Trump Consciousness

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1299090528508751872.html

Thread – On Gaslighting​
1. Gaslighting is defined as “manipulating (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.” The Left and their media sycophants have been gaslighting America for the past three years.​
2. There are other actions that dovetail with gaslighting that they have pushed, too, including misdirection, dezinformatsiya (disinformation), and outright lying. And it’s gotten worse as they’ve failed to rid themselves of their nemesis, @realDonaldTrump.​
3. This is the case even in the face of incontrovertible facts. The Left (the #Dementiacrats and others) are growing increasingly desperate in their blatant attempts to manipulate (“gaslight”) voters in advance of the 3 November election.​
4. Recently, a pal sent me some good commentary that describes gaslighting and how Americans are continually being gaslighted on a host of subjects. I don’t know the original source of the commentary, but I agree with it completely. I suspect it will resonate with you, too.​
5. <Commentary begins>​
Have you ever asked yourself, ‘am I crazy just dumb?’ If you have ever asked yourself that, you’re not either.​
6. You’re most likely being gaslighted. Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse aimed at controlling a person by altering reality to the point where the person will doubt their own sanity.​
7. The term “gaslighting” comes from a 1930’s play called Gas Light. The main character in the play literally tries to drive his wife crazy by gradually dimming the gas-powered lights in their home.​
8. When she notices the lights dimming, her husband not only denies that the lights are dimming, he convinces her that she is imagining it to the point where she questions her own sanity.​
9. We are living in a perpetual state of gaslighting. The reality that we are being told by the media is at complete odds with what we are seeing with our own two eyes.​
10. And when we question the false reality that we are being presented, or we claim that what we see is that actual reality, we are vilified as racist or bigots or just plain crazy. You’re not racist. You’re not crazy. You’re being gaslighted.​
11. New York State has twice as many deaths from Covid-19 than any other state, and New York has accounted for one fifth of all Covid-19 deaths, but we are told that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has handled the pandemic better than any other governor.
12. But if we support policies of Governors whose states had only a fraction of the infections and deaths as New York, we’re called anti-science and want people to die. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
13. We see mobs of people looting stores, smashing windows, setting cars on fire and burning down buildings, but we are told that these demonstrations are peaceful protests.
14. And when we call this destruction of our cities, riots, we are called racists. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
15. We see the major problem destroying many inner-cities is crime; murder, gang violence, drug dealing, drive-by shootings, armed robbery, but we are told that it is not crime, but the police that are the problem in the inner-cities.
16. We are told we must defund the police and remove law enforcement from crime-riddled cities to make them safer.
17. But if we advocate for more policing in cities overrun by crime, we are accused of being white supremacists and racists. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
18. The United States of America accepts more immigrants than any other country in the world. The vast majority of the immigrants are “people of color”, and these immigrants are enjoying freedom and economic opportunity not available to them in their country of origin, ….
18A. … but we are told that the United States is the most racist and oppressive country on the planet, and if we disagree, we are called racist and xenophobic. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
19. Capitalist countries are the most prosperous countries in the world. The standard of living is the highest in capitalist countries. We see more poor people move up the economic ladder to the middle and even the wealthy class through their effort and ability ….
19A. … in capitalist countries than any other economic system in the world, but we are told capitalism is an oppressive system designed to keep people down. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
20. Communist countries killed over 100 million people in the 20th century. Communist countries strip their citizens of basic human rights, dictate every aspect of their lives, treat their citizens like slaves, and drive their economies into the ground, ….
20A. … but we are told that Communism is the fairest, most equitable, freest and most prosperous economic system in the world. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.
21. The most egregious example of gaslighting is the concept of “white fragility”. You spend your life trying to be a good person, trying to treat people fairly and with respect. You disavow racism and bigotry in all its forms.
22. You judge people solely on the content of their character and not by the color of their skin. You don’t discriminate based on race or ethnicity. But you are told you are a racist, not because of something you did or said, but solely because of the color of your skin.
23. You know instinctively that charging someone with racism because of their skin color is itself racist. You know that you are not racist, so you defend yourself and your character, but you are told that your defense of yourself is proof of your racism.
24. So, we ask ourselves, am I crazy? No, you’re being gaslighted.​
25. Gaslighting has become one of the most pervasive and destructive tactics in American politics. It is the exact opposite of what our political system was meant to be. It deals in lies and psychological coercion, and not the truth and intellectual discourse.​
26. If you ever ask yourself if you’re crazy, you are not. Crazy people aren’t sane enough to ask themselves if they’re crazy.​
27. So, trust yourself, believe what’s in your heart. Trust our eyes over what we are told. Never listen to the people who tell you that you are crazy, because you are not, you’re being gaslighted.​
<End of commentary>​
28. The entire #Dementiacrat Convention was nothing but gaslighting – an anti-Trump hate-fest aimed at convincing Americans that jumping on the #Dementiacrat leftwing bandwagon is the only sane thing to do. Not one condemnation of the violent rioting and chaos in the streets!​
29. I don’t know about you, but Leftists on Tw@tter try to gaslight me all of the time. The only way to combat their B.S. is to stay informed and be aware of all of the facts. They run out of arguments quickly when confronted with the facts.​
30. Another watchword by which to live is, “trust but verify.” This applies to consumption of information from all sorts of sources, but especially the legacy media and leftist-oriented social media presences. Because the SOBs lie, and many are even paid to do so!​
31. The #Dementiacrats and their lickspittle media are going to be gaslighting us nonstop over the next 68 days because that's ALL that they've got. Don’t fall for their B.S! ///The end.​
Where's the list for the republicans, or are you asserting that they don't resort to the exact same tactics?

Wait, did I just as Jim a question? Have I lost my mind? I keep forgetting this is his own personal propaganda blog and not a discussion forum.

This powerful bit of NZ tv, aired yesterday, may go some way to explaining why I end up talking past so many here:

I can't be bothered debunking all this kind of crap, so I'll let Scott Adams do it for me. Jump to around 36:30 and listen for 8-10 minutes:

Tell me, Malf: do you have any scientific training or qualification at all? Enquiring minds want to know, because your particular brand of gullibility seems impervious to facts and logic.

Tell me, Malf: do you have any scientific training or qualification at all? Enquiring minds want to know, because your particular brand of gullibility seems impervious to facts and logic.
You realise you’ve just dismissed an academic and referred me to a cartoonist?

Last edited:
You realise you’ve just dismissed an academic and referred me to a cartoonist?

Of course. To quote a well-known Sufi saying, "Don't look at my face, but take what is in my hand". The question is, are Scott's facts correct? Have you, for instance, read the full transcript of the so-called "fine people" speech? It's readily available. But all the media shows is the part where he says that there are fine people on both sides, and censors the rest where he makes it plain he condemned fascists.

The media did something similar with the ridiculous "drink bleach" allegation, which Trump didn't say. All you have to do is search for the full information and you'll be in possession of the facts. But you prefer to parrot the media spin, which is very selective in what it chooses to present to you, at best a typically gullible person, just the kind it seeks to keep on board.

Scott wasn't always a cartoonist; he has extensive experience in business, economics and banking, and you'd know that if you had done any research. I fully expected you not to have and wasn't at all surprised by your response, which is the standard one encouraged by the media. It just goes to show that you aren't interested in facts but prefer to live inside your bubble.

You didn't answer my question: do you or do you not have any scientific training or qualifications? If you don't, that would explain your irrational obduracy: you're just an idiot. If you do, then for some God-forsaken reason you've elected to play the agent provocateur and are simply trolling. Either way, you're somewhat of a pillock.

In the US some prescription drugs cost more if you pay with insurance and the pharmacists can't tell you.
Trump is ending this scam.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-on-drug-middlemen-will-lower-prices-further/

According to the Consumer Price Index, prescription drug prices in the United States dropped 2 percent from June 2018 to June 2019, which is the largest annual drop since 1967. In contrast, drug prices increased an average of 3.6 per year during President Obama’s eight years in office.​
Meanwhile, average premiums for Medicare Part D prescription drug plans have decreased 13.5 percent since 2017. The cumulative savings to seniors? $1.9 billion.​
...​
Now the president’s executive order cracking down on pharmaceutical drug middlemen, known as Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), will continue the fight to lower prices even more.​
...​
Trump recently issued an executive order which will be crucial in putting money back in seniors’ pockets: an order forcing the massive PBMs to give the rebates they extract from their huge clout in the market directly to the consumers they’re supposed to be working for.​
...​
And “clawbacks” are cases where PBMs negotiate that patients pay a higher copay than the drug actually costs, netting the difference to themselves. For example, a patient might be charged a $50 copay for a drug that costs $10. They could just buy it out of pocket for $40 less than the copay, but often the pharmacist is prevented from saying so.​

Trump wants to withhold federal money from cities that don't attempt to stop rioting.
"New York City, Washington, DC, Seattle and Portland are initial targets"

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/trump-orders-review-to-defund-nyc-other-anarchist-cities/

President Trump is ordering the federal government to begin the process of defunding New York City and three other cities where officials allowed “lawless” protests and cut police budgets amid rising violent crime, The Post can exclusively reveal.​
Trump on Wednesday signed a five-page memo ordering all federal agencies to send reports to the White House Office of Management and Budget that detail funds that can be redirected.​
New York City, Washington, DC, Seattle and Portland are initial targets as Trump makes “law and order” a centerpiece of his reelection campaign after months of unrest and violence following the May killing of George Floyd by Minnesota police.​
“My Administration will not allow Federal tax dollars to fund cities that allow themselves to deteriorate into lawless zones,” Trump says in the memo, which twice mentions New York Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.​
...​

As I just stated elsewhere, if this wasn't happening in actuality we'd think it to be a new political parody Netflix series. Its a literal clown show.

Trump wants to withhold federal money from cities that don't attempt to stop rioting.
"New York City, Washington, DC, Seattle and Portland are initial targets"

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/trump-orders-review-to-defund-nyc-other-anarchist-cities/

President Trump is ordering the federal government to begin the process of defunding New York City and three other cities where officials allowed “lawless” protests and cut police budgets amid rising violent crime, The Post can exclusively reveal.​
Trump on Wednesday signed a five-page memo ordering all federal agencies to send reports to the White House Office of Management and Budget that detail funds that can be redirected.​
New York City, Washington, DC, Seattle and Portland are initial targets as Trump makes “law and order” a centerpiece of his reelection campaign after months of unrest and violence following the May killing of George Floyd by Minnesota police.​
“My Administration will not allow Federal tax dollars to fund cities that allow themselves to deteriorate into lawless zones,” Trump says in the memo, which twice mentions New York Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.​
...​
I’ll grant you, Trump can occasionally pull off incredible feats...

He made Laura Ingraham look like a rational, centred, clear-eyed human being the other day:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/destroyed-biden-records/

Judicial Watch Files Suit after Secret Service Admits to Destroying Records Related to Alleged Biden Altercation with Secret Service Agent​
...​
Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security for records that the Secret Service claims to have destroyed related to a reported physical altercation between a Secret Service Agent and Joe Biden at a photo op in 2009 (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Homeland Security (No. 1:20-cv-02457)).​
...​
In a July 13, 2020 response to Judicial Watch’s request, the Secret Service appeared to confirm that a file on the alleged incident existed at some point, asserting, “[T]here are no responsive records or documents pertaining to your request in our files,” because “the above mentioned file(s) has been destroyed” due to “retention standards.” The Secret Service added that, “[n]o additional information is available.” It did not deny the incident had occurred. In its lawsuit, Judicial Watch intends to test the Secret Service’s assertion that it destroyed all records about the incident.​
“We had not been able to confirm whether the report about the alleged altercation might be true until the Secret Service itself suggested it destroyed records about the incident,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.​

Back