Watch Atheist TV Live

"Actually I would far rather be a professor at Basle university than God; but I didn't dare push my private selfishness, so as far as to neglect, just for myself, the creation of the world."
-Nietzsche

I'm sure they were banned for a lack of civility, not being a skeptic,
I have an idea for an experiment. I think we should see what happens if we go to a suicide prevention center, and swap out the the people who volunteer their with skeptics and atheists. I strongly urge this experiment. If evolution equipped us with imagination as a strategy to survive, let's see what happens if we block that strategy by using atheists and skeptics.

I have an idea for an experiment. I think we should see what happens if we go to a suicide prevention center, and swap out the the people who volunteer their with skeptics and atheists. I strongly urge this experiment. If evolution equipped us with imagination as a strategy to survive, let's see what happens if we block that strategy by using atheists and skeptics.
Don't you think there are skeptics/atheists among these volunteers?

Don't you think there are skeptics/atheists among these volunteers?
Why would there be? After all, the view of atheism is that life sucks and then you die permanently; this is a point of view, not a fact. And if it makes someone feel depressed to think that way, well the atheist calls that person weak. Atheism creates depression, it doesn't alleviate it.

Why would there be? After all, the view of atheism is that life sucks and then you die permanently; this is a point of view, not a fact. And if it makes someone feel depressed to think that way, well the atheist calls that person weak. Atheism creates depression, it doesn't alleviate it.
you did not answer the question, do you really think there are no skeptics/atheists amongst the volunteers in suicide prevention centers?

you did not answer the question, do you really think there are no skeptics/atheists amongst the volunteers in suicide prevention centers?
I doubt it. What would a skeptic/atheist say? "We're just an accident of creation and our lives have no purpose. But don't kill yourself dude. But if you do, there will be no consequences because your existence will cease to exist. At least I think it will. Actually I have no idea. I'm just assuming that we have no soul. I really don't know."

Ghost - your prejudice and ignorance here is stunning.

Ghost, I'll have to side with Arouet and Bart on this sub-topic. I don't think there's a tight = between atheism and life-not-worth-living-why-not-suicide. I think atheists or non-survival-believers (or simply a lot of regular folk who don't have a clue about survival evidence and just think fearfully upon death as possible/probable annihilation - by the way there are a lot of religiously-inclined people who don't have a strong sense of the possibility of the afterlife, but that's another subject) will equate killing one's self with annihilation, so it's easy to see some will feel more distraught at suicide. As someone now knowledgeable about survival evidence and fairly under its sway, I personally feel less distress at people "dying" in one way or another.

Say Robin Williams. I felt shocked and hurt initially because I have some sort of (relative) "attachment" to him, and you feel for his family. But 1) my being a "spiritualist" of some sort makes me think his death is not really death, and 2) my further readings in this area says this was probably a possibility (at the very least) in his soul plan, and therefore what it was supposed to be.

By the way, I had a few minutes watch at the Atheist TV and wanted to puke. Man, it was bad. :)

Let's also not forget his applauding someones death in the Victor Stenger thread. Is this evidence of this superior religious morality?
No argument there. I cannot claim superior morality; only frustration with the materialists who believe in statistically magical thinking of an infinite number of universes, and stand there, with a straight face, and claim "it's science". I assure you with all honesty and reason that such a proposition cannot be proven and is therefore "science fiction". Regrettably, such materialist atheists are never actually moved by reason; views only change when atheist-materialists "give up the ghost".

So I apologize for my bad behavior and do not claim superior morality when it comes to atheists. I find them to be as irrational as a pound of Higgs bosons.

No argument there. I cannot claim superior morality; only frustration with the materialists who believe in statistically magical thinking of an infinite number of universes, and stand there, with a straight face, and claim "it's science". I assure you with all honesty and reason that such a proposition cannot be proven and is therefore "science fiction". Regrettably, such materialist atheists are never actually moved by reason; views only change when atheist-materialists "give up the ghost".

So I apologize for my bad behavior and do not claim superior morality when it comes to atheists. I find them to be as irrational as a pound of Higgs bosons.

Who has claimed the multiverse is proven?

Ghost,

I respect your candor and honesty here. I admit to having a bit of a prejudice against the atheist materialists, partially as a defense mechinism to have had a number of bad experiences in trying to have civil interactions with them. However, I make no seeping judgements that they are all that way, that would be foolish of me.

Ghost,

I respect your candor and honesty here. I admit to having a bit of a prejudice against the atheist materialists, partially as a defense mechinism to have had a number of bad experiences in trying to have civil interactions with them. However, I make no seeping judgements that they are all that way, that would be foolish of me.

I'm not making a sweeping judgement. More accurately, I want to discourage this "attitude" of pointlessness, which is what atheism really stands for. I don't necessarily believe that God is as the atheists fear God to be: an all powerful judgmental God. I'm not even sure that God is the highly restrictive Christian God described in the Bible. But I do think there is cosmic orderliness. I do think there are spirits/angels and other wordly consciousnesses that occasionally interact with human beings. Unlike atheist "pointlessness", or as some atheists would say: the universe is pointless and stupid, I believe that human beings have a right and a privilege to choose their own life meaning. Don't misunderstand me. Atheists are oblivious and misguided when they say that life has no meaning. Instead, I am saying that human beings are loved by the Creator, and are here to live this life the best lives they can; and when it's all over, we go back to love, we go back to joy and we go back to God in heaven.

Who has claimed the multiverse is proven?
That's the only way you atheists are going to convince anyone that God doesn't exist. You cannot have a fine tuned universe just pop into existence for no reason any more than you can have a PC computer just pop into existence for no reason and without design. The odds of such things happening are: impossible!

Back