Trump Consciousness

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...at-must-be-filled-before-the-election-n944445

Ted Cruz Explains Perfectly Why RBG's Seat Must Be Filled Before the Election
“I believe that the president should, next week, nominate a successor to the court. I think it is critical that the Senate takes up and confirms that successor before Election Day,” Senator Cruz told Sean Hannity on Fox News.​
Democrats and Joe Biden have made clear they intend to challenge this election. They intend to fight the legitimacy of the election. As you you know Hillary Clinton has told Joe Biden ‘under no circumstances should you concede, you should challenge this election.’ and we cannot have election day come and go with a 4-4 court.”​
Cruz continued, “A 4-4 court that is equally divided cannot decide anything. And I think we risk a constitutional crisis if we do not have a nine-justice Supreme Court, particularly when there is such a risk of … a contested election.”​
Cruz then shared his experience litigating Bush vs. Gore case and how the country didn’t know for 37 days who the president-elect was. “I think we have the responsibility to do our job. The president should nominate a principled constitutionalist with a proven record and the Senate … should do our job and protect the country from the constitutional crisis that could result otherwise.”​

That is very true!

Could the supreme court become involved in any wrangling about the result of the election?

David

Yes it happened in 2000, and that is the point here:
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...at-must-be-filled-before-the-election-n944445

Ted Cruz Explains Perfectly Why RBG's Seat Must Be Filled Before the Election
“I believe that the president should, next week, nominate a successor to the court. I think it is critical that the Senate takes up and confirms that successor before Election Day,” Senator Cruz told Sean Hannity on Fox News.​
Democrats and Joe Biden have made clear they intend to challenge this election. They intend to fight the legitimacy of the election. As you you know Hillary Clinton has told Joe Biden ‘under no circumstances should you concede, you should challenge this election.’ and we cannot have election day come and go with a 4-4 court.”​
Cruz continued, “A 4-4 court that is equally divided cannot decide anything. And I think we risk a constitutional crisis if we do not have a nine-justice Supreme Court, particularly when there is such a risk of … a contested election.”​
Cruz then shared his experience litigating Bush vs. Gore case and how the country didn’t know for 37 days who the president-elect was. “I think we have the responsibility to do our job. The president should nominate a principled constitutionalist with a proven record and the Senate … should do our job and protect the country from the constitutional crisis that could result otherwise.”​

The Democrat party is demonstrating through its actions that they do not believe in following the law when it is not in their interest to do so.
This is extremely dangerous because history shows that such attitudes when held by governments eventually turn against their followers.

Democrats are rioting and Democrat politicians give them tacit approval because the Democrats have very little political power and they are resorting to violence because they can't gain power through legal means.

The Democrat party has very little power within the Federal Government in Washington D.C. There is a Democrat majority in the House, but Republicans control the Senate and the Presidency and Trump is appointing more and more federal judges who will interpret the law as it was meant when enacted and not according to liberal ideology. And Democrats control fewer state governments than Republicans.

https://www.atr.org/map?amp

Republicans Have Full Control of 22 States, Democrats 15​
...​
Thursday, January 23rd, 2020, 2,00 PM​
Republicans have full control of the legislative and executive branch in 22 states.​
Democrats have full control of the legislative and executive branch in 15 states.​
Population of the 22 fully R-controlled states: 132,338,323​
Population of the 15 fully D-controlled states: 120,326,393​
Republicans have full control of the legislative branch in 30 states.​
Democrats have full control of the legislative branch in 19 states.​
Population of the 30 fully R-controlled states: 184,536,246​
Population of the 19 fully D-controlled states: 135,248,276​

Lindsey Graham:
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pr...ent-view-of-the-judicial-confirmation-process
after the treatment of Justice Kavanaugh I now have a different view of the judicial-confirmation process. Compare the treatment of Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh to that of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, and it’s clear that there already is one set of rules for a Republican president and one set of rules for a Democrat president.​
I therefore think it is important that we proceed expeditiously to process any nomination made by President Trump to fill this vacancy. I am certain if the shoe were on the other foot, you would do the same.​

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/the-week-in-pictures-witness-protection-edition.php

l
Screen-Shot-2020-09-23-at-8.36.46-AM.png

I keep my fingers crossed until Nov 4, 5, 6, 7 - whenever. I really hope Trump wins big. Nobody with a brain could vote for a guy who had clearly suffered mental decline even before being selected as a presidential candidate. If, as claimed, Biden is not mentally impaired, he would have offered to debate with Trump earlier, just to prove this point.

I really like the lack of wars - and indeed the lack of traditional sabre rattling, the peace treaties in the Middle East, and I hope he will be able to do a deal with Putin from a position of strength to stop the dangerous arms race.

David

Back