Towards a Post Physicalist Science

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by Psiclops, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Psiclops

Psiclops Member

There's little doubt in my mind that we're living through the dying remnants of physicalist or materialist science.

For those of you who want a taster of some new physics which accommodates all the anomalies that current mainstream science can't explain, I suggest settling down with John Cleese to learn 'the meaning of life' not linked to Monty Python.

Actually Cleese really has little to do with this panel presentation except that he chairs it and for years has been a student of the esoteric.

For those with limited time here's a time schedule of the speakers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGizqsLumo

UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA PRESENTATION ON EVIDENCE FOR THE AFTERLIFE

3.30 - 14.18 Bruce Greyson, evidence from NDEs

A brilliant articulate summary.

16.20 - 27.33 Jim Tucker, children's past life memories. Best cases.

29.00 - 37.00 Emily Kelly, deathbed visions.

38.00 - 1.00.00 Questions and answers.

1.00.00 - 1.09.00 Kim Penberthy, how meditation leads to amazing psychic/afterlife experiences.

1.10.00 - 1.29 Edward Kelly, psi research and the failure of scientific materialism. He claims that Western science is at a major turning point in intellectual history and is close to rejecting materialism.

2. nbtruthman

nbtruthman New

The youtube link doesn't work. Do you have an alternate?

3. Psiclops

Psiclops Member

sorry try this one

4. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

Thanks for that collection - probably best listened to in sections - I started with Edward Kelly. I wonder who the scientists are that he mentions are working on a non-physicalist version of science.

I listened to the questions at the end, and I was very struck by the reincarnation case in which a skill - golf - has been passed on.

David