Walkout at Susan Blackmoore lecture protesting anti-religious theme.

I do it because it reminds the reader that I have respect for the Creator.
I tend to capitalise for two reasons. One is the very practical one of distinguishing between individual gods such as Apollo or Mars, and something more all-encompassing. The other reason is partly convention, in the same way as days of the week or months of the year would be capitalised, and partly out of respect for other readers. If by showing respect for some I might disrespect others there is little I can do (other than remain silent).

Ah I see, we're sticking to ......Walkout at Susan Blackmoore lecture protesting anti-religious theme. Wait a minute....

Sorry, I was responding to Anonymous' question. Did you want to go in another direction? Aside from having skimmed it awhile back and just now I haven't looked at this case in any particular detail.

I tend to capitalise for two reasons. One is the very practical one of distinguishing between individual gods such as Apollo or Mars, and something more all-encompassing. The other reason is partly convention, in the same way as days of the week or months of the year would be capitalised, and partly out of respect for other readers. If by showing respect for some I might disrespect others there is little I can do (other than remain silent).

I tend to use "g" for gods generally, and "G" for the judeo/christian god in particular.

Dude you're being a jerk.
:D How?

I realise it is probably me who is on the wrong forum but, due to its history, the g-word is problematic for many, proponents and agnostics alike.

Capital G "God" infers the god. I'm sure it could be argued that spraying the word "God" around to mean anything other than a specific Abrahamic deity is actually less respectful to those traditions.

Read through some of the posts in this thread and wherever capital g "God" is used, exchange it for Allah.... how does that alter the message?

Last edited:
:D How?

I realise it is probably me who is on the wrong forum but, due to its history, the g-word is problematic for many, proponents and agnostics alike.

Capital G "God" infers the god. I'm sure it could be argued that spraying the word "God" around to mean anything other than a specific Abrahamic deity is actually less respectful to those traditions.

Read through some of the posts in this thread and wherever capital g "God" is used, exchange it for Allah.... how does that alter the message?

How can you call that dog ugly? He is beautiful.

Back