting high ratings obtained substantially higher ratings than did experimenters expecting low ratings."

Rosenthal and colleagues next tried an experiment with student researchers teaching rats to run through mazes. Half the student experimenters were told their rats had been specially bred for good performance.

The other half were told they rats had been bred for poor performance. Once again, the student experimenters seemed to create the effects they expected. The bright rats (which were actually no different from the dull rats) performed much better at maze-running and other tests of rat intelligence.
As a general rule, people make their expectations come true. Rosenthal's research showed expectancy effects are not only important; they are robust. If people do research on expectancy effects, they can expect to find such effects in most cases.

Last edited:
Conscientiousness and extrovertism are both things that can be developed. You can't change your height or skin color.
I'm sorry you can't see through your argument.

We are witnessing a color revolution in America. It is the same playbook that has been used all over the world for regime change. It is a shame that this is not obvious to everyone.

From https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/racial-division-is-being-sown-in-the-name-of-anti-racism-it-s-time-to-speak-out

• "By splitting society into black lives or white lives, racial identity is being used to define who we all are and how we should fight injustice, as opposed to building a united movement to improve life for everyone.
  • Those who favour the identity-based politics of grievance and academic critical race theory are redefining racism. The achievements of civil rights movements in the past – that effected positive material impacts on the lives of ethnic minorities and increased equal treatment – are now being denied and undermined by those who claim racism is on the rise.
  • Demands that millions of people accept uncritically a prescriptive ‘white privilege’ agenda or be dubbed ignorant, racist or in denial is creating new tensions.
  • Under soulless acronyms such as BAME and POC, all ethnic minorities are robbed of individual agency, and assumed to be victims of injustice.
  • Free speech is being eroded by a McCarthyite culture of conformity in which to question the new dogma means to risk one’s livelihood and reputation
  • Calls for the wholesale destruction of historical statues, symbols and works of art are fuelling an unhealthy war against the past and stirring up culture wars in the present.
  • An obsessive focus on the impact of colonialism threatens to turn history into a morality tale, rather than a complex, three-dimensional understanding of the past.
  • The common conflation of the issue of race in the US with the UK (in relation to criminal justice, for example) is unhelpful as it makes it difficult to discuss our specific historical circumstances and the contemporary challenges we face."

Last edited:
I'm sorry you can't see through your argument.

We are witnessing a color revolution in America. It is the same playbook that has been used all over the world for regime change. It is a shame that this is not obvious to everyone.
Two separate topics you amalgamate: 1) Racism/racial bias and 2) conspiracies

Hint: They aren't one in the same.

I can see that money gives people advantages in life. Hard work can overcome many challenges. Intelligence and conscientiousness can make a difference to one's station in life. But the color of one's skin doesn't make a difference. Ask Morgan Freeman.

I think Robert Roselthal's work does a good job of explaining bias and it's effects.

https://www.psywww.com/intropsych/ch15-social/expectancy.html
You mean this Morgan Freeman?

Might want to do better research.

As for the study you reference, its the same old message: pull yourselves up by your bootstraps. Its a good message and lots of people of all skin colors do this every day. It misses the point, however. People shouldn't have to overcome the color of their skin. (I know, you deny that's a thing.)

As for the study you reference, its the same old message: pull yourselves up by your bootstraps. Its a good message and lots of people of all skin colors do this every day. It misses the point, however. People shouldn't have to overcome the color of their skin. (I know, you deny that's a thing.)
You didn't read Rosenthal's work. It was about the effect of expectations and how robust that effect is on outcome. If you expect that one group will not do as well as another, that will be the outcome.

So by telling people that the color of their skin negatively affects their ability to do well in life, you are setting them up to fail.

In effect, Wokeness is promoting white privilege and harming black Americans by making low expectations a part of it's dogma. It's encouraging racism on a massive scale with the expectation that racism is ubiquitous.

That's why it's an evil cult.

BTW, Morgan Freeman didn't contradict himself. The color of one's skin does not make a difference to how well one can do in life. He is proof of that. Are there racists out there? Of course. That clearly didn't hold him back. And notice he uses the traditional definition of racism, the one that can even apply to racism against a white person.

Last edited:
Two separate topics you amalgamate: 1) Racism/racial bias and 2) conspiracies

Hint: They aren't one in the same.
BLM isn't really about helping anyone, except perhaps helping some rather dishonest people get money from those who are gullible. It isn't about racism at all.

There is some interesting discussion here about the criminal backgrounds of the people behind BLM (10:15 min).

Last edited:
Skin color does create privilege, period.

See? We can both make absolute statements.
Wouldn't it be more constructive to make statements that you believe to be accurate?

David
Conscientiousness and extrovertism are both things that can be developed. You can't change your height or skin color.
Exactly - so I am not going to feel guilty for being white. A far more constructive approach to improving life for the blacks, would be to figure out a way to make more of them interested in educational attainment so they can fill posts that pay better money.

A totally crappy alternative is to accept blacks on to courses for which they are not qualified, because they will probably end up dropping out, or filling actual posts with blacks who simply aren't the best candidate, or don't have the right qualifications.

The only solution I can see is better education and better motivation.

David

Amazing how a simple concept can't be understood by so many.

The color of one's skin does not make a difference to how well one can do in life.
This is rebutting something I've never said. Find for me where I said skin color is a limiting factor. I'll save you the time; I've never said that. The simple point of the concept known as "white privilege" is the notion that Caucasian's in western society do NOT have to overcome their skin color. POC all too often do have to overcome bias, stereotyping and outright racism as it relates solely to the color of their skin.

This isn't a debatable point nor have I seen one shred of counter evidence presented in this thread.

I personally believe its a good thing for our societies to strive to be better here. To be conscientious of those who experience these types of painful, impactful events.

Note: This does not assert nor imply that black people are limited, should dwell on this aspect of their reality, can't overcome this, or BLM is an altruistic organization. Any counterpoints raised to these issues are, again, red herring fallacies.

So by telling people that the color of their skin negatively affects their ability to do well in life, you are setting them up to fail.
So we should just ignore bias, stereotyping and racism? Pretend they aren't there since acknowledging it negatively affects the victims?

Exactly - so I am not going to feel guilty for being white.
No one, literally, is suggesting your should feel any guilt over the color of your skin. To even suggest such a thing shows a remarkable degree of ignorance about the concept. Its actually anathema David: thoughtful societal commentators bring light to this concept with a goal of striving toward a world that is truly color blind as it relates to skin color.

Black civil rights attorney Leo Terrell announces his support for the re-election of Donald Trump

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...port_for_the_reelection_of_donald_trump_.html

I have 30 years invested as a Civil Rights attorney, public school teacher as you mentioned, and I'm frustrated and disappointed in the Democratic Party and the left. I mean, it really started a couple of weeks ago when Joe Biden made that comment, that awful comment, that insulting comment that if you vote Republican, you ain't black. I'm a Civil Rights attorney. That statement was condescending and insulted every African-American, and every American, and then you follow up with a series of protesting, which is perfectly okay, but the failure of a Democratic Party to call out the rioting, the looting, the murder is just something that I, as a Civil Rights attorney could no longer sit and just basically stay quiet.
"If the presidential election was held today, I would vote for #DonaldTrump. America Is more important than party loyalty."