Mod+ UFOs Are Here

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by K9!, Jan 23, 2015.

1. K9!

K9! New

Apparently, being a member of the Paracast forum (or even being a guest on the show) means being subjected to Gene Steinberg's constant personal appeals for money.

https://ufotrail.blogspot.ca/2018/02/updates-on-paracast-host-gene-steinberg.html

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Trancestate likes this.
  2. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

is it really plausable to accuse science of covering up UFO's? :D

i seen a few of those hipster skeptic videos of those accusing scientists of doing so and it seems the accusers apparently getting owned or something idk

3. Laird

Laird Member

I don't have a problem with somebody saying, "Hey, this podcast is my main activity - if you appreciate it and want to support me in producing it and making a living from it, then please set up a regular donation to my Patreon [or similar] account". That's perfectly reasonable and up-front. But this e-begging business is, frankly, duplicitous - the constant claims of (paraphrased) "This is a very temporary and desperate need for money; I'm almost on my feet financially - I just ask you to provide this one-off help" are obviously false when they have been occurring at such a high frequency for such an extended period of time.

Further, Gene's former Paracast host (note: I have not confirmed this guy's identity), reveals from 28:30 in this video that Gene has been leasing a BMW and eating out every night during this e-begging (if you want to skip the background and go straight to the referenced details, start from about 32m28s). Gene's current (at least at the time) Paracast host (note: again, I have not confirmed this guy's identity) corroborated that, starting from 1h28m44s in this interview (again, to skip the background and go directly to this quote, start from 1h30m36s): "He's in a nice condo, gated community, drives a late-model leased car, you know".

Trancestate and K9! like this.
  4. K9!

K9! New

Apparently even Chris O'Brien has had enough of his co-host and is thinking about moving on (although I have to admit that I'm not a fan of O'Brien either).

http://ufotrail.blogspot.ca/2018/01...howComment=1515613359614#c7320129891745848980
    https://ufotrail.blogspot.ca/2018/02/updates-on-paracast-host-gene-steinberg.html

Wormwood, Trancestate and Laird like this.
  5. dpdownsouth

dpdownsouth Member

Here's South Africa's most famous abductee: Elizabeth Klarer..... there's even a little road sign marking the spot where she first made 'contact'.

I used to be completely sceptical towards her.... but since finding out about the strangeness that accompanies many encounters.... I'm much more open.

Wormwood likes this.
  6. Charlie Primero

Charlie Primero Member

Lying Deep State Scum want you to fear non-existent E.T. Space Aliens.

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-up-with-those-pentagon-ufo-videos

Wormwood likes this.
  7. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

Im really beginning to admire Jacques Vallee

8. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

9. K9!

K9! New

I enjoy Where Did the Road Go?.

Wormwood likes this.
  10. K9!

K9! New

What I found interesting about this talk were the comments about Bigelow's people coming out to help investigate various sightings. I also liked the fact that they were very careful when dealing with MUFON in regards to protecting the privacy of witnesses. In one case a TV producer had gotten the address of a witness who did not want to be on TV from the MUFON website. The producer had planned on going out to harass the witness. Fortunately, the Navajo Rangers had not provided MUFON with the real address of that witness (they knew better) and the producer was sent on a wild goose chase.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    dpdownsouth and Wormwood like this.
  11. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

What are your thoughts on MUFON K9? Doesn't it sort of seem they are getting nowhere? (To put it nicely) It might be time for them to hang it up. Waste of time.

12. K9!

K9! New

I'll start with a disclaimer: I've never attended a UFO convention or had any dealings with anyone associated with MUFON, so my opinion is based pretty much on a very limited number of youtube videos and podcasts. That being said, MUFON doesn't appear to be a scientific organization. It's more like a comic book convention or Star Trek club. I happen to enjoy both comic books and Star Trek, but I don't take either too seriously.

MUFON is not a professional academic or scientific organization. The only vetting process used to determine who belongs to "MUFON's Inner Circle" is financial. If you pay, you can belong to the inner circle.

There may be people associated with MUFON that do some good work. But it's kind of a crap shoot. I think you have to deal with investigators on an individual basis and be aware that your personal information and materials might be treated improperly. That could apply to any sort of group that investigates these things (such as the Bigelow people). So if you have a great video of a UFO, don't give your original copy to some guy claiming to be a UFOlogist. Anything you do decide to give to such individuals should be done after verifying who they are (make photocopies of their ID) and getting a signed receipt that states who owns the material, that it will be returned and when it will be returned.

Unfortunately, for those who have had unusual experiences, they might go to MUFON expecting help and find themselves being exploited by individuals looking for marketable material for books, blogs, TV and youtube.

Trancestate and Wormwood like this.
  13. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

To me, anybody who is not paying attention to the affect on the EXPERIENCER, is not really studying this phenomenon. Nobody is going to get anywhere just counting lights in the sky. They can keep compiling all this data, and they will continue to get nowhere.

14. K9!

K9! New

Looking at the effects on experiencers requires people with medical training and access to clinical services, which is way beyond the scope of an organization such as MUFON.

Trancestate likes this.
  15. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

Guys like Jacques Vallee have made a career out of it. Maybe you thought I was talking about specific Medical affects. I'm talking more about the psychological and spiritual effects. If counting lights is all you can do, you're not going to contribute much. We have thousands of accounts describing visuals etc. I dont think a few hundred more are going to enhance our understanding at all. And, hence, MUFON type groups haven't advanced our understand of the phenomenon one bit. The best way to learn about anything paranormal is to listen to the people with experiences. I mean REALLY listen to them. And not treat it as an exclusively external event.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    dpdownsouth likes this.
  16. dpdownsouth

dpdownsouth Member

Terrence Mckenna on his UFO sighting and the crossover between aliens and psychedelic encounters....

Dr. Kenneth Ring talking to Mckenna on UFO / NDE crossover, and the abduction phenomena as possible message from the Earth's consciousness.

Wormwood likes this.
  17. K9!

K9! New

For those who missed it before, it may not stay up on youtube very long, so here's your chance to see it:

dpdownsouth likes this.
  18. K9!

K9! New

Wormwood likes this.
  19. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

This is quite a useful thread. My wife and I have gone to it several times to dig up videos. Heres one I enjoyed the other day, hopefully it hasnt been posted in here, I don't think it has. It covers USO's. Very interesting.

K9! likes this.
  20. Wormwood

Wormwood Member

I've been really digging this Podcast after your suggestion. Check out the "Orbducted" show (number 25), its an incredibly bizarre story of 3 people who were taken together but had three VERY different experiences.

K9! and Larry like this.