Trump Consciousness

I don't think Trump has conviction about anything other than his singular goal of serving his own ego. There's nothing I've seen to indicate otherwise including this supposed anti-war conviction of his. So, if Trump had to make a tough choice between military action and, say, his own re-election I don't think he'd think twice about dropping a bomb. What evidence would suggest otherwise?
David said I can't call you a nutjob.

Like I said, wars are far harder to stop than they are to start. He is under enormous pressure from the 'Left' - remember the tremendous fuss that was made when he pulled back troops in Syria that were directly in line of a Turkish attack on some Kurdish forces.

I noticed that the article referenced his attacks on ISIS. He promised them before he got elected, and sadly those fighters were so indoctrinated that their tactic was to fight to the death regardless. I can't see any other way to deal with such people. It was very sad, because I am pretty sure much of that indoctrination was devised by the CIA. They used the same tactic originally in Afghanistan. He also avoided falling for the fake gas attacks trick in Syria (presumably also a product of the CIA), by using fake military action that killed nobody - or nearly nobody - I am not sure. 'Right wing' people over here were wringing their hands in horror when they thought he was about to ramp up a war - I remember the enormous relief when the truth emerged.

Bolton got fired or left because Trump was not going to attack Iran - just pressurise them. I hope that works out as planned - but what would you like a president to do about Iran or NK. These are messes that have built up from years and years of US military posturing.

David
Trump doesn't like war, he never agreed w/Bolton (who is a warmonger). That said... we like to win. We might be at some kind of war now (?). But no, Trump doesn't like killing people. Anyone suggesting otherwise either haven't paid attention or (as usual) is telling lies.

That is what is so awful about war - people get paid to kill others - often in very large numbers.

US forces supplied weapons to religious militants in Pakistan so they could attack Russian troops in Afghanistan. Eventually they succeeded and the Taliban were installed. Does anyone thing that was a good use of American power?

Every war kills and maims an enormous number of people - Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Vietnam, Korea, ......... Hardly any wars produce a good outcome. That is why President Trump is clearly extremely reluctant to start another war (which in turn is probably the root cause of a lot of the anti-Trump activity), and it is also why the world needs a second term for President Trump.

Hopefully after 8 years of President Trump, the US habit of looking round the world for places that could benefit from a dose of destruction and death may have dissipated somewhat.

David
ABSOLUTELY David. The left has been pushing for war with Russia since FOREVER. They must get $$ from the war machine like they got $$ from drugs & human trafficking.

Here we patrol poppy fields in 2012 (I wonder who was president then??????).

Attachments

• opium-fields-8.jpg
    opium-fields-8.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 3
I don't think Trump has conviction about anything other than his singular goal of serving his own ego. There's nothing I've seen to indicate otherwise including this supposed anti-war conviction of his. So, if Trump had to make a tough choice between military action and, say, his own re-election I don't think he'd think twice about dropping a bomb. What evidence would suggest otherwise?
Well he has made a number of unpopular decisions during his presidency to maintain peace.

He was advised to attack a Iran in reprisal for their downing of an unmanned drone. He asked for an estimate of the cost in Iranian lives, and was told over 200, so he scrubbed the attack.

Having eliminated Qasem Soleiman, he didn't follow through when the Iranians made some sort of feeble attack on a US base in Iraq.

He moved US troops out of harm's way before a Turkish attack on Kurdish forces. If US troops had been killed in that action, the situation was likely to have escalated.

You can, of course, say that no politician has conviction about anything - they just play to their supporters, well whatever, his supporters wanted peace, and they got it.

David

Malf,

That is clearly a deceptive video. If you mark it as deliberately deceptive, it can stay, but otherwise I would like you to remove it.

Imagine for a second, what it is like to have the responsibilities of being POTUS, and yet have people creating videos like that.

David

Malf,

That is clearly a deceptive video. If you mark it as deliberately deceptive, it can stay, but otherwise I would like you to remove it.

Imagine for a second, what it is like to have the responsibilities of being POTUS, and yet have people creating videos like that.

David

Imagine being someone who finds the video useful to create and/or propagate.

Malf, when something is obviously a lie & used to influence others it's just wrong, no matter who does it. Things are confusing enough without just lying. The thing w/Trump saying obama wasn't born here is what he believes or believed. So do a lot of people. obama's 1/2 brother says his birth cert. is fake.

Look, don't misunderstand I actually voted for obama to the dismay of many. But, I thought it would help the black communities. It didn't, it made it worse.

Personally, I really think people who attack others kids are pretty low. I'm sure you don't mean to do that.

The satire (not deception) in the video, is that all that Don Jr levels at Biden can be reflected back at his father.
Again, imagine being someone who finds propagating unsubstantiated claims about the origin of the POTUS' birth.
Always piling on aren't you Silence. Man, it makes me wonder what happened to you. I need to stop picking on you & just pity you. Dude, it's obvious. You either need a vaca, woman or therapy. I mean this in the kindest way. GESH.

Chester, you didn't watch the stupid video or you'd never type what you did.

haha BUSTED! (attempted to use sarcasm)

but to make sure my point is understood... I assumed, from David's comment, that the video was stupid. Thus, I tried to imagine being someone who felt the need to make a stupid video and/or propagate it... and well, I did not like "seeing" what my imagination was returning. - my attempt at sarcasm fell short.

Last edited:
Always piling on aren't you Silence. Man, it makes me wonder what happened to you. I need to stop picking on you & just pity you. Dude, it's obvious. You either need a vaca, woman or therapy. I mean this in the kindest way. GESH.
Ah, that's cute. Thanks for the concern but its unnecessary. Just stick to the content; we're all adults here.

The thing w/Trump saying obama wasn't born here is what he believes or believed.
Source? You've just bought this line for whatever reason. What Trump "believes" actually seems to have nothing to do with what he says considering how often he contradicts himself. Trump says things to advance narratives that he believes will further his cause. The meme video in question and Trump's contention about Obama's birth share a few things: neither are true, any discerning person can see that, and both are intended to influence voters.

Source? You've just bought this line for whatever reason. What Trump "believes" actually seems to have nothing to do with what he says considering how often he contradicts himself. Trump says things to advance narratives that he believes will further his cause. The meme video in question and Trump's contention about Obama's birth share a few things: neither are true, any discerning person can see that, and both are intended to influence voters.

The video has been moderated away, even though it was clearly marked as satirical. Pathetic partisanship from David when you compare it to most of the liberal bashing on this forum.

Trigger alert for snowflakes! This is political satire:

Back