Tricia Robertson, 30 Years of After-death Communication Research |462|

Alex

Administrator
Tricia Robertson, 30 Years of After-death Communication Research |462|

Tricia Robertson has explored after death communication for more than 30 years.

skeptiko-462-tricia-robertson-300x300.jpg

photo by: Skeptiko

[CLIP]

That's Matt Damon from the movie Hereafter, showing the other side of mediumship and how hard it can be on the mediums themselves. It's a topic that today's guest, the very, very excellent Tricia Robertson has explored for, well, for decades now in her work with after death communication, experiments, writings and just generally as an explorer of the topic. Here's a clip from my interview.

Alex Tsakiris: [00:01:05] So this will not offend your religious beliefs, and I thought, wow, why would you say that? How do we know that? Why would we even care? I mean, I understand you're trying to meet people where they are, people are having questions about after death communication, I understand that. But on a different level, why would we possibly care if we're going to the next level of understanding what this stuff really is? Why would we care about someone's religious beliefs?

Tricia Robertson: [00:01:37] Well, it's got nothing to do with religion whatsoever. But if you take the hypothesis that a lot of people believe in God, a cosmic consciousness, an energy that they're going to go to, they need to try and understand it. And I do not know what the next level of testing would be. No, I don't want to offend anyone's religious belief. I mean, I would never take it away from them because some people need that to hang on to, but whatever we show with our survival of consciousness and the evidence, it should fit anybody's religious beliefs.

Thanks, I enjoyed listening. There was a good vibe about the exchanges as well as a lot of information and ideas.

I also enjoyed this podcast. Tricia sounds a very no-nonsense sort of woman, which I think makes her more persuasive. I also liked the fact that she is explicitly not religious! I am glad other people are trying experiments along the lines (roughly) of Julie Beischel's work.

David

And since Alex mentioned my father, Richard Ireland, I'm happy to answer any questions people may have about him or my story. I would like to clarify that he was a Psychic and a Medium, and not a Mentalist or Magician. I imagine that there are many Mentalists who actually have some degree of psychic ability, but would never mention it to avoid backlash.

And since Alex mentioned my father, Richard Ireland, I'm happy to answer any questions people may have about him or my story. I would like to clarify that he was a Psychic and a Medium, and not a Mentalist or Magician. I imagine that there are many Mentalists who actually have some degree of psychic ability, but would never mention it to avoid backlash.
Why not describe your story briefly here (or supply a good link), and then people will chip in with questions.

David

Per David Bailey's suggestion, here's a paragraph on my story (from a book blurb), an updated Bio, and a link to a short video. As mentioned, I'm happy to answer any questions that people may have.

Book blurb: Mark Ireland’s father was Richard Ireland, a spiritual minister and renowned psychic and medium who counted Mae West among his famous clients. While he loved his father, Mark followed a more conventional path in pursuit of mainstream success—until the wrenching death of his youngest son. This unexpected tragedy plunges Mark into the spiritual world of psychics and mediums in an effort to communicate with the dead. His pragmatic mindset begin to fade as he remembers a premonition on the day of his son’s death. He consults a number of well-known mediums and is struck by the remarkably accurate information their readings provide. Mark first meets with Allison Dubois, the subject of the hit show Medium, and later participates in a single-blind lab experiment with medium Laurie Campbell, at the University of Arizona, filmed for a Discovery Channel feature.

Bio: Mark Ireland is the Co-Founder of Helping Parents Heal and the Author of two books, including the groundbreaking Soul Shift: Finding Where the Dead Go. His father, Richard Ireland was a renowned 20th-century Psychic-Medium who counseled Mae West, Glenn Ford, Amanda Blake, and the Eisenhower family. Mark has participated in mediumship research studies conducted by the University of Arizona, and the University of Virginia, and he currently operates his own Certification program. Mark’s program objective is to identify high-caliber Mediums capable of furnishing specific, accurate, and pertinent information. According to the Windbridge Research Center, highly evidential readings can provide a therapeutic benefit to grieving persons. www.markirelandauthor.com

Here's a link to a page with a short video on my story; click on the image directly below the phrase "Author Updates" https://www.amazon.com/Mark-Ireland/e/B001JRZ1LQ/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

You can also hear my interview with Alex on episode 77 of Skeptiko, although a lot has changed since that time.

Man, I love Tricia's accent! My dad's family was of Irish descent, so I tend to be drawn to any wee bit of a hint of Ireland. I really loved her stories, especially the dead son who talked about the light got too bright, so he came down & the darkness was not right either. I am drawn to anyone who is seriously trying to help others, which is what I think Alex & Skeptiko is all about. Now, seriously, what could do more good than eradicating this vicious paradigm of the White Man's Dead Universe, this empty thing spinning about, crashing endlessly into nothingness? Like the Moody Blue's song, Gypsy, a haunting description of someone searching. A great show with some massively entertaining surprises! Just about the time I think I've heard everything.....

The video also features Gordon Smith, who is a top Scottish Medium.

I saw Gordon ' the psychic barber' Smith on local TV here in South Africa years ago. He was doing medium-ship for people calling in on one of those general interest type talk shows. At one point he stops what he's doing and says that someone is trying to contact a young man who's currently working in the studio next door and has very recently lost his mother. A producer was duly dispatched and soon returned with a very confused looking sound guy who confirmed everything the 'psychic barber' had to say. It was very impressive.

An incident that attracts me to helpful mediums is my experience at my paternal grandmother's funeral. During the prayer part of it, I silently offered help to her w/ her new state as a discarnate spirit. I have never been a noted psychic or any of that other stuff, but I have had unusual experiences periodically all my life & this led me to pursue yoga, Monroe Institute Out of the Body Training, and a number of other promising avenues. At that point in my life, I was not an active seeker as I had been for many years, having married & produced a daughter. So it was w/ some genuine surprise that I became aware that very night of my grandmother in my bedroom telepathically asking me, "Kim, what do I do now?" I was in that hypnagogic, in-between state & to my later deep regret, ignored her question & simply settled deeper into sleep. Part of me chose to do this because at one level, I was being lazy & at another, I simply didn't believe that this was real, but a dream or some other misleading state. Now I wish I had acted on my better intentions, & helped as best I could. Unconsciously, I seem to be trying to find some way to do better than that in the future, should something similar happen, even though I don't seek a way to develop my abilities other than meditation.

Man, I love Tricia's accent! My dad's family was of Irish descent, so I tend to be drawn to any wee bit of a hint of Ireland. I really loved her stories, especially the dead son who talked about the light got too bright, so he came down & the darkness was not right either. I am drawn to anyone who is seriously trying to help others, which is what I think Alex & Skeptiko is all about. Now, seriously, what could do more good than eradicating this vicious paradigm of the White Man's Dead Universe, this empty thing spinning about, crashing endlessly into nothingness? Like the Moody Blue's song, Gypsy, a haunting description of someone searching. A great show with some massively entertaining surprises! Just about the time I think I've heard everything.....
Tricia is actually Scottish, but the Irish and Scottish do get along well.

Reactions: Kim
Per David Bailey's suggestion, here's a paragraph on my story (from a book blurb), an updated Bio, and a link to a short video. As mentioned, I'm happy to answer any questions that people may have.

Book blurb: Mark Ireland’s father was Richard Ireland, a spiritual minister and renowned psychic and medium who counted Mae West among his famous clients. While he loved his father, Mark followed a more conventional path in pursuit of mainstream success—until the wrenching death of his youngest son. This unexpected tragedy plunges Mark into the spiritual world of psychics and mediums in an effort to communicate with the dead. His pragmatic mindset begin to fade as he remembers a premonition on the day of his son’s death. He consults a number of well-known mediums and is struck by the remarkably accurate information their readings provide. Mark first meets with Allison Dubois, the subject of the hit show Medium, and later participates in a single-blind lab experiment with medium Laurie Campbell, at the University of Arizona, filmed for a Discovery Channel feature.

Bio: Mark Ireland is the Co-Founder of Helping Parents Heal and the Author of two books, including the groundbreaking Soul Shift: Finding Where the Dead Go. His father, Richard Ireland was a renowned 20th-century Psychic-Medium who counseled Mae West, Glenn Ford, Amanda Blake, and the Eisenhower family. Mark has participated in mediumship research studies conducted by the University of Arizona, and the University of Virginia, and he currently operates his own Certification program. Mark’s program objective is to identify high-caliber Mediums capable of furnishing specific, accurate, and pertinent information. According to the Windbridge Research Center, highly evidential readings can provide a therapeutic benefit to grieving persons. www.markirelandauthor.com

Here's a link to a page with a short video on my story; click on the image directly below the phrase "Author Updates" https://www.amazon.com/Mark-Ireland/e/B001JRZ1LQ/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

You can also hear my interview with Alex on episode 77 of Skeptiko, although a lot has changed since that time.

I took a look at the testimonials for your 2013 book and was amazed--a who's who in the afterlife field! (I will return, am listening to the interview now. I think Simon Baum also interviewed her but the search function is not working.)

I am reporting the ff here as it is the most recent thread. When I came to the forum today I was informed my a/c had been suspended. Two questions: 1) did this happend to anyone else? 2) how much security do we have here, Alex? Is using an alias sufficient or is a PTB reading our posts, or was this this just a fluke?

The suspension was gone in an hour.

I am reporting the ff here as it is the most recent thread. When I came to the forum today I was informed my a/c had been suspended. Two questions: 1) did this happend to anyone else? 2) how much security do we have here, Alex? Is using an alias sufficient or is a PTB reading our posts, or was this this just a fluke?

The suspension was gone in an hour.
It wasn't just an individual account, but the entire forum was temporarily unavailable - for everyone.

It wasn't just an individual account, but the entire forum was temporarily unavailable - for everyone.
TY, Typoz. That is a relief. May I ask pls how you discerned that the entire forum was suspended??

TY, Typoz. That is a relief. May I ask pls how you discerned that the entire forum was suspended??
Primarily the site displayed the same error message in different browsers, where I was not even logged in. Secondly, I started to read complaints outside of Skeptiko, from other users also unable to access the site. https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-is-skeptiko-forum-website-suspended Also the message displayed appeared to be directed at the site owner (Alex in this case). There's also a thread on this site too: http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/what-happened.4567/

Back