What are you listening to?

For those of us with latent aggressive impulses. Sorry, did I say "us"? I meant "you", of course. Wait, does passive-aggression count?

Have you seen them in concert? I never did when I was younger which I kinda regret, I heard the shows are awesome.

Might try to go whenever the new album gets released, you know in 2077 or whenever. ;)

Have you seen them in concert? I never did when I was younger which I kinda regret, I heard the shows are awesome.

Might try to go whenever the new album gets released, you know in 2077 or whenever. ;)

Yep, once, at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney. Brilliant music, great to see the band live, but the projected visuals made me paranoid... so gory and strange; skinless bodies and jerky humanoid creatures with weird features etc.

Oh, I didn't know there was a new album in the works. What did you think of their last one? I wasn't such a fan. Maybe I need to revisit it. (And this after saying earlier in the thread that I've been trying not to listen to Tool...)

Yep, once, at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney. Brilliant music, great to see the band live, but the projected visuals made me paranoid... so gory and strange; skinless bodies and jerky humanoid creatures with weird features etc.

Oh, I didn't know there was a new album in the works. What did you think of their last one? I wasn't such a fan. Maybe I need to revisit it. (And this after saying earlier in the thread that I've been trying not to listen to Tool...)

10,000 Days right? I liked it, but I at times wonder if Tool has said all it needs to say as a band.

I've even argued there wasn't a need for new albums past Lateralus, though I love the band enough that I do look forward to new music.

Caught the Mothership show - a Texas rock band. @Hurmanetar curious if you know them?

Also had some smaller bands playing:

Green Meteor has a cool T-shirt:

89a2f7078fec8bae7345c08181c2b0c6.jpg

HAWKWIND
When they are bad they are tacky and dreadful but when they are good, they are totally awesome!

ELP
Down to earth mysticism from the great singer and amazing guitarist Greg Lake.

This Mortal Coil
So you think you have heard sad?

Last edited:
I'm slowly working my way from most recent backwards through this thread, liking what I like as I go. I'm currently on page 14, so still a ways to go.

Here's one for Jim Smith; I suspect he'll like it:

This one is for me. I can't listen to it without bursting into tears, and I like a good cry. I think it's just perfect

Sad songs it is then. Here are the two saddest songs I know. The first is by the Whitlams, about a former member of the band, Stevie Plunder, who had a heroin addiction and committed suicide in the Blue Mountains. Tim doesn't hold back in his lyrics:

The Whitlams - Buy Now Pay Later (Charlie No 2)

The second is more about existential sadness and loneliness. Beth is one of the most remarkable lyricists/vocalists I know of:

Portishead - Roads

Back