'Trump' A Spiritual Catalyst? Give us your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by Steve, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Roberta

Roberta Member

Is Trump a spiritual catalyst? For the vast majority of people no, he is making people embrace policies, ideas and concepts that are the opposite of spiritual.

Bonus question: Have we spoken about Trump enough on this forum? Yes!

Ian Gordon likes this.
  2. I think the challenge with the question is it ultimately depends on what a person means by the words "spiritual catalyst"?

From a subjective PoV it depends on the person. I genuinely think any experience could be a spiritual catalyst, and it seems some accounts of mystical experiences supports this?

The somewhat more objective question is really contextually dependent on a variety of assumptions that alter the question - for example:

"Is Trump's election part of God's plan?"

"Will Trump's election bring more people toward spirituality?"

"Is Trump's election the design of the Egyptian primordial entity Kek, or a manifestation of the Trickster archetype?"

I don't think we could really answer those questions though the second one is potentially one that will have a measurable empirical result down the line.

I think the answer may, in fact, be yes....but not sure if this is what Steve wanted to discuss...

3. Steve

Steve Member

I just wanted to talk about the possibility of the bigger picture affecting our reality. It seems to me that events in the West have been very unusual over the past year, and consider the possibility that it might be:
    1) A consequence of previous actions.(Karma?)
    2)Part of the so called 'raising of consciousness'
    3) People are saying this has been predicted in the bible.
    4)Does it seem like things might be under some sort of control? (God?)

Basically are these unusual times or have we seen them before?

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  4. Steve

Steve Member

Maybe this tsunami of fake info and bullshit from all quarters is 'the Universe's way to help us concentrate on what is real, the real life we actually experience rather than the 'made up' one that fills our head via the media. If we eventually decide that what we see on tv and the media no longer makes sense, we might shrink back to a more meaningful life that we really experience. Which is more important: Donald Trumps insane rantings or Real experience?

Bella' C and Typoz like this.
  5. Vortex

Vortex Member

Trump himself is not a spiritual catalyst, but the unpredicted and improbable success of his campaign is the sign of the radical changes: people are massively rejecting establishment authority, from administrative to academic, like they once did in 1960s and 1970s. And this is the most wonderful.

Not so wonderful, however, is the fact that, contrary to 1960s and 1970s, the main alternatives to the rotten and corrupt establishment in 2010s are often, if not mostly, reactionary and authoritarian.

Steve likes this.
  6. Silence

Silence Member

I am frightened by the strong sense of have of the massive increase in (virtually unconscious) confirmation bias that is occurring through our digital lives. At least old school marketing required someone to be exceptionally clever. Algorithm-powered mega computers are making it almost too easy for companies like Facebook (et al) to "tell people what they want to hear".

I think that's really the chicken to the Trump-egg so to speak.

7. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
  8. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    Every trial by fire has the potential to be a spiritual catalyst.

Steve likes this.
  9. Steve

Steve Member

Probably so, but this seems to be forcing us to direct our attention, to ask what the hell is happening. It may be that we've gone past the point of redemption and the evil has taken control?

10. ;-)

"The superior man looks to evil that will come and guards against it."
    -The I-Ching

Steve and Hurmanetar like this.
  11. Nah, if anything the collapse of New Atheism seems to suggest things are on track. Even political extremes, while unpleasant, can be part of a re-alignment process that further weakens materialism.

This isn't to say there is a Plan, but there can certainly be plans or even just the natural momentum toward new human models.

Obiwan and Steve like this.
  12. Further posts from the Aeonography series:

YOU GOT THIS – AEONOGRAPHY PART 4

oleo likes this.
  13. Trump and Putin are defending the world against Globalism ( the Antichrist regime).

14. Lol.

Larry and Ian Gordon like this.