Upcoming Live stream: Jean-François Gariépy The Open Space

I hope you will create a thread where we can discuss this interview before it happens. I have wondered for a long time if his viewpoint can be usefully slotted in to everything we discuss.

Maybe my first question would be to ask whether he considers his approach is close to admitting Idealism. Also, I wonder if he has tried meditation.

David
This would be a great discussion, so I throw my vote in as well - I am assuming that in this context, we are forfeiting space-time for a proposed alternative with superior explanatory potential? I am trying to define Idealism for myself now, because I really fail to understand it - and my working two thought experiments to try and maintain clarity around what it is... ;;/?

This would be a great discussion, so I throw my vote in as well - I am assuming that in this context, we are forfeiting space-time for a proposed alternative with superior explanatory potential?
He has a theory called "Observer Mechanics", that is based entirely on interactions between conscious entities. It is said he can derive the phenomena of Special Relativity from this theory.

This is the informal account of his ideas. The formal book, which I tried to read as a free PDF some years back, became impenetrably mathematically part way through.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Again...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1570744781&sr=8-1

David

Last edited:
it would probably be more accurate to say that bruce fenton believes he has found evidence of one of many ET visitations that impacted our genetic path.
Yeah that's my bias. But it's just a story anyway. A fun one!
I hope you will create a thread where we can discuss this interview before it happens. I have wondered for a long time if his viewpoint can be usefully slotted in to everything we discuss.

Maybe my first question would be to ask whether he considers his approach is close to admitting Idealism. Also, I wonder if he has tried meditation.

David
My only question right now is can it do anything different -- new predictions. Or when will it be testable.

Yeah that's my bias. But it's just a story anyway. A fun one!

My only question right now is can it do anything different -- new predictions. Or when will it be testable.
Well he starts from an argument that Natural Selection (NS) can't give us a perceptual system that can faithfully report reality, because NS only tunes something to live long enough to produce plenty of offspring.

I think that argument would be very powerful, if only I still believed in evolution by natural selection!

As it is, I think it is extremely interesting that RM+NS seems to be falling apart in several different ways right now. We have the traditional argument about irreducible complexity, then Behe's argument, which seems to work regardless of how many organisms have contributed to life on earth, and now this (actually Hoffman has plugged his idea for some time).

David

David
Hi David... Yes I have created the thread