Transgender phenomena and past lives: any thoughts

Larry

Does anyone have any thoughts or information about the transgender phenomena and how it might relate to any of the topics we discuss here on the forum(past lives. . .)? I have a friend with a 14 year old daughter who feels shes in the”wrong” body and wants to do the hormones and surgeries etc. Whats interesting to me was her aversion to anything feminine from a very young age(2 or 3). She hated dolls, anything pink, any sort of girly activity or object. She has loving accepting parents and grew up in an open liberal west coast environment. I had the thought of some past life trauma somehow related to gender leaking in.
Any ideas ?

edit: In the Stevenson and tucker research there is mention of how a trauma around death can somehow cause a memory of the prior life to bleed into the present incarnation as well as scaring, birthmarks, irrational preferences etc.
I am not one who always looks for some new age metaphysical explanation for everyday occurences but something about this girls aversion to anything feminine at such a young age got my attention and made my wonder if there was some connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red
This is nothing to do with psychic matters, but I do feel that people who change sex may find life extremely difficult because most of the people they may be attracted to wont want a trans-gender partner. If at all possible, I think this girl would be happier if she took a masculine type career and formed a lesbian relationship.

I once new a man who changed sex to a woman, and I am pretty sure he was not happy afterwards. I think this is what enthusiasts for trans relationships never really consider.

David

This is nothing to do with psychic matters, but I do feel that people who change sex may find life extremely difficult because most of the people they may be attracted to wont want a trans-gender partner. If at all possible, I think this girl would be happier if she took a masculine type career and formed a lesbian relationship.

I once new a man who changed sex to a woman, and I am pretty sure he was not happy afterwards. I think this is what enthusiasts for trans relationships never really consider.

David
Although I don't understand why this would categorically "have nothing to do with psychic matters" I do feel some resonance with the rest of your response.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any thoughts or information about the transgender phenomena and how it might relate to any of the topics we discuss here on the forum(past lives. . .)? I have a friend with a 14 year old daughter who feels shes in the”wrong” body and wants to do the hormones and surgeries etc. Whats interesting to me was her aversion to anything feminine from a very young age(2 or 3). She hated dolls, anything pink, any sort of girly activity or object. She has loving accepting parents and grew up in an open liberal west coast environment. I had the thought of some past life trauma somehow related to gender leaking in.
Any ideas ?
Please put your friends in touch with PFLAG. They should be able to help with information, resources or support.

https://www.pflag.org

This was also suggested:

https://www.teenlife.com/blogs/how-support-your-transgender-teen

I've wondered about gendered souls as well. Of course we don't know for sure there are souls, but I do think reincarnation research will intersect with increased visibility of trans-persons.

However I don't know if aversion to feminine things is necessarily a further indication of a person definitely being trans. Some people are strongly drawn to cultural norms of the opposite gender but have no desire to transition and/or end up being less averse to the cultural norms of their own gender. And of course on the flip side there seem to be people who aren't interested in traditional masculine/feminine norms but nonetheless seek to transition.

It could fit well with the little I know about reincarnation research - some people can't let go of the gender of their past life, while others eventually get past it. I suspect it's probably a phenomenon that encompasses a variety of explanations and we can at the least divide those who are should not transition with those who will be spared suicide thanks to transitioning. (I've met both.)

It's probably a spectrum based on a variety of potential factors, as many things seem to be when we leave the hard either/or of the mechanistic/disecretized thought process.

What is interesting with respect to this forum is that transsexuality is very much a subjective phenomenon that makes us question prior scientific assumptions. Which naturally leads to some in the skeptical movement to have their hackles raised.

Does anyone have any thoughts or information about the transgender phenomena and how it might relate to any of the topics we discuss here on the forum(past lives. . .)? I have a friend with a 14 year old daughter who feels shes in the”wrong” body and wants to do the hormones and surgeries etc. Whats interesting to me was her aversion to anything feminine from a very young age(2 or 3). She hated dolls, anything pink, any sort of girly activity or object. She has loving accepting parents and grew up in an open liberal west coast environment. I had the thought of some past life ma somehow related to gender leaking in.
Any ideas ?

Larry,
I totally think you are onto something, it is something I have thought for many years. However it is probably something that will not help a 14 year and his/her parents at this time unless they have an understanding of it themselves. We reincarnate in many different guises, and it is likely that we have a preference for gender that resonates at a very deep level. All we can do really is make the best of the life that we have.

Any ideas ?

edit: In the Stevenson and tucker research there is mention of how a trauma around death can somehow cause a memory of the prior life to bleed into the present incarnation as well as scaring, birthmarks, irrational preferences etc.
I am not one who always looks for some new age metaphysical explanation for everyday occurences but something about this girls aversion to anything feminine at such a young age got my attention and made my wonder if there was some connection.

Considering the results of recent fear epigenetic inheritance studies, in which offspring show an aversion to something very specific (a particular smell etc), that they have never been exposed to.

It seems almost certain that - at the very least - the past can interfere with the present very specifically, and in a way that we don't really understand very well.

From my own reading, we don't really understand sexuality, gender or sexual preference at all well... so there is bound to be some link up between the past and sexuality etc. that occurs across generations in a way that we don't yet understand.

Wiser souls have reported that It's usually the sign that the soul had a string of incarnations in the opposite gender body.
We really have to take into account reincarnation , & the infallible laws of cause and effect - from previous lives.
i.e. people who are overly manly , of overly feminine, are so , mostly because of the accumulated influence of prior lives , lived in the opposite sex bodies.
e.g a string of successive lives is a female body , then this incarnation in a male body, will have a strong interplay of residual feminine energy.

a life of male, female, male ,female, male etc. incarnations will be more balanced obviously.

There is also sometimes possession from an opposite sex discarnaed soul. of which Carl Wickland 's book 30 yrs among the dead will give more details.

[url=https://new-birth.net/media/cms_page_media/222/30_years_among_the_dead.PDF]30 years among the dead pdf[/URL]

makes sense to me anyway

Needless to say, I am totally against gender change.

Last edited:
Although I don't understand why this would categorically "have nothing to do with psychic matters" I do agree with the rest of your response however un-pc it would be in my neck of the woods:).
I don't deny that trans-gender people may feel something from a former life, so my comment was purely practical. After all, some men grow up to become male ballet dancers, and some women become car mechanics or astronauts - they probably enjoy life more like that, than actually changing sex.

I am not PC - as you may have noticed - and from introspection, I would say that I don't go around thinking that I am a man in a man's body! I also think that if I had found myself in a woman's body at a time and place that was fairly liberal, I'd simply have become a lesbian.

David

Considering the results of recent fear epigenetic inheritance studies, in which offspring show an aversion to something very specific (a particular smell etc), that they have never been exposed to.

It seems almost certain that - at the very least - the past can interfere with the present very specifically, and in a way that we don't really understand very well.
Do you think that epigenetics may get mixed up with phenomena associated with reincarnation - maybe even in animals?

David

I am not PC - as you may have noticed - and from introspection, I would say that I don't go around thinking that I am a man in a man's body! I also think that if I had found myself in a woman's body at a time and place that was fairly liberal, I'd simply have become a lesbian.

David

Neither do I, however I also don't feel any sense that the Bible is the Word of God, that physics can explain consciousness, or that we are all part of One Mind.

If we're going to take Subjectivity as an ontological fundamental among it's most important, anti-materialist aspects is the fact that it relates to the first-person POV.

It doesn't mean everyone is correct about themselves being in the wrong body, or every intuition is correct (materialist faith is almost certainly wrong for example), but it should make us consider that even a few might be happier transitioning.

As for relationships, yes I have no personal interest in anyone but a biological woman either but then I don't know how many women are impressed by a guy who has 6,000+ posts on a forum about conspiracies/aliens/psychic powers/magick/etc....can't win over everyone. And attraction is subjective as well, so my own personal preference should be potentially validated for the same reasons a trans-person should be.

Do you think that epigenetics may get mixed up with phenomena associated with reincarnation - maybe even in animals?

David

Generally through patterns of access and associations I feel quite confident... yes.

But actual past experiences (explicit memories) that appear anomolous in children... I don't know... possibly the same mechanism in at least *some* cases suggested to be classic reincarnation cases....

For example, in at least some cases, it's always seemed reasonable to me that sex, possibly between married men and woman in the past, could often result in the birth of children. These children sometimes stumbled across past memories (in dreams etc) that didn't fit with the family they were born into. But might fit with the actual biological father of the child. Such memories might only be shown in stark relief when they are out of place, and not at other times. The reason for them would naturally remain obscured.

Aside: I was listening to a dad talking about his 4 year old in a supermarket the other day. He said he had been a skateboarder when he was younger, and his son when introduced to the skateboard had started doing some really advanced moves, that the father was puzzled by, as he had never taught them to him.

Neither do I, however I also don't feel any sense that the Bible is the Word of God, that physics can explain consciousness, or that we are all part of One Mind.

If we're going to take Subjectivity as an ontological fundamental among it's most important, anti-materialist aspects is the fact that it relates to the first-person POV.

It doesn't mean everyone is correct about themselves being in the wrong body, or every intuition is correct (materialist faith is almost certainly wrong for example), but it should make us consider that even a few might be happier transitioning.

As for relationships, yes I have no personal interest in anyone but a biological woman either but then I don't know how many women are impressed by a guy who has 6,000+ posts on a forum about conspiracies/aliens/psychic powers/magick/etc....can't win over everyone. And attraction is subjective as well, so my own personal preference should be potentially validated for the same reasons a trans-person should be.

I have a problem with putting a 14 year old through hormones and surgeries at a time when they are just forming their identity when we know so little about gender. Young children currently are subjected to images of fluid social- sexual - gender fads that are inundating the medias at a time when they are trying to figure out who the hell they are. Its not like getting a nose ring or a tattoo

David

Well being transgender is an incredibly complex thing, transgender people attempt suicide at a rate of between a third and 40% compared to 5% of the general population. Before we start speculating about it and as I've seen in further comments talking about being 'un-pc', let's look at objective research on this subject. I'd recommend you and others check out this link:

http://www.sebastianmitchellbarr.co...sgender-people-more-likely-to-attempt-suicide

Although I don't understand why this would categorically "have nothing to do with psychic matters" I do agree with the rest of your response however un-pc it would be in my neck of the woods:).

Does being 'un-pc' now mean baseless speculation on a complex subject and having a dig at supposed 'transgender enthusiasts' who are probably just people who want proper LGBT rights.

Does being 'un-pc' now mean baseless speculation on a complex subject and having a dig at supposed 'transgender enthusiasts' who are probably just people who want proper LGBT rights.
I totally support any ones choice to transition. I just have a problem with rushing into it with younger children who's identity is in a state of flux.

I personally don't think a discussion of transgender rights or transgender issues in general is really a good topic for this forum. I have some close friends in the queer community and I casually know several transgender folks. I would suggest we close this thread now.

My point being that internet forums don't tend to be a very productive atmosphere for gaining understanding of such an issue. The initial question about reincarnation was something that crossed my mind in the past, but is pretty far removed from the kinds of issues most transgender folks face in their day to day lives, I think.

I don't deny that trans-gender people may feel something from a former life, so my comment was purely practical. After all, some men grow up to become male ballet dancers, and some women become car mechanics or astronauts - they probably enjoy life more like that, than actually changing sex.

David
I thought about that but "Simply becoming a lesbian" doesn't seem to address the problem of being in the wrong body. I have trouble understanding how doing the surgery is going to fix the problem but apparently it works for and helps a lot or people. Perhaps it's my rigidity that makes me hesitate to fully accept transing especially in tweeners and young teenagers although I have a gay son who's married and been out for 20 years and I never had an issue accepting and supporting him. Perhaps if I met a few transgender folks it would help me get a more direct understanding of what that's like and to be more empathic.

Back