What are you watching?

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by Jim_Smith, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Miracles from the Wildside

Animals healing humans.

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  2. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger New

I finally got around to watching it. I was not impressed, but at least they brought up some interesting questions for others, I suppose. I guess it was going for quantum immortality? I thought it started off well, but quickly got boring and I felt it was unsatisfying in the end. Others might not feel that way, but that is my very short "review." :)

3. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger New

It's funny, because I used to be a huge horror fan, but I now have very little tolerance for gore, torture and graphic sexual violence in entertainment. I think I will skip this one.

I'm one of those who read Martin's Fire and Ice series when the books came out, but I stopped watching the show around halfway through the second season. (And I watched both seasons of "Rome"!) HBO decided to totally exaggerate the sex, gore, violence, and added even MORE rape then what was in the books. So I stopped.

I don't want to watch Westworld for the same reason! I'm done with graphic torture and rape in shows meant for entertainment.

I'm actually trying to wean myself off media altogether, but I still watch Better Call Saul and am looking forward to Stranger Things and a handful of Netflix comedies. But, I know, I should unplug. I'll get there eventually, I hope.

4. malf

malf Member

S'all good, man. ;)

5. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger New

I know, I watched Breaking Bad twice. The first time I was slowly horrified at what Walter White became (but to be smug, I did realize eventually where the show was going and hated him before my husband did, and that was some (light-hearted) arguments). The second time I enjoyed hating Walter and saw how it was inevitable what he became because he was always an awful person.

But I have been in love with Bob Odenkirk since the '90s. I loved Mr Show.

Sciborg_S_Patel, malf and Trancestate like this.
  6. manjit

manjit New

Here's a lesser known movie I think a quite a few members of this forum would enjoy. I'm not really the biggest fan of horror movies and I wasn't expecting much from this one at all, but it was actually quite a good movie - very apropos for this forum, check it out, it might surprise you! (I would advise AGAINST watching any trailers or other reviews than the edited excerpts posted below as they contain a fairly major spoiler for some ridiculous reason! :mad:):

WE GO ON
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/we_go_on/

And as I'm posting - I'm amazed nobody here's posted anything about the movie Arrival! :eek: One of the best sci-fi movies in recent memory - deeply intelligent & profound, a must watch even for those who don't like watching movies but are interested in such subjects as time, language, consciousness, aliens etc, as this will make you think.....I absolutely loved it!:

ARRIVAL
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/arrival_2016/

Pollux and Sciborg_S_Patel like this.
  7. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Episode 4 is awesome!

Pollux and Sciborg_S_Patel like this.
  8. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

9. Boo boo

Boo boo New

That was me as a kid almost everyday.

10. The environments of Dark Souls III set to varied songs:

Boo boo likes this.
  11. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Just uploaded on YouTube today. I don't think there's anything "strange" happening at CERN at all.
    But sometimes I watch these type of videos for laughs.

12. Boo boo

Boo boo New

I laughed so hard, my soda came out my nose.

13. lhl

lhl Member

14. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger New

I thought The Handmaid's Tale was pretty good. I went into it thinking it would not be a good adaptation, but I was pleasantly surprised. Elizabeth Moss is a really good actress, but it's a shame about the Scientology.

I am on episode five of the new Twin Peaks. I suppose I need to finish the series before I have an opinion.

15. Pollux

Pollux New

We all know that some animals are pretty smart, and can communicate with humans either by sign-language, or that they can perform rather complex tasks on verbal commands. Parrots though are often seen as animals that, with their mimic-skills, only repeats small soundbites here & there, that they picked up from their owner. But we dont often see a parrot have a sort of coherent reasoning.

This particular parrot (in the clip below) isn't directly a mastermind, but he actually display what really looks like an emotional response, where he acts like he is genuinely offended - and have a long monologue about it. It isn't the most articulate parrot out there, and he curses a lot - so it isn't for the faint of heart to listen to. :)

He was apparently really offended when his owner called him; `a bird´ just earlier - instead of calling him a Macaw, I guess. Anyway, he goes totally ballistic and starts a fiery tirade, acts hysterical, and curses at his owner. He has obviously picked up these swear-words from his owner, but putting them together in sentences like that are kinda special. Especially to know that to use them when he is upset.

His final comment of the tirade - just picked out of the blue - is priceless. Especially when he cocks his head and looks all psycho; "- Imagine that??". :D

16. Pollux

Pollux New

I liked Arrival.
    It reminds a bit of a lesser known flick called; Epochs

It has the worst spoiler-trailer I ever seen for a movie, so dont watch it if you are planning to see the movie. It literally tells/shows the whole movie in under 2 minutes.

17. Pollux

Pollux New

Yeah, I agree. It could have been so much better, and as you say; it started off well, but then really dropped the ball. But it wasn't a totally disaster either. It's just that one expected more out of it.

Doppelgänger and Trancestate like this.