Trump Consciousness

Here is an article on the Millie Weaver arrest.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/millie-weaver-update-charges-arrest/
Millie Weaver: Ohio Arrest Related to Altercation With Her Mother, Court Docs Show​
McCarron [Weaver's mother] described the situation as a “family dispute” and that the robbery pertained to a $50 cellphone. McCarron claimed she had asked local authorities to drop the charges several weeks before Weaver’s arrest​
The crimnial justice system in the US is broken and it is not unusual for prosecutors to charge the accused with anything remotely related no matter how out of proportion to the actual crime. They do this for various reasons ... to force a plea bargan, to inflate their record of prosecutions to further their political careers, etc.

Of course there is speculation that Weaver is being persecuted for her film. I think that could be true but I don't know if it is.

Reactions: K9!
Sometimes prosecutors will go after famous people to get publicity for themselves.
Usually they go after people who break the law. What's next, you and K9 will start pining for "Defund the Prosecutors!". Love how easily you all flip flop on issues to meet your agenda.

I guess you've never tried being in a relationship with someone then. Must be lonely.

I don't think anyone thinks Trump doesn't have his issues. But at least pedophilia doesn't seem to be on the list.
That's kinda progress. Good on you!

https://quillette.com/2020/08/16/the-challenge-of-marxism/

Published on August 16, 2020​
The Challenge of Marxism​
For a generation after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, most Americans and Europeans regarded Marxism as an enemy that had been defeated once and for all. But they were wrong. A mere 30 years later, Marxism is back, and making an astonishingly successful bid to seize control of the most important American media companies, universities and schools, major corporations and philanthropic organizations, and even the courts, the government bureaucracy, and some churches. As American cities succumb to rioting, arson, and looting, it appears as though the liberal custodians of many of these institutions—from the New York Times to Princeton University—have despaired of regaining control of them, and are instead adopting a policy of accommodation.​
...​
I know that many liberals are confused, and that they still suppose there are various alternatives before them. But it isn’t true. At this point, most of the alternatives that existed a few years ago are gone. Liberals will have to choose between two alternatives: either they will submit to the Marxists, and help them bring democracy in America to an end. Or they will assemble a pro-democracy alliance with conservatives. There aren’t any other choices.​
I am not sure how many liberals (as the author uses the term) there are. It seems to me most democrat voters are fully behind the extremists in their party. And I don't see marxists taking over, I see a natural evolution from identity politics and political correctness (democrat political strategy) to marxism.

Last edited:
The problem is we’re living in an age when the gentlest critiques of unfettered capitalism are branded Marxist. Project fear.

The problem is we’re living in an age when the gentlest critiques of unfettered capitalism are branded Marxist. Project fear.

It's not like they are hiding their belief in that ideology. Look at the institutional support given BLM, an organization run by "trained Marxists".

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are “trained Marxists” – making clear their movement’s ideological foundation, according to a report.

Maybe this thread should be called “QAnon Consciousness”...

At a White House briefing on Wednesday, there was this exchange:
Reporter: QAnon believes you are secretly saving the world from this cult of pedophiles and cannibals. Are you behind that?
President Trump: Is that supposed to be a bad thing? We are actually. We are saving the world.
QAnon believers, Trump says, are just a bunch of people who “love their country.” Actually, the FBI, in May 2019, said the conspiracy theory is a domestic terrorist threat pushing baseless allegations such as Pizzagate: “The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/20/gop-is-refuge-bigots-wackos/

This is why you should never use your real name on the internet and never provide personal information or list friends or family in your profile or post photographs of people.

It makes you vulnerable to people who use the latest psychological science to investigate and manipulate you and others, and you'll never know you were manipulated or what the purpose of the manipulation was. The information in your posts is a windfall for them but filling out your profile makes it much easier for them. When you give away personal information, you open yourself to becoming an unwitting tool for manipulators and their unknown purposes.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the sources of data for shadow government influence operations are the same tech companies that are censoring ideas they don't like. It's not coincidence, it's cooperation.

And this has been going on for many years, long before Trump and 2016, long before Obama in 2008.

When the service is free, your're not the customer, your're the product.

https://theweek.com/articles/761830/youre-not-facebooks-customer-youre-facebooks-product
March 21, 2018​
You're not Facebook's customer. You're Facebook's product.
Facebook remains one of the most valuable companies in the world. Where, we might ask, is that value derived? After all, its 1.4 billion daily active users pay nothing for access to the platform, no matter how much they use it. It's free from top to bottom.
The key point is this: When the service is free, you're not the customer. You're the product. If you don't want to be the product, don't sign up in the first place, or short of that, don't load a bunch of personal data in the expectations that it will be kept private.

When the service is free, your're not the customer, your're the product.

https://theweek.com/articles/761830/youre-not-facebooks-customer-youre-facebooks-product
March 21, 2018​
You're not Facebook's customer. You're Facebook's product.
Facebook remains one of the most valuable companies in the world. Where, we might ask, is that value derived? After all, its 1.4 billion daily active users pay nothing for access to the platform, no matter how much they use it. It's free from top to bottom.
The key point is this: When the service is free, you're not the customer. You're the product. If you don't want to be the product, don't sign up in the first place, or short of that, don't load a bunch of personal data in the expectations that it will be kept private.

"Product" doesn't do justice to the situation.

"Product" means you are volunteering to make yourself available to be manipulated and you'll never know how or by whom.

"Product" means you are volunteering to be turned into a unconscious bot working for anyone willing to pay the price.

Back