Trump Consciousness

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else because it isn't specifically about Trump, but then the riots aren't either. I just had a dream that had a comment on the media that I found interesting. If one is inclined to connect "consciousness" to our daily lives, this might prove interesting. Otherwise, likely not. Here is the dream:

I am inside a church.

I don't remember much more about the church. There had been services, a fleeting memory of the pastor and a few of the churchgoers, looking out a window at the church, the parking lot.

Next, I am standing on an indoor stage.

A televised program is ongoing. It appears to be an awards program. I am assisting in the presenting duties, with others. Some people hand awards out, others come to receive their awards. At certain moments, I have to come out and say a few words.

After this has been going on for some time, a cue card comes out. It has my name on it and a message telling me to stand approximately center stage. Others stand around me. Someone else thanks each of us by name, after which, we are directed to sit in the audience.

After I am thanked, I walk forward off the stage, then between two rows of chairs. Toward the end of the row on the right, I see an empty chair that I think of as mine. I walk to that chair and sit. At about that time, the name of an elderly man is called but he isn't where he is supposed to be. The presenters look around for him but do not see him.

I look to the floor on the left of my chair, which is on the end of its row. The old man lies there, collapsed, unmoving. I recognize him from the church mentioned earlier. I fear he's died or had a heart attack. I shout out that I've found the man. A pretty young woman with a microphone approaches, sees the man, and smiles at me. "You didn't push him out of his chair did you?" she asks, as if it is a funny joke. I don't find it funny.

The old man suddenly sits up, wide awake. He says something to the effect that he received a warning while unconscious. He starts to write it out as he speaks but has a hard time writing. Then he just says it outright, "They have been possessed", meaning that the media assembled in this room, and the media in general wherever they are, have been possessed by evil spirits or something evil.

My impression is that the old man's warning was directed more toward the media than anyone they might harm. He seemed quite concerned about media figures whose spirits would be permanently harmed by the possession. The damage would be great to them because of the damage they would cause others in their possessed state. That would harm their own spirits in a permanent way because all of their actions become indelible permanent components of their spiritual body.
To be clear then, I guess your interpretation of this dream is that what is going on right now, derives from an evil force external to humanity?

Would a person who was possessed get bad karma for the acts he did in that state?

It does rather feel that way, people just scream for things which would bring total chaos to society.

David

Last edited:
To be clear then, I guess your interpretation of this dream is that what is going on right now, derives from an evil force external to humanity?

Would a person who was possessed get bad karma for the acts he did in that state?

It does rather feel that way, people just scream for things which would bring total chaos to society.

David

I don't like to "interpret" dreams because interpretation is often a subjective process prone to confirmation bias. In this case, a character in my dream said explicitly that he had received a warning concerning the media. According to him, the media were possessed. Because they were possessed, they would cause harm. Responsibility for that harm would lie with the media, who would be permanently harmed by their role in deceiving others. When I write that out, I'm not interpreting anything. I am just recording what this character said in my dream.

The question is,"is what the old man said true?" In situations like this, I tend to be slightly more impressed when the view expressed is counter to my interests and ideas. In this case, it is consistent with my feelings about the American media. That doesn't make it wrong or "subjective" but it does give me pause. The dream was unexpected, which counts in its favor, but I wouldn't go so far as to say, if true, that the dreams requires interpretation. As far as I am concerned, either the media is literally "possessed" as the man in the dream said, or they aren't. I wouldn't want to interpret any other meaning from it.

I don't like to "interpret" dreams because interpretation is often a subjective process prone to confirmation bias. In this case, a character in my dream said explicitly that he had received a warning concerning the media. According to him, the media were possessed. Because they were possessed, they would cause harm. Responsibility for that harm would lie with the media, who would be permanently harmed by their role in deceiving others. When I write that out, I'm not interpreting anything. I am just recording what this character said in my dream.

The question is,"is what the old man said true?" In situations like this, I tend to be slightly more impressed when the view expressed is counter to my interests and ideas. In this case, it is consistent with my feelings about the American media. That doesn't make it wrong or "subjective" but it does give me pause. The dream was unexpected, which counts in its favor, but I wouldn't go so far as to say, if true, that the dreams requires interpretation. As far as I am concerned, either the media is literally "possessed" as the man in the dream said, or they aren't. I wouldn't want to interpret any other meaning from it.

https://skeptiko.com/andrew-paquette-brings-statistical-rigor-to-psi-experiences/

Thank You... I went to your second interview (I had not caught this one before) - this has been personally helpful.

Just a tidbit here. It has been my opinion for some time that there is something to the whole alien abduction thing and, to me, it connects to the 144,000 in the Book of Revelation. This is very complex - I actually think the Apocalypse is going to be a bit of a comedy! Anyway, recently I revisited the very strange book called "The Key" by Whitley Strieber. I have had this a long time but have not properly read it but I took another look at it yesterday. It purports to be a conversation in 1998 at 2:30 AM in a hotel room between Whitley and a strange man (who may be an alien though I think he says he is a Canadian!). Anyway. I personally have many strange things and there are links between my strange stuff and the contents of The Key - for example, he talks about Mars being devastated by mankind in our war against God (so the "real" story of Adam and Eve). At one level, this is "batshit crazy" but then Mars is there at the very beginning of my strange things (back in Oct 2009)... so not sure what to think.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that there are also some implications in The Key that our "leaders are demons" and that there are aliens "among us". The "alien abduction" space has lots about hybrids who look like us. So, one must consider the idea that maybe some prominent people are not exactly who they seem to be...

Heck, maybe David Icke is right and the Queen of England is a reptilian! Now that would be hilarious. Anyway, seems that the Mayan Calendar actually runs out on Sunday, June 21! I am cautiously optimistic there may be positive developments. I also have my lottery tickets for June 20. I am using 3 of your numbers from your dream (that being Andy Paquette's dream in his book Dreamer on June 20, 1988) and three other numbers from another source. Jackpot is £11m so fingers crossed! And, of course Andy, I'll convince my wife (better from a tax point of view if she is the winner as she is not a US citizen) to send a few million your way as well.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-statement-on-bogus-claims-of-ticket-hacking

June 21, 2020​
TRUMP CAMPAIGN STATEMENT ON BOGUS CLAIMS OF TICKET HACKING​
Press Releases​
“Leftists and online trolls doing a victory lap, thinking they somehow impacted rally attendance, don’t know what they’re talking about or how our rallies work. Reporters who wrote gleefully about TikTok and K-Pop fans - without contacting the campaign for comment - behaved unprofessionally and were willing dupes to the charade. Registering for a rally means you’ve RSVPed with a cell phone number and we constantly weed out bogus numbers, as we did with tens of thousands at the Tulsa rally, in calculating our possible attendee pool. These phony ticket requests never factor into our thinking. What makes this lame attempt at hacking our events even more foolish is the fact that every rally is general admission - entry is on a first-come-first-served basis and prior registration is not required. The fact is that a week’s worth of the fake news media warning people away from the rally because of COVID and protestors, coupled with recent images of American cities on fire, had a real impact on people bringing their families and children to the rally. MSNBC was among outlets reporting that protesters even blocked entrances to the rally at times. For the media to now celebrate the fear that they helped create is disgusting, but typical. And it makes us wonder why we bother credentialing media for events when they don’t do their full jobs as professionals.”​
- Brad Parscale, Trump 2020 campaign manager​

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/upshot/hospitals-lost-price-transparency-lawsuit.html
A federal judge has upheld a Trump administration policy that requires hospitals and health insurers to publish their negotiated prices for health services, numbers that are typically kept secret.​

Why this is imporant:

https://www.boredpanda.com/america-health-system-advice/
Americans Share How Much Their Hospital Bills Have Gone Down Just Because They Asked For An Itemized Receipt
1253763069651517440-png__700.jpg

1253838792328269824-png__700.jpg

1253724729799856128-png__700.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/upshot/hospitals-lost-price-transparency-lawsuit.html
A federal judge has upheld a Trump administration policy that requires hospitals and health insurers to publish their negotiated prices for health services, numbers that are typically kept secret.​

Why this is imporant:

https://www.boredpanda.com/america-health-system-advice/
Americans Share How Much Their Hospital Bills Have Gone Down Just Because They Asked For An Itemized Receipt
1253763069651517440-png__700.jpg

1253838792328269824-png__700.jpg

1253724729799856128-png__700.jpg
So regulation IS good?

So regulation IS good?
I think it depends upon the nature of the regulation. Forcing businesses to disclose their prices seems pretty reasonable. I suppose intervention on some level is always inavoidable irregardless of governmental philosophy? I guess the debate is where that line is drawn.

I think it depends upon the nature of the regulation. Forcing businesses to disclose their prices seems pretty reasonable. I suppose intervention on some level is always inavoidable irregardless of governmental philosophy? I guess the debate is where that line is drawn.
I was, as I'm sure you picked up on, being tongue in cheek.

Trump's whole business platform was based on blowing out regulations, reducing government's size and reach, and freeing up the market economy to raise all boats. Its a legitimate platform no doubt. I just like poking at Jim who seems to enjoy being Chief Propaganda Officer for Trump: its not that all regulation is bad; only regulation that Trump in his infinite wisdom doesn't favor. Again, not what he himself said when stumping for the office.

Nothing new. Guy's a disingenuous blowhard at his core (Trump, not Jim. I like Jim!).

Health care costs are high in the US because of government regulation of the health care industry including medicare, the corporate tax deduction, for employee health insurance benefits, and Obamacare, as well as tort laws that make malpractice insurance high, laws for medical school accreditation that makes medical school expensive, and laws that require a doctor for services a nurse could provide.

Once you have an industry distorted by government intervention, you are going to have to apply an endless number of patches to deal with the unintended consequences of the laws, the unintended consequences of the patches. with patches on top of patches on top of patches etc.

If people want a regulated system, they should look at Singapore as a model.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Singapore

I can’t believe I’m actually considering voting for Trump. Either the country has lost its mind or I have, or both. I was so outspoken on Trump in 2016 on social media in a big way. I still think he’s a buffoon mostly and borderline narcissistic personality but I agree with his policies more than those of the Democrats anymore. I feel like the Democratic Party (much of it anyways) has lost its mind in 2020.

I think Biden has a great shot at winning though.

Back